Sign in to follow this  
dockers_strike

Giro d'Italia 2021 edition

First of the 3 cycling classic starts today. Coverage on Eurosport from around 1pm. If you can get S4C, you can watch live without needing Eurosport. 1st stage isa 9 km time trial (urgh!) around Turin.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2021/05/08/giro-ditalia-2021-route-does-start-can-follow-stage-live-tv/

• Upvote 1

Day 2 starts after the first's day's time trial. Cant stand time trials, dont know why!

Stage 2 is 173km long, pretty flat except for a hilly mid section so maybe an idea stage for one of the sprinters to win?

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Day 4 and it's pissing it down in Italy again. Who'd have thought it?

Had this on a bit since your first post. Yeah, lashing down today. I’m a bit obsessed with Bianchi bikes after I saw a programme about cyclocross. 

• Upvote 1

Sadly there's been some spectacular crashes on the Giro this year. Another one today with a rider crashing into a rock, going arse over tit landing head first on the road and snapping the front forks clean off the bike!

Had to retire from the race and been taken to hossie on a stretcher wearing a neck brace!

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

I like the scenery of these Euro road trips.

There is some spectacular scenery especially when they are in the mountains or open countryside.

Oh and it's raining a bit on this stage as well with black clouds in the distance just waiting to unload!

Big crash at the start of today's stage! Race has been halted with a lot of riders not happy with the decision. Fucking amazing how some of these professional riders get caught up in this in the first kilometer of the stage.

8 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Really enjoying the Eurosport coverage. Had this on since you first posted. Missed the crash today. 

Yeah it's very good. One of the commentators with his over emphasised Italian pronunciation does my head in a little though.