You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

Williams isn’t ready and in an ideal world would be playing reserves but he could be a great player in future seasons. He gets targeted by the opposition and sometimes gets found out, due to stepping up before he’s ready. He’s risking his development and confidence being permanently ruined for the good of the team as he is needed right now, not in the future. Doing that infront  of millions of viewers every few days takes courage and I think he’s shown he has that, as well as ability. 
Complaining about Williams playing it’s like complaining about a brave kid being too small to fight against the nazis when all the adults have been shot. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Williams isn’t ready and in an ideal world would be playing reserves but he could be a great player in future seasons. He gets targeted by the opposition and sometimes gets found out, due to stepping up before he’s ready. He’s risking his development and confidence being permanently ruined for the good of the team as he is needed right now, not in the future. Doing that infront  of millions of viewers every few days takes courage and I think he’s shown he has that, as well as ability. 
Complaining about Williams playing it’s like complaining about a brave kid being too small to fight against the nazis when all the adults have been shot. 

Williams is tall and not a donkey with the ball at his feet. With more experience and knowhow, he has ingredients to be a good centre back. Right now he's naïve and not very alert, unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I suspect 4 points will be enough for 4th so a draw wouldn’t necessarily be the end of the world, but it would be nice if we could just cruise to victory in as stress free a manner as possible.

That’s what I think too, and I suspect we’ll be shitting ourselves at 5:55 on Sunday 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They’ve gone 10 games at home without a win, last home win was 27th January against Villa.

Ooh lovely. Another cunt of a team or player who has done fuck all for years or a long stretch of no home wins and along we come to fix it. Robson kanu at the weekend a prime example.

Not normally a hysterical fanny but these 2 types teams have been our kryptonite this season. 

Twelvety nil to the clarets

18 hours ago, Anubis said:

Oh christ....

Yeah, if it wasn't for the Big Six attracting huge television payouts for clubs like you, you'd be playing in front of 350 fans every week in League One.

350 white fans. Watching the whitest squad in the league. And saving up for White Lives Matter airplane banners. 

10 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

A powerful critique.

Care to elaborate? 

They say:

"The purpose of this article is not to accuse Sean Dyche, or any other coach, of prejudice against black players. Rather, the purpose is to start a discussion about factors that may affect the recruitment of black players in football, and Dyche's signings display an unusual tendency that is statistically striking but difficult to explain with data."

No, they are saying EXACTLY THAT, because they can't explain through data why he has so few black players and they obviously don't like it otherwise the article would never be written.

Do you think Dyche would turn down the likes of Mane, Trent, Virgil, Rashford, Fernandhino for example, if he was offered the chance to work with them?

Do you think he would turn down even the likes of Lingard, Calvert-Lewin or Pereira from the lower tier?

The article assumes that because its Burnley, and they haven't had a favourable rep in this area recently due to the white lives matter plane garbage, that theres some kind of a connection with Dyche. You don't sign players based on their appearance.

I think Fred, Williams, Origi, Pogba and Matt Phillips are bang average, and wouldn't want them near my first 11, does that make me a racist?

Theres a massive trend at the moment across the social spectrum, and thats what it is - a trend, to right some of the wrongs of society, but they are going about it the wrong way. I don't have the answers on how to fix it, but basically pointing the finger at everyone and shoving others out at the expense of 'righting this' is just flipping the problem 180. And articles like this are neither helpful or insightful. Thats why theres so much pushback, the public are not stupid.