You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom (A) - Sunday 16th May, 4:30pm

Trumo

Our last game at the Hawthorns ended in a 2-2 draw towards the end of the 2017/18 season. Klopp had wrung the changes and started with Ings up front, and the future Southampton man got the opener. Mo came on as a second half sub and found the net again, which he'd been doing to stellar effect in his debut season for us. No-one expect him to put up Messi/Ronaldo numbers and yet that is what he'd been doing. Our most celebrated centre forwards of the PL era (Fowler, Owen, Torres and Suarez) hadn't done anything like hitting over 40 goals in a season. The Uruguayan would manage it (and then some) for Barcelona in 2016, but even an established goalscorer like Owen never once managed to hit 20 goals in the league in any season. The West Brom game itself ended up as a draw because we took our foot off the gas, lost concentration and failed to deal with West Brom's late aerial bombardment.

The first time we played them there was back in April 2003. In the league we were in a similar situation to our current predicament, scrambling for a top 4 spot having led the way earlier in the season. West Brom would go down at the end of that season too, and we'd end up shitting the bed at home to Man City and away to Chelsea on the final day. The Rent Boys were up shit creak financially so the CL spot gave them a bit of a reprieve. A wealthy Russian clapping seal bailed them right out of a hole, thus beginning the foreign wealth-injection into the English game. Back to the West Brom game, and we webbed them 6-0. Owen got 4 and Baros got the other two. Curiously, that season also began with defeat to Arsenal in the Charity Shield!

Room 5 along with Oliver Cheetham topped the charts with the disco-influenced 'Make Luv'. It got added airplay after featuring in a Lynx advert. It's not a bad song actually, and it evokes memories of Daft Punk's pre-'Discovery' disco-influenced output. It spent 4 weeks at the top, knocking off some Gareth Gates shite before getting knocked off by some Busted shite.

The West Brom game at Anfield post-Christmas seems to have been the start of our malaise. We did more or less the right things in the first half, taking a 1-0 lead into the reak, but the players never got going in the second half, and duly shipped an equaliser. It was a game reminicent of so many games against teams managed by Bisto Boy, with our thick media and pundits hailing such things as a masterclass. Allardyce himself doesn't take long to go on Talk Radio and big himself up any time his teams doesn't get webbed all over the gaff.

They are now relegated and have nothing to play for. We still have a glimmer. We might rest one or two but we need to play this one with a bit of intensity and creativity. Do that, and we can hand out the beating Allardyce deserves. Be ruthless, be clinical, and just get it done.

• Upvote 2

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we fail to beat West Brom on Sunday, Chelsea and Leicester can more or less tacitly agree to play out a draw in midweek. We’d have negated it’s significance and made it as good as a dead rubber.

It would be entirely in keeping with this whole season if we do so. Come on lads, buck the trend.

And make these backward, sister-shagging cunts cry.

Oh there’s still something to play for.
default_avatar.png
Dumbo Offline 
Cyprus.
Threads: 261
3 hours ago
Beat Liverpool and they miss out on Champions League.

In the words of old Kev.....‘I would love it if we beat these...’

avatar_85.jpg?dateline=1598608625
baggiebloke Offline 
Sanctimonious asshat
Threads: 1,177
2 hours ago
Absolutely.

I hope everyone refuses Klopp's hand post match too.

default_avatar.png
Fido Offline 
Posting Freak
Threads: 65
2 hours ago
(2 hours ago)baggiebloke Wrote:  Absolutely.

What was that about, by the way? Saw that someone seemed to do that last after the final whistle.

baggiebloke Offline 
Sanctimonious asshat
2 hours ago
(2 hours ago)Fido Wrote:  

What was that about, by the way? Saw that someone seemed to do that last after the final whistle.

Not sure.

Kilppety was fist bumping and shaking hands of the Manure players and he went to do same to Mane who refused him and muttered something.

After his team put 4 past their rivals away!

default_avatar.png
ElbowGrease1973 Offline 
Freak who's Posting
Threads: 3
2 hours ago

I'm sure if we manage to deny them a victory, he'll make some derogatory comment about the points being meaningless for us. Big twat.

That said, he had my sympathy over the Super League fiasco, as he was somewhat thrown under the bus by his owners.

default_avatar.png
Spandaubaggie Offline 
Posting Freak
Threads: 329
1 hour ago
I really don't mind Klopp at all. He's a lively character, who has added to the Prem, and no more one-eyed than most managers. All said and done though I want the little victory of finishing 18th so want the points off whoever.

default_avatar.png
DJPunkRoc Online 
Threads: 23
1 hour ago
Same. In a sea full of arseholes, he is far from the stinkiest fish

default_avatar.png
hudds Online 
Posting Freak
Threads: 53
1 hour ago
(1 hour ago)DJPunkRoc Wrote:  Same.  In a sea full of arseholes, he is far from the stinkiest fish

He is, nevertheless, an anchovy's arsehole.

avatar_148.jpg?dateline=1601546646
Sliced Offline 
Posting Freak
Threads: 188
30 minutes ago
Who's more of an arsehole in the Prem? Dean Smith comes to mind......other than that no one else is even close

On 14/05/2021 at 12:44, Anubis said:

And make these backward, sister-shagging cunts cry.

Oh there’s still something to play for.
default_avatar.png
Dumbo Offline 
Cyprus.
Threads: 261
3 hours ago
Beat Liverpool and they miss out on Champions League.

In the words of old Kev.....‘I would love it if we beat these...’

baggiebloke Offline 
Sanctimonious asshat
2 hours ago
Absolutely.

default_avatar.png
Fido Offline 
Posting Freak
Threads: 65
2 hours ago

baggiebloke Offline 
Sanctimonious asshat
2 hours ago
(2 hours ago)Fido Wrote:  

Not sure.

Kilppety was fist bumping and shaking hands of the Manure players and he went to do same to Mane who refused him and muttered something.

After his team put 4 past their rivals away!

default_avatar.png
ElbowGrease1973 Offline 
Freak who's Posting
Threads: 3
2 hours ago

I'm sure if we manage to deny them a victory, he'll make some derogatory comment about the points being meaningless for us. Big twat.

That said, he had my sympathy over the Super League fiasco, as he was somewhat thrown under the bus by his owners.

default_avatar.png
Spandaubaggie Offline 
Posting Freak
Threads: 329
1 hour ago
I really don't mind Klopp at all. He's a lively character, who has added to the Prem, and no more one-eyed than most managers. All said and done though I want the little victory of finishing 18th so want the points off whoever.

default_avatar.png
DJPunkRoc Online 
Threads: 23
1 hour ago
Same. In a sea full of arseholes, he is far from the stinkiest fish

default_avatar.png
hudds Online 
Posting Freak
Threads: 53
1 hour ago
(1 hour ago)DJPunkRoc Wrote:  Same.  In a sea full of arseholes, he is far from the stinkiest fish

He is, nevertheless, an anchovy's arsehole.

avatar_148.jpg?dateline=1601546646
Sliced Offline 
Posting Freak
Threads: 188
30 minutes ago
Who's more of an arsehole in the Prem? Dean Smith comes to mind......other than that no one else is even close

Fans of the team managed by Fat Sham struggling to think of a manager who's an arsehole?

They'll be missed.

The most racist fans I've ever met. I used to know a few through work and went to the Hawthorns a couple of times. Every other word during the game was N*gger even at their own players. It was back in the 90's but even so was I genuinely shocked. Atkinson probably fitted like a glove at the club.  

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

The most racist fans I've ever met. I used to know a few through work and went to the Hawthorns a couple of times. Every other word during the game was N*gger even at their own players. It was back in the 90's but even so was I genuinely shocked. Atkinson probably fitted like a glove at the club.  

That is staggering given their history with black players and the standing 3 of them in particular have at that club.