You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

4 hours ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

I knew he had a shocker when he came on, but am I only the one who hasn't given up on the Power Cube? I'd like to see him in the starting line-up alongside Thiago and Fabinho as he COULD make things happen with that left peg of his and he doesn't shy away from having a shot from outside the box. Speaking of which, is shooting from outside the box verboten now? Lost count on the number of instances the players could have taken a pop seeing how deep the Baggies defended and it was late in the game when Thiago had his attempts.

I just think his confidence is absolutely shot. Every time he comes on you can see him thinking of his natural instinct to pass forward or shoot , and then shake his head and pass sideways. He needs to go for his career and sanity.

Expect this to be very difficult. We’re very poor defensively at the moment, hoofing it in the direction of our goal is enough to cause us problems. And we still struggle to create and score enough, even if I’d say that has improved over the last weeks. 

Need to do what Leeds did to this lot, destroy them with intensity, running and quality.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Expect this to be very difficult. We’re very poor defensively at the moment, hoofing it in the direction of our goal is enough to cause us problems. And we still struggle to create and score enough, even if I’d say that has improved over the last weeks. 

Need to do what Leeds did to this lot, destroy them with intensity, running and quality.

Exactly . No fucking about passing it sideways in midfield we have to keep a really high tempo.  They will have supporters in the ground and I always thought this would be our biggest hurdle in the last three games.  My big concern is how much gas we have left in the tank and the lack of options off the bench.  We really can't go with Williams again at the back. The lad is a totally out of his depth. 

Im the first to admit Nat and Rhys didnt play as good as they did against the mancs.

But bottom line is these last 2 games are cup finals. We're down to bare bones. Personally I didnt see the need for Fabinho to be galloping upto the west brom box for the first 75 minutes of that game. Robbo needs to take a bit more care with his clearances as he seems to just lash at a few balls recently and cause a bit of panic when they become angel rapers and come down with snow on it.

Fingers crossed we havent picked up any injuries from yesterday.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I just think his confidence is absolutely shot. Every time he comes on you can see him thinking of his natural instinct to pass forward or shoot , and then shake his head and pass sideways. He needs to go for his career and sanity.

Spot on there, only to find his teammates static as lamp posts in the box (even Mo) especially late in the game. With the lack of movement in front of him what options did he have? Pass it backwards/sideways, rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1

I think we’re just going to have to play more or less the same lads the last 2 games. Now Jota is injured there’s not much to play with in terms of changing anything (other than bringing Wijnaldum back in obviously). Will have to still play those 2 herberts at the back and just hope and pray we get away with it for 2 more games.
It’s in the lap of the gods now. 180 minutes left of arse clenching.

2 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I think we’re just going to have to play more or less the same lads the last 2 games. Now Jota is injured there’s not much to play with in terms of changing anything (other than bringing Wijnaldum back in obviously). Will have to still play those 2 herberts at the back and just hope and pray we get away with it for 2 more games.
It’s in the lap of the gods now. 180 minutes left of arse clenching.

I’m really not looking forward to watching Zaha against Phillips and Rhys Williams on Sunday. Not one bit.

12 minutes ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

Well, they coped well (ish) against Rashford and Greenwood. It's the fucking grocks that caused them problems (Rhys in particular).

Williams got exposed big time before with Rashford in the cup game. Philips has also struggled with players with Pace - the Madrid match recently as one example. Both are a liability and mistake waiting to happen. 

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Maybe we go three at the back?

3-4-3

Alisson; Phillips, Williams, Robertson; Trent, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner/Tsimikas; Salah, Mane, Firmino

Or Fab in goal, Bobby or Sadio dropped for Alli to play up top. That'll flumox Dyche and his crew!

Seriously though, if there's no reported injuries, I can only see the same team as yesterday with either Milner or Wijnaldum restored in place of Curtis.

• Upvote 1