Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLW

Wright: United are a much more attractive proposition than Liverpool right now

Recommended Posts

I dont think the team needs major surgery. This season has been a total nightmare, we have to hope we'll never see the like again. 

 

We are never going to be able to compete with City, Chelsea and to a degree Utd on transfer spend, but most importantly wages. City & Chelsea could both put two 1st 11's into the league and all 4 would have a fair chance of finishing top 6. They have built up squads of £40 million + players, and pay them all top dollar too. No one else can do that.

 

This year aside, I think we've done as well as can be expected in the market with our level of ownership/funding. I personally don't want the club to be owned by unlimited money countries/drug dealers. We just have to hope that one day it's properly regulated, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I agree with Wright.  Klopp's playing with the cards stacked against him.  Can he do it again?  

Yep. Because it isn't based on magic, or some intangible quality - it is based on being very good at buying players, very good at managing them players, and turning them into very good players. We stepped up when City reached 101 points - I think we can manage it when they get to about 85. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see his point but be managed by Jurgen Klopp or Ole Gunnar Jamjar??? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Chelsea have 32 players out on loan. 32!

Aye, this is a form of cheating - and I am surprised nobody has stopped it. 

 

Chelsea have history of loading the bottom six teams with their own players - who all play against the top teams and are not available against Chelsea. Often then players are the best players at these teams as well - so they are basically strengthening teams against others, but weakening them against themselves. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Aye, this is a form of cheating - and I am surprised nobody has stopped it. 

 

Chelsea have history of loading the bottom six teams with their own players - who all play against the top teams and are not available against Chelsea. Often then players are the best players at these teams as well - so they are basically strengthening teams against others, but weakening them against themselves. 

Are you though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you win the CL and then the League Title it makes sense to capitalize on this position and sign the best. Criminally we didn't, we haven't, we don't and we won't. So we are now back to being 2nd best and no longer setting the standard. Fuck you FSG and fuck you John Henry you tight twat. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get wanting the age of the squad brought down. But to be realistic the pandemic come at the worst possible time. I think the plan was to be shifting one of the front three this summer for a younger player. But none of Real, Barca etc will have the money to make a move

 

I can get why Klopp is confident if he has to keep this side together, if we do miss out this year then the pressure will be massive next year to get back into the champions league. You can miss the odd year but more than that takes a massive toll in all aspects. If a good offer come in I can see them taking it and looking at a younger option still. 

 

Need to be realistic with fees and move on the squad players. Honestly I'd be happy to move on from Ox and Keita too but reckon both will be back unless too good a offer comes in or they ask to move on. 

 

Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson, Taiwo all need moved on. 

 

The issue that will hold us back next year is the ACON Amd playing a month without Salah and Mane and you can guarantee the 'random' fixture calendar will give us games with City, Utd and Chelsea at that point. I can't see us winning the league next year unless we buy a proper option to come in up top to join Jota, Bobby and Elliot. 

 

That young lad from PSV would make some sense, I still think Depay on a free makes sense. Fuck I'd nab Aguero in a heartbeat but doubt he would make the switch. Even a Cavani type older player that can be a back up and come in for a few games over that period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ok brains, how does Jurgen fix this moving forward? Ox? Shaqiri? Jones? Tsmikas? Minamino? Origi? Davies? Who?

 

He has no options. He's tried switching things around this season but can't either rely on them to perform, doesn't trust them or doesn't want them or they don't fit his system.

 

He has no flexibility available to him. It was all sunshine and roses when his first 12-14 are fit and roaring and available week to week, but take one or two of those away and the engine splutters.

 

You mention some players - Konate doesn't even play for the club yet, id say the jury is out on Kabak, Elliot has hardly played first team footy, Jota has been impressive but gone off the boil, there could be questions on whether or not he's an actual starter. You can evolve your team but you do it over years, building and having a capable squad than can be rotated without loss of performance. You don't do it in one fell swoop, and the club really haven't applied that strategy. 

You were very probably one of the whiney cunts slagging the club for not spending mega money two pre-seasons ago , just before pissing the league as European champions . All you do us fucking moan into your permanently half empty glass . 

Wind your fucking neck in and stop crying 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the likely players that will still be here next season - not including purchases or those most likely to leave - Gini, Shaq, Origi, Minamino.

 

Age at 31 Dec 21. 

Allison 29 - no issue
Trent 22 - no issue
Gomez 24 - age no issue, injury?
Virgil 30 - getting older but not an immediate issue. Injury?
Robertson 27 - no issue
Fabinho 28 - no issue
Henderson 31 - getting older but not an immediate issue
Thiago 30 - getting older but not an immediate issue
Salah 29 - not an immediate issue
Firmino 30 - getting older and may be slowing
Mané 29 - not an immediate issue

 

Kelleher 23 - no issue
Milner 35 - great to have but cannot be relied upon long-term, unfortunately
Matip 30 - injuries the issue not age
Phillips 24 - pace the only issue
Tsimikas 25 - Age no issue. Ability?
Keita 26 - Form & injuries the issues
Jones 20 - no issue
Ox 28 - Form & injuries the issues
Elliot 18 - youth, the only issue
Jota 25 - no issue

 

The main issues with age seem to be:
1. The front 3 getting older together. I think we will bring another younger forward in this summer along with Elliot and Jota. This brings down the age profile hugely.
2. The midfield seems to be getting older and with energy the main object then a younger replacement for Wijnaldum (with Keita or Ox) and more games for Jones would offset this.
3. The injury profile of the defenders is more of an issue than age. It looks as if we may be getting a buffer of both Kabak and Konate to assess which also brings the age profile way down.

 

In short, we can virtually resolve the age issue if we buy the 2 CBs, a RB, an early 20s MF and a younger forward

This may not all be completed this summer, depending on funds and sales, but does not seem that drastic and reduces the squad average age to 26.

 

I presume Klopp and Edwards aren't panicking. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Looking at the likely players that will still be here next season - not including purchases or those most likely to leave - Gini, Shaq, Origi, Minamino.

 

Age at 31 Dec 21. 

Allison 29 - no issue
Trent 22 - no issue
Gomez 24 - age no issue, injury?
Virgil 30 - getting older but not an immediate issue. Injury?
Robertson 27 - no issue
Fabinho 28 - no issue
Henderson 31 - getting older but not an immediate issue
Thiago 30 - getting older but not an immediate issue
Salah 29 - not an immediate issue
Firmino 30 - getting older and may be slowing
Mané 29 - not an immediate issue

 

Kelleher 23 - no issue
Milner 35 - great to have but cannot be relied upon long-term, unfortunately
Matip 30 - injuries the issue not age
Phillips 24 - pace the only issue
Tsimikas 25 - Age no issue. Ability?
Keita 26 - Form & injuries the issues
Jones 20 - no issue
Ox 28 - Form & injuries the issues
Elliot 18 - youth, the only issue
Jota 25 - no issue

 

The main issues with age seem to be:
1. The front 3 getting older together. I think we will bring another younger forward in this summer along with Elliot and Jota. This brings down the age profile hugely.
2. The midfield seems to be getting older and with energy the main object then a younger replacement for Wijnaldum (with Keita or Ox) and more games for Jones would offset this.
3. The injury profile of the defenders is more of an issue than age. It looks as if we may be getting a buffer of both Kabak and Konate to assess which also brings the age profile way down.

 

In short, we can virtually resolve the age issue if we buy the 2 CBs, a RB, an early 20s MF and a younger forward

This may not all be completed this summer, depending on funds and sales, but does not seem that drastic and reduces the squad average age to 26.

 

I presume Klopp and Edwards aren't panicking. 

Oh, and United are nowhere near winning things. They may finish 7 points ahead of us this year in what has been a disaster for us.

Their attackers will get them goals and out of trouble in games but it wasn't just last night that proved:

They are 1 (try 3) CB injury from calamity defending.

All (Fred McTominay Pogba Matic) of their CMs are a level below title winning level 

Both of their GKs are below that level

 

They have been virtually injury free this season and were still knocked out if the CL in the group stages, will finish on 76 points max, were well beaten by Leicester in the FA cup and by City in the league Cup. 

They may break the bank and buy a GK, CB, 2 CMs, but are probably more likely to pay 100m on another forward. I don't think they are our competition next season and buying Yves Bissouma won't change that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Oh, and United are nowhere near winning things. They may finish 7 points ahead of us this year in what has been a disaster for us.

Their attackers will get them goals and out of trouble in games but it wasn't just last night that proved:

They are 1 (try 3) CB injury from calamity defending.

All (Fred McTominay Pogba Matic) of their CMs are a level below title winning level 

Both of their GKs are below that level

 

They have been virtually injury free this season and were still knocked out if the CL in the group stages, will finish on 76 points max, were well beaten by Leicester in the FA cup and by City in the league Cup. 

They may break the bank and buy a GK, CB, 2 CMs, but are probably more likely to pay 100m on another forward. I don't think they are our competition next season and buying Yves Bissouma won't change that. 

 

DeGea is an excellent first choice and the back up is decent enough but United's defence is shite,including Helium Head,and their midfield not a whole lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Looking at the likely players that will still be here next season - not including purchases or those most likely to leave - Gini, Shaq, Origi, Minamino.

 

Age at 31 Dec 21. 

Allison 29 - no issue
Trent 22 - no issue
Gomez 24 - age no issue, injury?
Virgil 30 - getting older but not an immediate issue. Injury?
Robertson 27 - no issue
Fabinho 28 - no issue
Henderson 31 - getting older but not an immediate issue
Thiago 30 - getting older but not an immediate issue
Salah 29 - not an immediate issue
Firmino 30 - getting older and may be slowing
Mané 29 - not an immediate issue

 

Kelleher 23 - no issue
Milner 35 - great to have but cannot be relied upon long-term, unfortunately
Matip 30 - injuries the issue not age
Phillips 24 - pace the only issue
Tsimikas 25 - Age no issue. Ability?
Keita 26 - Form & injuries the issues
Jones 20 - no issue
Ox 28 - Form & injuries the issues
Elliot 18 - youth, the only issue
Jota 25 - no issue

 

The main issues with age seem to be:
1. The front 3 getting older together. I think we will bring another younger forward in this summer along with Elliot and Jota. This brings down the age profile hugely.
2. The midfield seems to be getting older and with energy the main object then a younger replacement for Wijnaldum (with Keita or Ox) and more games for Jones would offset this.
3. The injury profile of the defenders is more of an issue than age. It looks as if we may be getting a buffer of both Kabak and Konate to assess which also brings the age profile way down.

 

In short, we can virtually resolve the age issue if we buy the 2 CBs, a RB, an early 20s MF and a younger forward

This may not all be completed this summer, depending on funds and sales, but does not seem that drastic and reduces the squad average age to 26.

 

I presume Klopp and Edwards aren't panicking. 

Yeah. A decent young player would see a clear path to a regular first-team spot in a successful team within the next couple of years. That seems attractive to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

The biggest help the mancs have had this season is not having to play in front of their fans. The most entitled fanbase in the history of the game.

Very true , Pep  also spared when city were dogshit earlier in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly dont get it, people saying they want the average age of the team bringing down then say sign some arl cunt like cavani or suarez. They also go on about Nat, Neco, Rhys and maybe Curtis from time to time of not being good enough.

 

Yeah, the thought of signing all these 'world class' whippets who can keep up with the quickest strikers etc is appealling. But it's never been Jurgen's philosphy to sign 'world class' finished talent. People have to square that circle when just piling the criticism on about the squad and who we sign.

 

Once again, last night showed up solskjaer tactical naivety. He had no answer once we sorted ourselves out and just stood on the touchline looking the total, clueless gimp that he is.

 

If Wrighty still thinks united is a better place to be than Liverpool then he really is Mr Magoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×