You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 2-7 2021)

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Sunday May 2:

Well at least we didn’t lose. The game getting called off didn’t bother me too much as it was nice to not have to watch it, but we really should be awarded the points for that as it’s a fucking farce. They couldn’t fulfil the fixture because their fans invaded the stadium (or were allowed in by club staff, depending on which account you believe). Sorry, that’s a forfeit and we should be awarded the points. Anything else is unacceptable, but Sky aren’t going to have that and we all know they call the shots.

Bizarrely, I’ve seen a lot of “good on them” and “this goes beyond rivalry, we should stick together” type sentiments from Reds over this. I’ll simply say FUCK. THAT. 

How come these fucking scrotes are being hailed as some kind of noble warriors fighting for better rights for football fans across the nation? It’s mad, I don’t get it. Am I missing something here because I just don’t see it. They aren’t fighting for fans rights, they aren’t leading some movement against leveraged buyouts or demanding reform of the ‘fit and proper owners’ guidelines. 

They don’t give a fuck about leveraged buyouts other than the one the Glazers did. They don’t care about ‘fit and proper’ owners just as long as they have one. So spare me the ‘we need to stand together’ bullshit because when we were fighting Gillett and Hicks what were they doing? Waving American flags and chanting USA from the away end at Anfield, that’s what.

The Glazers have been there donkeys years and for most of that period the majority of their fans tolerated it because they were winning. They had a home game a couple of days ago so where was this protest then? Half of these cunts didn’t even know why they protesting. Some of the ones I saw interviewed were going on about the fucking Super League. Y’know, the Super League that isn’t happening.

There is no fucking way United fans did what they did today because the Glazers wanted to be part of a European Super League. Not a fucking chance. In fact, had the Super League idea gained traction and the Glazers had said they wanted no part of it, Old Trafford would have been filled with the very same mutants today kicking off about that. Look at the footage of it. Look at the faces of those inside that stadium. As if they are there because of the Super League. Come on!

They have every right to want the Glazers out because the Glazers pulled a Gillett & Hicks and bought the club with a loan that the club are now paying off. They’re paying a shitload of money every year just for the pleasure of being owned by the Glazers, so yeah you wouldn’t be happy about that. But….

gM2tyFJ.gif

It’s the world’s smallest violin playing just for the mancs and their ‘plight’.

The Glazers have taken a billion quid out of United apparently. Obviously you wouldn’t be happy about that as a fan but it’s not that straightforward. United’s revenues are up massively because of the marketing and sponsorship deals the Glazers have brought in and they would therefore argue that they’re entitled to take their cut. Their cut is wildly excessive but it hasn’t stopped them spending more money on players than ANY OTHER CLUB IN THE WORLD. 

You can go on all you want about how it’s about time fans stood up and said enough is enough and that change will only happen when drastic action is taken. Talk about fan solidarity all you like and tell us how we should back United fans in their fight against greedy owners. I can sort of see some logic in it (but not much) but my instinctive reaction is to once again channel my inner Mr Pink and say…

Uh7LeWM.gif

The Glazers have been there 16 years and - other than a hard core minority - United fans have had zero appetite for getting them out. You know why they are protesting now? Because City are winning loads and because we have a title and a CL in the last few years. It’s that simple.

The Glazers are doing nothing different now than they have done for 16 years. In fact, they're spending more than they ever have. The only thing that has changed is they aren’t winning titles now and have had to watch us and City hoovering up big prizes. That’s what today was about.

It wasn’t a ‘protest’ it was a fucking hissy fit because they aren’t top dogs anymore. Those who protested back in the beginning, fair play to them. The rest of these bandwagon dickheads can fuck off though. You know what most of these Man United fans want? They want their own Sheikh Mansour. They want to be bankrolled by someone who will massively outspend City. They might try and pretend otherwise, but that’s what most of those cunts on the pitch today want and if it happens they’d be insufferable in their gloating about their spending power.

I genuinely can’t get over the sympathy they are being given in some quarters. Newsflash: They are second in the league with the highest wage bill in the country and they’ve spent more than anyone else in the last few years. They broke the world transfer record to re-sign a player that had left them for nothing and they paid £80m for Harry fucking Maguire. In a few weeks time they’ll be playing in a European final and will no doubt spend big again this summer.

So fucking spare me this “the Glazers are ruining United” nonsense. I know full well what the Glazers are. I also know that these are first world problems that United fans are bitching about. They aren’t Newcastle. Or Blackburn. Or Sunderland. Or Portsmouth. Or Bolton. Or Bury. The absolute fucking gall of these entitled arrogant cunts making out they’re being so hard done to. 

They’ve spent over a billion quid on players in the last decade. You know what their problem is? They want to be able to spend TWO billion. Maybe all those supporting their protest and saying ‘good for them’ need to be careful what they wish for, because the Glazers are the only thing standing between United making Man City’s spending looking like FSG are controlling their purse strings. 

So I can’t stress this strongly enough. Fuck them. I’d rather set fire to my own face than back those cunts.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the week that was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Nailled it Dave and I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you in Tribal Valley. Any of our fans talking about solidarity with united fans need to give their heads a wobble. Have they not been to Anfield never mind old trafford when we play these cunts?

Always the victim

Murderers

Shankly 81

Feed the scousers

Build a bonfire

Sign on

Really? And they sing some of that shit when they arent even playing us. Fucking wake up. The enemy of my enemy is not your friend. They're fucking mancs. Simple as.

• Upvote 7

Spot on Dave, fuck the cunts. 

A mate of mine who usually knows his stuff reckons if City and United win both European comps then 5th in Prem gets in CL. Not that I want them to win it as I doubt we'd get 5th but does anyone know if its true?

25 minutes ago, DaveTucker said:

Spot on Dave, fuck the cunts. 

A mate of mine who usually knows his stuff reckons if City and United win both European comps then 5th in Prem gets in CL. Not that I want them to win it as I doubt we'd get 5th but does anyone know if its true?

5th doesnt, mate.

Excellent. Spot on about the Mancs. Simon Jordan nailed it about Gary Neville, too. The thing about Salford City is not only are they losing money but other ambitious League Two clubs will feel they have to spend more to compete with them and so there'll be another Bury and Macclesfield to add to the list. Perhaps next time Neville appears on the box he can explain the consultation processes used when he decided to change Salford's colours...

• Upvote 2

Yep It's been a crazy few weeks.I knew city have a huge PR machine behind them but I didn't realize united do too. You smash your way into your own stadium damage a camera, fire a flare at pundits, throw bottles and barricades at police badly injuring two of them, one of whom receives what's described a as live changing injury and you come out of that being hailed as the saviours of football. It's absolutely mental.  Also this line about city is brilliant and very true  “Hopefully there's enough medals left for the players after the lawyers have been given theirs."

Brilliant. The Voice of Reason. This should be required reading for all those in the media who have no idea how real footy fans are feeling, getting hysterical about the ESL when there are so many other things fundamentally wrong with football, which they constantly ignore..... City’s spending/cheating, refs, VAR, rip-off ticket and tv prices etc etc. 

• Upvote 1

There's steam rising off the screen as I'm reading that, and it's all Dave's. Most of us will not recall reading a weekly review as impassioned as that for a long time, if ever.

The line about the players getting medals only after the lawyers was particularly cutting, and apt.

All the anniversary stuff while we're so poor, doesn't do it for me, or make me feel any better, either. It's all a bit Bloo, really, except our reminiscence moments are far more recent than the ancient history they are dependant on. 

I'm glad I kept my counsel on the subject until now, because my instinctive reaction was indeed to say 'good for them'. This was primarily due to the fit of the vapours that went around about attacks on the police or property damage at Old Trafford, as if any effective protest ever limited itself to standing at a safe distance from their target waving a few placards. These 'concerns' reminded me of how the famously genial Scottish rugby commentator Bill McLaren viewed apartheid as "unacceptable", but - there had to be a 'but'

some of the actions adopted by those aiming to stop tours were despicable. Bette [Bill McLaren's wife] and I were referred to as 'racist scum' on our way down to Mansfield Park to see the South African Barbarians play in 1979 – a tour party comprising equal numbers of coloureds, blacks and whites. That, said the protesters, was just window dressing. When the Springboks last toured the UK, I was asked to provide commentary on their match against the Midland Counties (East) at Welford Road, Leicester. I remember having to walk the gauntlet up a narrow channel lined on each side by policemen holding back the mob. Those policemen were covered in spittle, had hats knocked off, were kicked in places where no man should be kicked, and yet took it all with stoic calm. I couldn't believe that people in the British Isles would behaved in that manner.... Constant noise outside the South Africans' hotels to try and prevent them sleeping was another unbelievable ploy that sickened decent people.

I'm going to stop you right there from saying "you're comparing those troglodytes on the OT pitch to anti-apartheid protestors?!" Let me finish. My initial response was to think that the powerful will utilise any excuse to discredit those who try to change things through direct action, and it was a case of here-we-go-again as that excuse was trotted as to why we couldn't take these protestors seriously. By the Monday though it was clear that we couldn't take these protestors seriously. They don't want to make the football world a better place in the way those anti-apartheid protestors wanted to make the world a better place. Saying they just want their own Sheikh Mansour to fund their sense of entitlement is exactly right. Fuck them.

• Upvote 1

Is "the well known fan media group" the Anfield Wrap by any chance? They've embarrassed themselves massively this week - all wanking each other off over their support for our Mancunian cousins. The only one to come out of it with any self respect was Rob Gutmann who sounded a bit perplexed by the party line. 

Anyone who doubts the hold United have over the media need only compare the Suarez/ Cavani 'racism' episodes. Liverpool fans were derided by journalists when they pointed out the linguistic and cultural differences that influenced Suarez's actions. Those same journalists, withou even blushing, used the exact same lines to defend Cavani and to argue that he shouldn't be punished. None of them pointed out that Cavani, a long-time intenational team-mate of Suarez should have known the perils of what he was doing.

I was chatting a few years back to an acquaintance who was a red hot United fan, with season tickets for him and his kids at Old Trafford. He gave them up when the Glazers took over and got behind FC United. He was scathing about Neville putting his money into a direct competitor at a time when FC were trying to resource the building of their stadium. Why didn't Neville put his money where his mouth is and support the anti-Glazer team?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Frank Dacey said:

Anyone who doubts the hold United have over the media need only compare the Suarez/ Cavani 'racism' episodes. Liverpool fans were derided by journalists when they pointed out the linguistic and cultural differences that influenced Suarez's actions. Those same journalists, withou even blushing, used the exact same lines to defend Cavani and to argue that he shouldn't be punished. None of them pointed out that Cavani, a long-time intenational team-mate of Suarez should have known the perils of what he was doing.

I was chatting a few years back to an acquaintance who was a red hot United fan, with season tickets for him and his kids at Old Trafford. He gave them up when the Glazers took over and got behind FC United. He was scathing about Neville putting his money into a direct competitor at a time when FC were trying to resource the building of their stadium. Why didn't Neville put his money where his mouth is and support the anti-Glazer team?

Because he's a twat who's in love with his own voice rather than give a shit about the club that made him a multi-millionaire. He's a hypocritical shit-stirring, Sky-loving, media-whoring cock-womble.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic