You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it just a matter of perception but these sides play us like if they dont win the world will end. Remember Newcastle last game of the season a few seasons ago and they fucking battled like stopping us from getting 3 points meant they all got eternal youth. They never put a performance in like it all season.

I think part of it is that we tend to start matches against the shit teams in the league like we have 11 players who've never seen each other before kick off. Slow, half-arsed pressing, low tempo in possession, misplaced passes, the works. That gives them a bit of hope.

Back when we started matches like a house on fire and scored lots of goals against the shit teams they were noticeably less arsed about playing us. Happened loads under Rodgers, especially at Anfield.

Pep's Man City are absolute masters of going a goal up very early on against sides like Burnley. Look at how many games they go 1-0 up in the first fifteen minutes.

26 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I was at Burnley away in the league/milk/rumbelows cup, after a couple of pints before the game, went the chippy.

Fella in front with the best wool/sheep shagging voice said,

"Do yu sell pies?"

"Yes"

"Do yu sell peas?"

"Yes"

"Eeeh, that's grand. Pie and peas please"

Get some fuckin chips you tramp.

Sounds like he was on some carb-reducing diet for a new, perfect him from that month's Cosmopolitan and you've just misjudged the situation. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Will Norris: ‘How am I doing, boss?’

Every other unheralded goalkeeper who has played an inexplicable, once-off blinder against us: ‘You’re doing a great job, son... a great job!’

Pope had a blinker against us last season and usually I’d be made up he’s not playing but I’m still scarred by Chris Woods in the league cup final of 78 

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Pope had a blinker against us last season and usually I’d be made up he’s not playing but I’m still scarred by Chris Woods in the league cup final of 78 

Bloody disgrace that.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

No Eze on Sunday morning?

The game’s on in the afternoon here, you yank twat. 

6 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Leicester playing Spurs on the final day with Kane obsessed by the golden boot means we’ll be in with a shout as long as we avoid losing, even though it won’t be a nice scenario.

He’s not playing like someone obsessed with the golden boot against Villa here. 

Fast start please, reds 

We seem to almost never start fast any more.

These are going to be up for it in front of fans and after getting dicked at home.

We should be bouncing though after Sunday...if we aren't something is very wrong.

The worries for me is a 3rd game in under a week with a bare bones squad...and the centre halves being exposed....Williams looks like a boy playing against men too often especially v pace and or strength and very much so v long balls.