You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

Let’s never forget Carra is a fucking legend and we started singing “ we all dream of a team of Carraghers” in Taskin Square  as the antidote to Stevie’s lack of loyalty. Carra telling Mourinho to fuck off being a case in point....we’re a historic big Club you cheap little upstart versus Stevie’s falling for the fake riches.

Carra’s a sound lad, always has been and always will be, and the vendetta against him on here is sadly misplaced. Remember his old fella kicking off with the “ring of fire” song after Fulham away in 04.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeBuck01 said:

Let’s never forget Carra is a fucking legend and we started singing “ we all dream of a team of Carraghers” in Taskin Square  as the antidote to Stevie’s lack of loyalty. Carra telling Mourinho to fuck off being a case in point....we’re a historic big Club you cheap little upstart versus Stevie’s falling for the fake riches.

Carra’s a sound lad, always has been and always will be, and the vendetta against him on here is sadly misplaced. Remember his old fella kicking off with the “ring of fire” song after Fulham away in 04.

I did say he was a bit better. 

That wasn't great yet we got a great result. Finishing still pants yet score with every shot on target. Pope not being there was big. 

How we managed to have Burnley at 0-2 around 60 with them visibly being minutes away from quitting, to them peppering our box for 15 minutes, I have no idea. That was terrible. Thiago was the only one doing anything in midfield. Fabinho gave it away every single time and Gini is there for no reason. 

And if it's between Ox and Keita for who is going, we have to keep Ox every single time. People forget he's a decent goal threat when he plays up front, there's real versatility there when he's fit. Keita just plays midfield and badly. 

Palace will be terrible. Zaha 1v1 vs. our CB's, I don't even want to think about it. At least goal difference with Leicester is no real threat anymore. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Does anyone know anything about this fucking European conference league and who qualifies?

Is it basically the European Johnstones paint trophy?

I've just gone off and googled this after reading about it for the first time in this thread.

Anyone want to tell me how UEFA managed to squeeze in an extra competition without anyone noticing or complaining? Did they do it during the whole SuperLeague debacle?

For what it's worth, it sounds absolutely shite. A "third-tier competition," it's meant so that more countries' leagues can participate in European competition. Which, fair enough - but why have an English team in there at all, then?

As it stands, Spurs will qualify for it in seventh if they can match or better Everton's result. They go into a two-legged qualifier, likely against some poor bunch of sods from Kazakhstan or Albania, then a group stage and then a full CL-style knockout competition. All to win the European equivalent of the Carling Cup. Sounds absolutely soul-destroying, I can't imagine how you could possibly take it seriously.

17 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I've just gone off and googled this after reading about it for the first time in this thread.

Anyone want to tell me how UEFA managed to squeeze in an extra competition without anyone noticing or complaining? Did they do it during the whole SuperLeague debacle?

For what it's worth, it sounds absolutely shite. A "third-tier competition," it's meant so that more countries' leagues can participate in European competition. Which, fair enough - but why have an English team in there at all, then?

As it stands, Spurs will qualify for it in seventh if they can match or better Everton's result. They go into a two-legged qualifier, likely against some poor bunch of sods from Kazakhstan or Albania, then a group stage and then a full CL-style knockout competition. All to win the European equivalent of the Carling Cup. Sounds absolutely soul-destroying, I can't imagine how you could possibly take it seriously.

Think you are being kind to it using Carling Cup as the comparison.

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

Think you are being kind to it using Carling Cup as the comparison.

Quite possibly.

But seriously, just imagine having to watch Liverpool trot the first team out SEVENTEEN TIMES over the course of a season by the time you get to the final, only to win a trophy that no one could possibly care about, and in fact a trophy that every other team in the country will actively mock you for winning.

I would be fuming. If we were in Spurs' position, I'd want us to play Ben Woodburn and recall Brad Jones on an emergency loan and maybe give the tea lady a go up front. Can't see them doing us any favours at all in that Leicester game just so they can take part in that next season.

Everton, on the other hand, will probably be right up for it. It sounds like the sort of thing that would suit that club down to the ground.

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Quite possibly.

But seriously, just imagine having to watch Liverpool trot the first team out SEVENTEEN TIMES over the course of a season by the time you get to the final, only to win a trophy that no one could possibly care about, and in fact a trophy that every other team in the country will actively mock you for winning.

I would be fuming. If we were in Spurs' position, I'd want us to play Ben Woodburn and recall Brad Jones on an emergency loan and maybe give the tea lady a go up front. Can't see them doing us any favours at all in that Leicester game just so they can take part in that next season.

Everton, on the other hand, will probably be right up for it. It sounds like the sort of thing that would suit that club down to the ground.

I can see the dvd now - 'Everton back in Europe'

Of course it ends with them losing in the last 16 to FC Tobol from Kazakhstan.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Allardyce stepping down because he doesn’t fancy the Championship, the fucking coward.

Aye, there's too many cloggers and fighters in that league so he would be found out immediately. Plus he makes more as a 'Red Adair; character that comes in and teaches the dark arts. But a lot of the clubs he's saved has subsequently gone down anyway. Not all his fault, they were on the decline really. Everton are an anomaly in that respect but the kind of clubs he manages cannot usually afford the likes of an Ancelotti. 

It's going to be squeaky bum time for the last game, while we may have put the Palace curse to bed over the last few years, we're not the team of the last few years. It could go either way. 

I'm continually amazed how commentators and pundits talk about teams like Burnley playing "good football" when most of these teams are managed by the LMA 4-4-fucking2 mindset wankers who mostly play with their entire team camped in their own box and then either lump it up to a big striker or into the channels and hope for a free kick while time wasting from the first minute. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

I'm continually amazed how commentators and pundits talk about teams like Burnley playing "good football" when most of these teams are managed by the LMA 4-4-fucking2 mindset wankers who mostly play with their entire team camped in their own box and then either lump it up to a big striker or into the channels and hope for a free kick while time wasting from the first minute. 

They interviewed a few Burnley fans after the game on Sky about how they felt about the crowds being back.

One knob basically said Liverpool play awful football and that Leeds were better than us. Just a pity he has been watching a similar style of play as most Sunday league teams up and down the country for the last decade otherwise his opinion might hold some weight.

I thought Phillips and Williams in particular were abysmal at the back, a goalline header does not change that fact.

I cant wait for us to get our proper CB’s back, as the insecurity back there is the main reason for all our problems.

Salah should have got a penalty when pushed, but he play under different rules. Some of our passing were sloppy as fuck, Robertson with hopeless delivery, Fabinho kept losing the ball etc, etc.

We should have scored more, could have been 2-6 or something. 

10 hours ago, JoeBuck01 said:

He has had some very unfair criticism but getting into bed with Ratboy was a stupid thing to do. I think half the time he is mindful of not sounding too biased in favour of Liverpool and makes a fool of himself as a result. Sky have their own agenda and he has been sucked in and short of jibbing them off , which is unlikely , he will probably continue to piss off lots of us. 

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He has had some very unfair criticism but getting into bed with Ratboy was a stupid thing to do. I think half the time he is mindful of not sounding too biased in favour of Liverpool and makes a fool of himself as a result. Sky have their own agenda and he has been sucked in and short of jibbing them off , which is unlikely , he will probably continue to piss off lots of us. 

Have you seen the vid from last year when we beat the Mancs 2-0 at Anfield, the commentating one where they are in the stands with Tyler? Neville wears the pants in that relationship.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

One knob basically said Liverpool play awful football and that Leeds were better than us. 

Just pissed off because they thought they’d be the ones to fuck us over, but it never happened. Probably fucked his night up.

1 hour ago, Code said:

I thought Phillips and Williams in particular were abysmal at the back, a goalline header does not change that fact.

I cant wait for us to get our proper CB’s back, as the insecurity back there is the main reason for all our problems.

Salah should have got a penalty when pushed, but he play under different rules. Some of our passing were sloppy as fuck, Robertson with hopeless delivery, Fabinho kept losing the ball etc, etc.

We should have scored more, could have been 2-6 or something. 

I thought Williams was very poor but this is not unexpected as he is clearly not at this level at present and up against a clever operator in Wood. Phillips started badly but got better as the game progressed. I don't think either were helped by the high line ( I assume Jurgen knows it doesn't suit them but feels the positives further up the pitch outweigh the problems caused at the back ) and the fact that referees appear to blindly allow Burnley forwards to push defenders blatantly or back into defenders without ever giving a foul.

I was surprised Mo's penalty shout was breezed over so quickly.I have to say though that overall Kavanagh wasn't too bad.

• Upvote 2

I think either sky have told Caragher the line they want him to spin as a price for keeping his job after spitgate or on commentary he's trying to please the majority, which he knows is the anti Liverpool mob and not say it how he sees it.

We all call neville out but you have to say when he's co commenting on us, he doesnt let his manc obssession show through.

Id be a bit embarassed if Carragher was over gushing about us, especially this season when we've been below peak. As the same time, he just seems to have gone the other way.

14 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Have you seen the vid from last year when we beat the Mancs 2-0 at Anfield, the commentating one where they are in the stands with Tyler? Neville wears the pants in that relationship.

Yes Neville does pull rank on Carra.  He is quicker on his feet and more articulate then gets his point across first and more intelligibly . I actually don't think Neville is any brighter than Carra ; on the contrary buts lets be honest here , Jamie Carragher is hardly best suited to a job where he has to speak clearly for a living.  

• Upvote 1