Sign in to follow this  
Gnasher

Mark Drakeford

1 minute ago, Welsh said:

Most people in Wales who dislike Drakeford are Tory wankers. I think he is class!

What's the score with Welsh Tories? Is it like a pro UK thing?

12 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Most people in Wales who dislike Drakeford are Tory wankers. I think he is class!

This is absolutely not true. I know lots of people who are far from Tory's that cannot stand the drippy politics-playing cunt! Me included

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Might have to add those that think their liberties are being infringed by wearing a mask if they go to the shop and the tories.

He talks like this (puts on Drakeford voice):  the virus has been very naughty and if it comes near Wales again it will be sent to bed early with no hot chocolate.  It's a very naughty virus.  

20 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

This is absolutely not true. I know lots of people who are far from Tory's that cannot stand the drippy politics-playing cunt! Me included

That's why I didn't say all people.

21 hours ago, TK-421 said:

He talks like this (puts on Drakeford voice):  the virus has been very naughty and if it comes near Wales again it will be sent to bed early with no hot chocolate.  It's a very naughty virus.  

I think he's a bit smarter than his demeanour projects.. ie this is how he talks to torys, with utter disdain,

"you've never been elected in this country and you're in the wilderness because its where you deserve to be" 

It'd be interesting to see him against Johnson.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"Most generous in the world" 

Takes big puff on spliff, puts on Liam Gallagher voice,  upsets Daily Mail readers,

"Fucking Ave It"

https://news.sky.com/story/basic-income-care-leavers-to-be-offered-1-600-a-month-for-two-years-under-wales-pilot-scheme-12543247

I have got a lot of time for Mr Drakeford, great idea, be interesting to see the outcome of the pilot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I have got a lot of time for Mr Drakeford, great idea, be interesting to see the outcome of the pilot.

Another brilliant idea, curveball politics. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

"Most generous in the world" 

Takes big puff on spliff, puts on Liam Gallagher voice,  upsets Daily Mail readers,

"Fucking Ave It"

https://news.sky.com/story/basic-income-care-leavers-to-be-offered-1-600-a-month-for-two-years-under-wales-pilot-scheme-12543247

I’ve not read up on this properly yet but I hope there is emotional/financial/mental health support being offered too. 

A genuinely promising step though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Are they still able to claim any benefits as well,if necessary? Or are they disqualified? 

Benefits aren't devolved like they are in Scotland. Yet whilst they're not able to offer benefits, they swerve around it with grants and extra subsidies. From September, every primary school age child will get free school meals, and then even in holidays they've ran SHEP for the last few years in many counties (it's under a new name now that i can't recall). Student finance for further education and student finance for higher education is much better, our nurses and NHS students still get bursaries. 

I love living in Wales, me.

And yes, Drakeford speaks like your grandad reading you a bedtime story, but he's on par with Thornbury when the vicious quips come out. Also like how Welsh Labour and Plaid working together are moving to wanting a more independent Wales. Welsh Labour and Labour are very different. 

2 hours ago, melons said:

Welsh Labour and Labour are very different. 

Welsh Labour act like Labour for starters.

• Upvote 1