You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United 2 Liverpool 4 (May 13 2021)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Well that was an unexpected bonus. I expected us to get nothing from this game but this was a big boy performance. Full of quality character and - for once - goals.

It started horribly, which was exactly what I expected. With all the crap in the build up, talk of the team coach being held up and tyres let down (turns out it was a decoy coach and the real one entered the stadium with no problems!), I just had visions of falling behind inside the first ten minutes and never recovering from it. So what we saw early on was entirely what I was fearing. 

We’d started quite brightly with the ball but United were finding too much space when they had it. Still, I was thinking we were doing well until Alisson’s latest brain fart. I’m getting so fucking sick of him just passing the ball to the opposition when he’s under no pressure. It’s needless and it’s something he should be able to easily cut out, yet he’s doing it all the fucking time.

He got away with it big time in the last game and he got away with again here because Cavani didn’t hit the target after Alisson passed it straight to him in the middle of the goal. There’s just no need. It isn’t about ability, it’s entirely about being sloppy as fuck. Just concentrate for fucks sake, because we can’t afford any mistakes like that right now.

Anyway, we got away with it but it seemed to unsettle us and gave United encouragement. We were ragged without the ball, which Klopp later explained was due to United’s tactics of doubling up in wide areas and outnumbering us. He said once we solved that we were fine. Can’t argue with that, because after that opening 15-20 minutes we were by far the better side and dominated most of the game.

Unfortunately by the time we solved the problem we were already a goal down. It was an own goal by Phillips but mercifully for him it goes down as a Fernandez goal. To be honest, I’d rather it was credited to Nat, if only to take a goal away from that rat faced, screaming little fucking worm.

This is just a teaser, click here to view full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Rat faced screaming little worm sums him up nicely Dave. If Taylor and Pogba had not been eager to get him attention so quickly, we would not have been awarded the free kick. Fuck him the snivelling cheat. 

• Upvote 1

Great report Dave although you're far too kind on Taylor. Not booking McTominey for that rugby tackle on Mane was a disgrace. Taylor's right behind him and if he cant see that's another foul and card then the cunt needs to get down to specsavers.

If any of our players had of hauled down a united one like that, they'd have been booked no danger and if it was in our box, a pen.

I know we rant and rave about Taylor but he is a fucking cheat. I thought he gave them free kicks all over the park last night but was selective about what he gave us.

Ref's need to clamp down on that squealing cunt fernades as well. Everyone knows a player only sticks his hand up like that if he's broken his leg not because you got a tap on the ankle.

Im glad we played on and didnt put the ball out but you wonder if there'd be 70 thousand rabid mancs in the ground screaming whether taylor would have succumbed.

• Upvote 4

Let us not forget the same when Cavani had just been booked. Seconds late a deliberate hand ball, to set up a shot and no booking again. 

Every game, every time an opponent player flops down, free kick. It needs to be called out. 

First half, Fred and Mo are chasing a ball towards the touchline. Mo stops completely and holds his hands up, second later Fred goes down and free kick given. 

The final thing is my thoughts on the penalty. Whilst I agree it should not be given, it is the inconsistent bollocks again. Look at the penalty against us at Brighton, or more relevantly Fab at home against, I can't remember, wins the ball, just like last night, his follow through brings the player down but not dangerously, just like last night. Penalty given and confirmed by VAR, unlike last night. 

If the refs/VAR are changing the rules every week how are people meant to know what is going on ? Or is it just rule changes against us ? 

• Upvote 5

Just watched MOTD, they said during commentary that Fernandez hurts himself when he landed. So what the fuck was he and other complaining about ? An ankle injury, with no contact from anyone, so obviously the game should be stopped!!

Maybe if he didn't go to ground screaming everytime someone looked at him the ref would have stopped the game. The twat who cried rat.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with you regarding the Bailly hands early in the match. It’s double annoying when ManU gets a free kick in a very dangerous position later in the match when a shot hits Thiago's arm.

The Pen VAR overruled? If not in the area a free kick is given for the reckless tackle, hitting the ball or not. It's a pen in my view. As explained by Souness not a pen back in his days but with the rules today, it's a pen.

Also, Nat isn't just over performing. IMO he's just a much better player than people realize. He reads the game really well and his positioning is second to none.

• Upvote 3

Great report, Dave. For once, one that didn't write itself as a copy of WBA/Fulham/Leeds etc.

I thought Jota looked very sharp and helped create the space for the others.  Trent's forward play and passing was outstanding and the centre backs stuck to the task all game.

Questions:

When was the last game all 3 forwards netted? Palace away?

Why no mention of Pogba's haircut?

When did Mark Chapman turn into a Klopp tribute act?

• Upvote 1

Good shout on that handball early in the game Dave. That was a stonewall penalty. I just thought (as I'm sure we all did), here we fucking go again.

Anyway, great performance, great result. Fuck those snivelling cheating shitbags.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stephen Adams. said:

Qualification is still out of our hands.

Assuming we manage to get all 9 remaining points, which is a big if based on 2021, we could still end up relying on City winning the CL final.

Nope. If we get 4th, Chelsea get 5th and Chelsea win the champions league, England will have 5 teams in the CL next season, including us. 

Rashford didn't score. It was a Robbo OG. Robbo's knee actually.  

Two pens. Easy.

Bailly handball not even a question. Instant penno.

Bailly tackle a slight question, but there are two decisive issues for me: 

1. If it's us making that tackle it's a stonewall penno.

2. It's a penno.

Indisputable McTominay red card. 

United are shite. Seeing that team in P2 only goes to show how lamentable everyone else is and how the refereeing has favoured them. The latter has to account for at least of 12 of their points this season.

• Like 1

Two stonewall penalties for me. The handball isn't even worth further discussion. The Bailly tackle on Big Nat is, as others have said, a clear foul (and probably yellow) anywhere else on the pitch. The rules state -  'A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force............Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge' 

Bailly's studs ended up high on Nat's shin - it's irrelevant how much contact there is. On our tv channel commentary, Gary Gillespie, who's usually very balanced, described ithe decision as 'unbelievable'.

And Anthony Taylor failing to send off a Manchester player in a game against Liverpool? Deja vu all over again.

There's a wider question here about interpretation of the rules. Whilst they're trying to determine offsides down to the millimetre (using technology clearly not capable of doing that) so many other areas are subjective - and are applied with massive inconsistency. For example, When is contact on follow-through deemed a foul and when is it acceptable? We've seen plenty of examples of both - but what guidelines are the refs working to, on this and other situations? And why the fuck won't they just come out and tell us, as we're indirectly paying their wages. There's always going to be subjectivity, but maybe they're afraid that if we knew what guidelines they're working to, it might be easier for us to distinguish between human inconsistency and blatant bias?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Seriously need to start looking at what is going on with our goalkeeping coaching. Keepers join us then get progressively worse. I know Klopp seems to rate Achterberg, but questions do need to be asked as Allison is starting to have too many of these moments.

You want to go back and watch his first 20 games for us, then.

The shenanigans he tried pulling were a joke.

He's much better than he was.

We're just much worse.

16 minutes ago, m0e said:

You want to go back and watch his first 20 games for us, then.

The shenanigans he tried pulling were a joke.

He's much better than he was.

We're just much worse.

I recall the Cruyff he tried against Leicester (he was also fouled there and the goal shouldn't have stood) but I can't remember him being so shit with the ball at his feet that he literally passes the ball to opponents directly in front of the goal.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic