You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sunday 23rd May, 4:00pm

Trumo

3 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

When we're watching with our mates and we hear girly shrieks above the rest of the crowd noise, we can say, 'D'ya hear those girly shrieks? That's Rog from TLW, that is. He said he was going to give it his best shot at making some noise, and fair play, he's getting heard'

Best bet is when Robbo is whipping his balls into the box. Don't think we don't know you've got a thing for Robbo.

Fuck me Robbo. Yeah. Although both Rhys and Trent too. And Curtis. 

Apparently we're sat near the Directors Box which will be my first ever time in the new stand. 

If @dave u was in his normal seat, I'd probably be able to chuck lobster from the included three course meal at him. 

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

What the sodding hell have patches got to do with parading a trophy we are no longer holders of and have put up a pathetic defence of...and to top it off on the same day the new champions get presented with it.

The time has gone, lets win it again and hopefully get to parade it then.

Haha, you really are clueless. You dont get the correlation between wearing champions badges, being reigning League Champions and showing the fans the trophy do you?

Do you think Liverpool would build a platform and 'present' the trophy all over again?

Clearly you do because you keep pratting on about a 'trophy we've lost.' Do you think the PL nicked the trophy off Liverpool so city could display it in the middle of the pitch a few games back?

Pathetic defence? Did you see the post about city 18 points behind when we won and we're 1 less 17 but our and only our defence was 'pathetic'?

Jesus wept.

Added to the ignored list because I cant stand your myopic negativity all the time.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

What the sodding hell have patches got to do with parading a trophy we are no longer holders of and have put up a pathetic defence of...and to top it off on the same day the new champions get presented with it.

The time has gone, lets win it again and hopefully get to parade it then.

It could be worse, this Norwegian journalist is a City fan.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, you really are clueless. You dont get the correlation between wearing champions badges, being reigning League Champions and showing the fans the trophy do you?

Do you think Liverpool would build a platform and 'present' the trophy all over again?

Clearly you do because you keep pratting on about a 'trophy we've lost.' Do you think the PL nicked the trophy off Liverpool so city could display it in the middle of the pitch a few games back?

Pathetic defence? Did you see the post about city 18 points behind when we won and we're 1 less 17 but our and only our defence was 'pathetic'?

Jesus wept.

Added to the ignored list because I cant stand your myopic negativity all the time.

Fuck off, ratcatcher.

Fucking melt.

• Upvote 2

Oh and You have the neck to call others myopic when you are the absolute definition of myopic....where did i say 'only' our title defence was pathetic? I only mentioned our defence bccause that is all i care about, City's defence of it means nothing to me, so i don't feel any need to reference it.

For the record as you have brought it up though - it was better than ours mind...more points, and we were exceptional champions getting 99 pts and being unbeaten for 27 or so games....winning all but 1 in that spell.

Being 18 pts behind that is a lot different to being 17 pts behind a team who are likely to finish on 86pts.

We all know what we have done this season, our title defence has been pathetic in just about every measurable way, including how dealt with our injury crisis...

If you want to throw a titty lip about someone else saying that and like the big kid you are say 'what about city and their defence of the title it was worse than ours' knock yourself out, i doubt you'll find many who agree.

As for 'losing' the trophy, yes we have lost it...we no longer hold it - another club are now officially league champions.

We won the title last season and it is of course forever so, but parading that trophy now and on the same day it is presented to the new champions would in my view be laughable.

Let's agree to disagree - no point going over and round in circles here, been here before with you and it does nobody any good 

Oh and as for the patches in europe - they represent historical achievement, ala stars on shirts for world cup winners, and have nothing at all to do with (for me anyway) parading a trophy you won the season before, at the end of the next one when you are about to finish between 3rd and 5th.

We were dreadfully unlucky with how things were to not have a parade/chance to walk trophy around ground to fans and it is a massive shame and a thing all involved players/staff and fans are rightly gutted about....but to do it Sunday would be just a no for me.

Hopefully it motivates us to win it again and hopefully we get that time to enjoy it with all the full ceremony etc it would deserve....oh and just for clarity as i know you aren't the brightest when it comes to context (read it slowly, ratcatcher so you get it....ready?)

I....am....not.....saying.....they....would....have....a....plinth....or.....do....a.....full.....presentation.....if.....they.....paraded.....it.....on.....sunday.....

OK, jimmy/ratcatcher?

12 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Were you following the link from

the downloaded instruction sheet? I couldn’t get mine to work that way, but when I logged into the website separately I was able to download it, on my iPhone. It took me a while to figure it out 

Legend!

Worked like a dream

• Upvote 1

The final game of what has been one of the most challenging seasons supporting this great club. It has been the perfect shitstorm. The context of finally lifting the holy grail and we don’t get to enjoy it properly still hurts, the absolutely horrific empty stadiums, can’t stress my excitement at 10k in Anfield this weekend and a completely unprecedented injury crisis, I pray we never see the like of it again.

Nonetheless, we have an amazing opportunity to salvage something out of this abortion of a season. We have put together title winning form in the last stretch, to put us in this position. This club is all about momentum, our successful seasons are generally predicated on a strong finish to the last.

We’ll get the job done on Sunday. Fans will return on masse, Virgil, Joe and Matip (don’t laugh) and hendo will return and we’re gonna go full tilt again for that league title again.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Would it be one Master N Keita Esq, per chance?

I don't even think of him being a Liverpool player any more. Whenever I try to think of our options for the next match, I never think of Naby, because... what's the point?

Sad it never worked out, but off you fuck.

• Upvote 1

That article in the Naby thread suggests he doesn't get on with Jurgen and looking at it dispassionately it makes sense as the last year seems more a reluctance to play rather than an inability to play. I think Bissouma for him would work better for all concerned. We would still have problems in the mids that need to be addressed though.

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I wonder if there are any holdouts left on writing Naby off. I held out as long as I could and for quite a long time. 

I didn't last long, you could tell he was a malingering cunt very early, just hope we've seen the back of him now.

I think he can still be a good player, just somewhere else. He obviously can't deal with the demands of our midfield players. Everytime he plays on the right of our midfield Trent is left badly exposed as he never drops back to cover him. Its just not going to work here. I could see it working at say leicester where Ndidi will do all the dirty work and he and Tielemans can just play. Don't see the Atletico links at all, couldn't see Simeone putting up with the lack of effort. I wonder if he would be interested in going back to Germany. Exchange with Leipzig or maybe Gladbach for Florian Neuhaus