Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Manchester United 2 Liverpool 4 (May 13 2021)

17 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I recall the Cruyff he tried against Leicester (he was also fouled there and the goal shouldn't have stood) but I can't remember him being so shit with the ball at his feet that he literally passes the ball to opponents directly in front of the goal.

So, because he was fouled, what he did was OK?

He nearly got caught out a week earlier, and a few more times before that too.

He also dinked a through ball over a Brighton player at Anfield, which was outrageous skill but shockingly risky.

34 minutes ago, m0e said:

He also dinked a through ball over a Brighton player at Anfield, which was outrageous skill but shockingly risky.

Nope, it wasn't OK. He took a stupid risk and was caught out. Was still a foul though. Fair play to you for remembering all that, and I get your point about the team being worse. Goalkeeping mistakes are amplified when they cost the game - as they have been more this season. I still reckon he's looked alot more shaky recently. Perhaps his head still isn't in the best place after the loss of his dad, which is understandable. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Fiona Southworth said:

Great report Dave sums it up brilliantly. I strongly dislike Fernandez know it is spelt wrong couldn’t care but I love Nat even more. If only Klopp had played him in some games firmly believe we would be second . 

The evidence is building that the Hendo / Fabinho in defence strategy was a massive mistake.

• Upvote 1

I (rightly)stopped watching any and all Man Utd games in 2015, but my curiosity over the largest match thread in forum history got the better of me, so I watched a 20 minute highlight package.

Let me tell you a couple of 3 things:

1) Trent is a beautiful footballer. I almost feel cheated that he plays for us, as my level of anxiety means I can never sit back, enjoy and just watch him play. If he played in Italy, or 5 a side, or a non-English country, I would always put time aside to watch him do his thing.

2) Phillips jinking run and assist for Jota's goal is why VVD swerved the Euro's; the chance to play alongside a real player doesn't come along very often.

3) I massively take issue with the idea that those of us who supported Man Utd fans protest 10 days ago want to walk arm in arms with them. We do not. They are cunts. That is a well documented fact. Some of us simply thought using their media friendliness, clout and aggressive tactics was a hell of a vanguard. The same way Churchill and Roosevelt got in bed with Stalin, then turned on him when there was another prize available and a big foe had been defeated.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Some of us simply thought using their media friendliness, clout and aggressive tactics was a hell of a vanguard. The same way Churchill and Roosevelt got in bed with Stalin, then turned on him when there was another prize available and a big foe had been defeated.

Yeah whatever. Penno or not? Durrrr. 

4 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Yeah whatever. Penno or not? Durrrr. 

The Bailey tackle was not a penalty, in my view.

The handball when Bobby tried to square it to Jota was a stonewall penalty, though.

• Upvote 2

Am I missing something here? This rule about not flagging offsides when they look marginal...... how come it doesn’t apply when we’re attacking (see photos from our last two matches, both flagged immediately for offside)? Contrast that with Kane last week, 4 yards offside, allowed to play on , and going into a dangerous tackle with the goalie.

C5791179-B4E7-4F5C-BDCC-68AAD7E22C9A.jpeg

9CE51C46-7CC2-414B-878D-01E9A40E1C2D.jpeg

On 14/05/2021 at 20:54, m0e said:

BVJumdb.gif

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Butch said:

BVJumdb.gif

That's the one. I was in the main stand and had a perfect view of it.

On 14/05/2021 at 11:28, KMD7 said:

If we somehow finish in the top 4 I'm picking Big Nat as my player of the season. Love the lad. 

He's my player of the season wherever we finish.

• Upvote 1

So, when do we find out what United’s punishment from the FA is for failing to host the original match? And how much they’re going to reimburse us for costs incurred?

56 minutes ago, DaveT said:

So, when do we find out what United’s punishment from the FA is for failing to host the original match? And how much they’re going to reimburse us for costs incurred?

It's utd, already swept under the carpet.