You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

Just now, Anubis said:

Doesn’t it go on head to head, in which case we win with a three nil victory to a three one victory.

I thought it only went h2h after GD and GS

Although probably with gap as it is now GS may be out equation....its too complicated for me!

Just win sunday and make it all irrelevant!

4 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

lovely stuff after the 6 defeats at home  i thought we were done ill take a home game to get champs league football  the mentallity midgets have grown a couple of feet

We're the league's form team.  Just keep it up for one more game and we're golden.

If we do finish the job at the weekend (and I’m not taking it for granted because Palace are a very good side and will no doubt treat it as one of the biggest games in their history) it really could do wonders for next season - getting the results against the odds and finishing the season as the form team in the league despite the injuries, despite immense pressure is about as good an outcome as we could have hoped for when it became clear that top four was in serious jeopardy. 

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

Should we be looking at Taylor or mee? Tough to watch this but a great result against those at any time but tonight it's massive. Well done red's. 

giphy-2 (2).gif

I used to rate Mee, now I think he's comfortably their worst player. Taylor is good, but wouldn't want him. McNeil is the one, really. Could cover left back, midfield and the wing. Huge potential, currently being wasted.

• Upvote 1

Fuck knows how we won that game 3-0. Alli man of the match for me. Big Nat a very close 2nd and a good goal from him but Alli just shades it for me. He commanded his area, caught what he needed to and cleared his lines when he needed.

The players might be running on empty but how come yard dogs like west brom and now burnley seem to have more in the tank? I think a lot of our players were very sloppy or just downright slow tonight.

Robbo's telling everyone to calm down in the first 15 minutes then he's slashing at the ball and late in the 2nd half, shoving over a burnley player in the box at the by line!

Fabinho and Wijnaldum were either asleep or just lazy. Fuck me Mo, you were 1 on 1 three times with a burnley yarddog and they each outpaced you or blocked your shot with almost ease. Sadio, fell over a lot, was fouled a lot but got nothing.

Bobby gave the ball away but at least he got the opening goal. Why does Thiago get to the edge of the oppo's box with the ball, decides to go across the face of it while he makes his mind up what to do then lose possession?

Nice to see Ox bought a ticket in the raffle and come up with a prize.

After all that moaning, the result puts us in the top 4.It is most definitely in ourown hands now. We need the fans in Anfield to get right behind the players and roar them on.

• Upvote 1