You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Lawler

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Hendo being the Captain and man he is would probably cover it himself and never crack on about it.

I thought this straight away. Hendo has been right behind all the stuff the current players have done for the NHS staff and Community in general so I'd be surprised if him and the players didnt chuck in a good few quid. Even Jurgen is that type of fella.

42 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

£20 sent - wish I could afford more. 

He was my nan's favourite player. I had game like this when I was little, and she told me all the player's names - Alec Lindsay was good, but Chris Lawler was brilliant, "such a nice young man". Showing my age, now.

Football Vintage 1960's Casdon Soccer Game As Played By Bobby Charlton  Table Top Game Complete In The Original Box: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Despite Everton's dominance in the 1970s, the makers decided to go with League Champions, and European Cup runners up Leeds as the opposition team. Weird.

I had that too! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It just occurred to me the other day that Graeme Sounness probably gets paid more for sitting in a comfy studio talking about football than he used to for putting everything on the line as a player. It's fucking nuts.

When he left us for Sampdoria his wages went from £300 a week to £440 or something mad like that. 

I read this morning that Jamie Carragher has paid for this. If that’s true then good on him. A lot of justified negativity around him at the moment so important to recognise a balance. 

I did read it by clicking a Daily Mail link about him and Fowler taking over Melwood and using it as a base for their merged academies. Although I feel dirty for clicking the link, hopefully this is a couple of good news stories. 

• 2 years later...