You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Lawler

34 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

We pay our back up keepers more in a week than it would cost to pay for this. 

For a league winner. One of the club's best ever fullbacks.

Urgh. The club should be paying for stuff like this without it even being a thing. 

I guess forking out 250K to the Scudamore farewell gift some time ago means the club can't afford to unfortunately.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Was once in the unique situation of being in a room where the two gentlest footballers of all time , Chris Lawler and Ian Callaghan , were both spitting feathers at the same time. 

At a mixed Sportsmans dinner with Cally , Lawler and Boersma for Liverpool and Joe Royle , John Bailey and Roger Kenyon for Everton. All pretty affable at first until Kenyon ( who came across as a prick ) started launching into Kevin Keegan saying he thought he was Billy Big Bollocks. Well it all went off with our three queuing up to say how nice Kevin was and Kenyon swearing away in the background. To be fair , Royle backed our lads up too.

Roger who? And that was his problem.

One of the all time great attacking full backs and the club should definitely be supporting him 

An example of how great he was , Gary Neville scored 5 league goals in 400 appearances in a team that dominated the league and the majority of their games 

Chris scored 41 in 403 games and not one was a pen .

Yet Rat Boy gets lauded as an all time great right back 

I read this morning that the club paid £150k for Jordan Williams to have career saving surgery over in the US. He played what, two or three games? I think it's great that the club looked after one of its Academy graduates like that because his current club couldn't afford it, but it does make you wonder why they wouldn't sort out a legend like Chris Lawler.

They should put 100k or so every year into a fund to be used to help former players in severe difficulties. Peanuts in the context of our turnover and from FSG's point of view excellent PR. Everyone's a winner. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, aws said:

They should put 100k or so every year into a fund to be used to help former players in severe difficulties. Peanuts in the context of our turnover and from FSG's point of view excellent PR. Everyone's a winner. 

Probably a tax write-off as well

47 minutes ago, Stickman said:

One of the all time great attacking full backs and the club should definitely be supporting him 

An example of how great he was , Gary Neville scored 5 league goals in 400 appearances in a team that dominated the league and the majority of their games 

Chris scored 41 in 403 games and not one was a pen .

Yet Rat Boy gets lauded as an all time great right back 

61 mate. 

Loads in Europe against great sides too. Ajax, Juventus, Celtic, Red Star Belgrade and had a legitimate one ruled out for nothing in the semi final against Inter Milan. 

Probably his most famous one was the last minute winner against Champions Everton at Anfield to make it 3-2 at the Kop end in 1970. 

8 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The more you think about this makes the FA and the clubs seem wanting.

It just occurred to me the other day that Graeme Sounness probably gets paid more for sitting in a comfy studio talking about football than he used to for putting everything on the line as a player. It's fucking nuts.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It just occurred to me the other day that Graeme Sounness probably gets paid more for sitting in a comfy studio talking about football than he used to for putting everything on the line as a player. It's fucking nuts.

He could chip in himself easily,and Carragher too. Both owe it to Chris Lawler and his generation for paving the way for them.

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Tenner sent, I wish it could be more.

Cheers, he will be so relieved if he gets this operation.

I did my knee ligaments in a few years ago and still get pains every now and again. I cant imagine what it's like to live with that amount of pain day in and day out. Must be exhausting too.

16 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Cheers, he will be so relieved if he gets this operation.

I did my knee ligaments in a few years ago and still get pains every now and again. I cant imagine what it's like to live with that amount of pain day in and day out. Must be exhausting too.

Pain is exhausting, constant pain more so. Hopefully he gets sorted out soon.

I just about remember Chris playing and my arl fella loved him.

A great man on and by all accounts off the pitch.

£20 sent - wish I could afford more. 

He was my nan's favourite player. I had game like this when I was little, and she told me all the player's names - Alec Lindsay was good, but Chris Lawler was brilliant, "such a nice young man". Showing my age, now.

Football Vintage 1960's Casdon Soccer Game As Played By Bobby Charlton  Table Top Game Complete In The Original Box: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Despite Everton's dominance in the 1970s, the makers decided to go with League Champions, and European Cup runners up Leeds as the opposition team. Weird.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, aws said:

I reckon they probably would if it was suggested to them. There's not really any good reason not to as it really is peanuts to them. It's the weekly salary of two squad players.

If they really did pay 150k for Jordan Williams' op then why wouldn't they do that? 

Maybe it's something SoS could bring up with them when they meet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Good luck Chris. Would be nice if the squad were told about this, I imagine it wouldn't take Hendo long to get a whip round to easily cover this. 

Hendo being the Captain and man he is would probably cover it himself and never crack on about it.