You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United 2 Liverpool 4 (May 13 2021)

tlw content

17 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I recall the Cruyff he tried against Leicester (he was also fouled there and the goal shouldn't have stood) but I can't remember him being so shit with the ball at his feet that he literally passes the ball to opponents directly in front of the goal.

So, because he was fouled, what he did was OK?

He nearly got caught out a week earlier, and a few more times before that too.

He also dinked a through ball over a Brighton player at Anfield, which was outrageous skill but shockingly risky.

34 minutes ago, m0e said:

He also dinked a through ball over a Brighton player at Anfield, which was outrageous skill but shockingly risky.

Nope, it wasn't OK. He took a stupid risk and was caught out. Was still a foul though. Fair play to you for remembering all that, and I get your point about the team being worse. Goalkeeping mistakes are amplified when they cost the game - as they have been more this season. I still reckon he's looked alot more shaky recently. Perhaps his head still isn't in the best place after the loss of his dad, which is understandable. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Fiona Southworth said:

Great report Dave sums it up brilliantly. I strongly dislike Fernandez know it is spelt wrong couldn’t care but I love Nat even more. If only Klopp had played him in some games firmly believe we would be second . 

The evidence is building that the Hendo / Fabinho in defence strategy was a massive mistake.

• Upvote 1

I (rightly)stopped watching any and all Man Utd games in 2015, but my curiosity over the largest match thread in forum history got the better of me, so I watched a 20 minute highlight package.

Let me tell you a couple of 3 things:

1) Trent is a beautiful footballer. I almost feel cheated that he plays for us, as my level of anxiety means I can never sit back, enjoy and just watch him play. If he played in Italy, or 5 a side, or a non-English country, I would always put time aside to watch him do his thing.

2) Phillips jinking run and assist for Jota's goal is why VVD swerved the Euro's; the chance to play alongside a real player doesn't come along very often.

3) I massively take issue with the idea that those of us who supported Man Utd fans protest 10 days ago want to walk arm in arms with them. We do not. They are cunts. That is a well documented fact. Some of us simply thought using their media friendliness, clout and aggressive tactics was a hell of a vanguard. The same way Churchill and Roosevelt got in bed with Stalin, then turned on him when there was another prize available and a big foe had been defeated.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Some of us simply thought using their media friendliness, clout and aggressive tactics was a hell of a vanguard. The same way Churchill and Roosevelt got in bed with Stalin, then turned on him when there was another prize available and a big foe had been defeated.

Yeah whatever. Penno or not? Durrrr. 

Am I missing something here? This rule about not flagging offsides when they look marginal...... how come it doesn’t apply when we’re attacking (see photos from our last two matches, both flagged immediately for offside)? Contrast that with Kane last week, 4 yards offside, allowed to play on , and going into a dangerous tackle with the goalie.

C5791179-B4E7-4F5C-BDCC-68AAD7E22C9A.jpeg

9CE51C46-7CC2-414B-878D-01E9A40E1C2D.jpeg

On 14/05/2021 at 20:54, m0e said:

BVJumdb.gif

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, DaveT said:

So, when do we find out what United’s punishment from the FA is for failing to host the original match? And how much they’re going to reimburse us for costs incurred?

It's utd, already swept under the carpet.