You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Didn't think so. 

They've got a fucking third choice keeper that would have been shitting it first ten minutes. And we've spent the first half misplacing five yard passes, hitting crosses at the first defender and fluffing every half chance. 

think it ended 20 shots on goal 3 on target 

Performances now don't matter.

Just results....get the bare minimum of top 4 hopefully and then bury this clusterfuck shitshow of a season and hopefully never make same mistakes again and hopefully never fall victim to such shite circumstances again as we have had this season.

The main thing now is that a range of results are good enough for us, which is why it was so vital that Chelsea won yesterday.  

We win, we qualify. We draw and either Chelsea or Leicester lose? We qualify. We win and the other two draw? We finish third. Both us and Leicester lose or draw? We qualify.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Just seeing his interview as I haven't turned the Tele off, he's fumbled all over himself and then gone on about how he's the man who eats club biscuits not the man who brings them up. Which I think he genuinely believes is a good thing.

Fixed that for you

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Just seeing his interview as I haven't turned the Tele off, he's fumbled all over himself and then gone on about how he's the man who eats club biscuits not the man who brings them up. Which I think he genuinely believes is a good thing.

Fixed that for you

I don't know whether the players are failing to put what they do in training into practice, or whether the failing lies with what they are doing in training, but it is so frustrating to watch them fluff their lines when very presentable opportunities arise. If an effort is cleanly struck, it is often right at the keeper or off-target. If the effort is scuffed or lacking in power, it's almost ALWAYS on target too. In these match threads I always ask the players to be precise, ruthless and clinical, yet they seldom are. I don't think I'm asking a lot of them with that because, as forum regulars will know, I don't ask for much!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Does anyone know anything about this fucking European conference league and who qualifies?

Is it basically the European Johnstones paint trophy?

7th place makes it and it is full of european  cup prelim/qualifying round failures and winners/runers up of the weakest european leagues.

About as good as the full members cup was...a glorified intertoto!

To summarize:

1. We won.

2. Well done Nat lad.

3. Nice meaningful cameo Ox.

4. Bobby.

5. Allardyce is a self entitled, non-introspective, trogladite, Neanderthal twat, whose contribution to modern football is akin to Epstein being a chaperone at a prom.

6. Don’t fuck up against Palace.

7. “5” above refers.

8. Fuck off Woy.

• Upvote 1

Taken 23 out of 27 available points and 9 games unbeaten in the league now.  Considering how poor some of the performances have been it's an impressive run given how far back we were a couple of months ago 

20210519_230314.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Taken 23 out of 27 available points and 9 games unbeaten in the league now.  Considering how poor some of the performances have been it's an impressive run given how far back we were a couple of months ago 

20210519_230314.jpg

Had Nat Phillips not been injured for Leeds and Newcastle, it would probably have been 27 points put of 27.

(Although we may not have let Ali go up to grab his winner against West Brom.)

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

7th place makes it and it is full of european  cup prelim/qualifying round failures and winners/runers up of the weakest european leagues.

About as good as the full members cup was...a glorified intertoto!

Arsenal IMO

I’ve been trying to think who Nat Phillips reminds of in terms of maxing out all his qualities and them being vital for games at a massive stage of our season.....and it’s Joey Jones. Like Joey, Nat will never be the most accomplished player but his all round commitment and attitude earns him “ Oh Joey Joey” cult hero acclaim.

These players are priceless and I can see him coming back in the Cup with someone like  Bristol City one day and getting a huge ovation, a bit like Joey did in that infamous 4-3 match against Chelsea in 85.  

4 minutes ago, JoeBuck01 said:

I’ve been trying to think who Nat Phillips reminds of in terms of maxing out all his qualities and them being vital for games at a massive stage of our season.....and it’s Joey Jones. Like Joey, Nat will never be the most accomplished player but his all round commitment and attitude earns him “ Oh Joey Joey” cult hero acclaim.

These players are priceless and I can see him coming back in the Cup with someone like  Bristol City one day and getting a huge ovation, a bit like Joey did in that infamous 4-3 match against Chelsea in 85.  

He reminds of Carra. Not the most gifted footballer or athlete, but really relishes defending. (Carra was obviously a fair bit better)

31 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

20210519_230314.jpg

I know it's the match thread and people get a bit tense and are a bit overdramatic, and we did/do look leggy at times but every team has been inconsistent this season, especially the past couple of months. In the past 9 games we have 23 points. Leeds on 20 points are next, then City on 18, Utd and Chelsea on 17.

A good sign winning when things aren't going well IMO