You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sunday 23rd May, 4:00pm

Trumo

1 minute ago, KevieG said:

We didn't play great in last 8/9 games but dug it out. Crowds back, players back and hopefully 2/3 big signings and let's forget this weird behind closed doors season ever existed. 

Pity about Leicester but hopefully Lineker is upset about it. 

I hope the jug eared twat is on MOTD tonight.

Edit, he is. Boss. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Great finishing 3rd over 4th. Im not sure the actual numbers but from a finance point of view i think its close to 6ml in extra money from TV,Merrit money etc

Extra prize money, but more importantly we get a bigger slice of the Champions league pot that gets split between the English clubs. 

1st = 40%

2nd 30%

3rd 20%

4th 10%

We effectively get twice as much of the pool money as we would if we finish 4th, I think we'll get more money for having a higher coefficient next season too now our no show has fell off. 

Despite Leicester's collapse we showed some real mental fortitude at times in the run in, and for all the shit we've had to endure we deserve 3rd.

Our casual approach has got to change before the start of next season though, it's not us under Klopp and will not serve us well.  Some new faces needed, bring back a bit of hunger.  And I still think Thiago will be a problem but I know few will agree with me and I hope everyone else is proven right on him.

Well done Red Men, well done Kloppo.

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Extra prize money, but more importantly we get a bigger slice of the Champions league pot that gets split between the English clubs. 

1st = 40%

2nd 30%

3rd 20%

4th 10%

We effectively get twice as much of the pool money as we would if we finish 4th, I think we'll get more money for having a higher coefficient next season too now our no show has fell off. 

How much do the bitters get for winning October?

11 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Great result, and a very good finish to the season.

Thiago man of the match, head and shoulders above the rest.

All the bullshit about him not adapting to a new league and a new team is just that, bullshit. If any adapting is required it’s the rest of the team adapting to his level of quality.

I think the single biggest factor is that he had to settle in after injury playing a different role due to the absence of Fabinho and / or Henderson. If I have to criticise one thing about Klopp this season, it’s persevering with Fabinho in defence for a few games too many after it became apparent how much it hurt the midfield and attack. He’ll have his reasons and perhaps we wouldn’t have gone on this fine late run without the extra pressure, but it would have been nice if we could’ve pipped United to second.

• Upvote 1

Unbelievable to finish 3rd, was dreading Thursday night footie. They really saved the shit season. Pity mo missed out on the golden boot. 

Champions finishing 10th, I can smell the boiling piss from here. Well done red's. 

giphy-2 (2).gif

• Upvote 3

Everyone played their part today.

Salah was outstanding, aside from his finishing.

Mane too. Not sure what he was doing for the 2nd goal mind, but we caught a break.

Referee was very good today.

What a run we've had to get back in.

With 6th and 7th choice centre backs.

Take a bow, lads.

Final word on Thiago. Wow!

• Upvote 1