You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

54 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He has had some very unfair criticism but getting into bed with Ratboy was a stupid thing to do. I think half the time he is mindful of not sounding too biased in favour of Liverpool and makes a fool of himself as a result. Sky have their own agenda and he has been sucked in and short of jibbing them off , which is unlikely , he will probably continue to piss off lots of us. 

I think that's a fair comment. We all get wound up during games anyway so his comments don't help but he obviously loves the club.  

49 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Said during the match thread that Wood is annoyingly good at what he does. Fortunately, they didn’t profit from it last night.

Arguably the best footballer this country has ever produced. Although to be fair the competition is Ryan Nelsen or Winston Reid. I've got no idea how good Wynton Rufer was because I didn't see much Bundesliga in the 80s.

14 hours ago, an tha said:

Think you are being kind to it using Carling Cup as the comparison.

It's actually the equivalent to: The EFL Trophy (currently known as the Papa John's Trophy), first held in 1983, is a competition for the 48 clubs in Football League One and Football League Two, and 16 Premier League and Championship under-23 sides.

To qualify for that would be beyond embarrassing. If we, God forbid, qualified for this in the future, are we allowed to say: ”Sadly because of some unfortunate circumstances we have to decline. But thanks for a generous invitation”? Or would we get a fine for doing that?

17 hours ago, Pidge said:

I used to rate Mee, now I think he's comfortably their worst player. Taylor is good, but wouldn't want him. McNeil is the one, really. Could cover left back, midfield and the wing. Huge potential, currently being wasted.

McNeil looks a tidy player. He’s absolutely at the wrong team. And to be fair, a fair few of Burnley’s players seem comfortable on the ball, under pressure. It’s Dyche the Neanderthal that has them playing tripe.

Wasn’t McNeil at Swansea too?

17 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

"It's all top bantz right mate?"

That's the level of sports after shows the world over. The vast majority of people they have on are absolutely horrific at analyzing the game. It's the same shit over here in America with our sports. Was just telling my friend that Tim fucking Howard of all people talks more sense that a lot of the commentators.

Carra did the CBS punditry (not live game stuff but pre, half, and postgame ) and is a completely different person to the Carra I listen to when I watch the Sky feeds. I guess he figures the American crowd either don't care about obvious biases or are too ignorant about the game to know who he is.

Carra on CBS’ Champions League coverage has a snarky bite. He is the wise cracking, too cool for school guy always having the smart arse last response. This to Martinez’s straight man act and Richard’s buffoonery. It is super irritating.

The 1st thing Sky should do if it wasn't all about clicks and reactions is to remove Carragher and Neville from co-comms at Liverpool and Manchester Utd games respectively. 

Carragher tries too hard to be unbiased and comes across as a bit of a dope. 

Neville just consistently talks about the Manc tactical set up, their system, the club's future purchases etc. etc. all the way through the game. He mentions the opposition once or twice a half. 

I genuinely think Carragher feels he is doing his best job and Neville uses the platform to create the Utd narrative and also gets carried away talking about his own team.

If Sky were only interested in putting on the best presentation possible they would get the likes of Davie Provan to do these games and just tell the story of the game without prejudice. 

On 20/05/2021 at 11:02, sir roger said:

I thought Williams was very poor but this is not unexpected as he is clearly not at this level at present and up against a clever operator in Wood.

I wouldn't even go that hard on Williams.  Inexperienced, obviously, but I thought his performance was summed up by one moment when he lost the flight of the ball (like a numpty) but then recovered to snuff out the attack (like a boss). I defy anybody's sixth-choice CB to do better. 

He's not there yet, by a long chalk, but there may be a proper player in there. A year on loan in the Championship would do him the world of good. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Razoray said:

The 1st thing Sky should do if it wasn't all about clicks and reactions is to remove Carragher and Neville from co-comms at Liverpool and Manchester Utd games respectively. 

Carragher tries too hard to be unbiased and comes across as a bit of a dope. 

Neville just consistently talks about the Manc tactical set up, their system, the club's future purchases etc. etc. all the way through the game. He mentions the opposition once or twice a half. 

I genuinely think Carragher feels he is doing his best job and Neville uses the platform to create the Utd narrative and also gets carried away talking about his own team.

If Sky were only interested in putting on the best presentation possible they would get the likes of Davie Provan to do these games and just tell the story of the game without prejudice. 

'Davie Provan without prejudice?' Given his background that's a clear misnomer! Seriously though,he isn't a bad analyst among the dross Sky employ.