You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barnes: Signing Luis Suarez could be a smart bit of business by Liverpool  

TLW

Boatload of golas. Few years still at the top in him.

This is FSG's blind spot - early to mid 30-s players who can contribute at the very top  - Suarez, Giroud, Marcelo are all on frees. Any of those will be as useful as Milner has been over the next couple years - he should be the example.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Boatload of golas. Few years still at the top in him.

This is FSG's blind spot - early to mid 30-s players who can contribute at the very top  - Suarez, Giroud, Marcelo are all on frees. Any of those will be as useful as Milner has been over the next couple years - he should be the example.

Marcelo would not. He is very much ready for the beach. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Marcelo would not. He is very much ready for the beach. 

He is ace - would be top pick in a Beach 5 a side.

Will say Milner brought something other than his on field contribution so maybe unfair. 

There is quality in players through their 30's and will be moreso through the next decade. All of these guys are in better shape than the players of 10 or 15 years ago.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is ace - would be top pick in a Beach 5 a side.

Will say Milner brought something other than his on field contribution so maybe unfair. 

There is quality in players through their 30's and will be moreso through the next decade. All of these guys are in better shape than the players of 10 or 15 years ago.

Yes, agreed. 

And much of it is attitude. Look at Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic. 

Although the Premier League is more intense I reckon most of the teams in the bottom half of the table would be better off with some of the strikers in their 30s from Spain or Italy than the run around a lot sorts in their 20s they currently have. 

9 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I stopped reading when it was suggested to be a idea. The grammar and vocabulary on this site is a ablution and really hurts its' credulity. 

an*

its*

*also, the use of ablution in this context is incorrect. 

34 minutes ago, Chris said:

As if the two years that CUNT spend dragging us through the mud wasn’t enough? We’ve yet to recover from the first time. 

Dragging us to a title challenge you mean? Sorry you bought into the propaganda. Thoughts about Cavani? 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Dragging us to a title challenge you mean? Sorry you bought into the propaganda. Thoughts about Cavani? 

Sorry you bought into that embarrassing “he meant little black friend”, “it’s part of his national dialect” propaganda. Couldn’t give a shit about Cavani to be honest. They can do what they want. I care about what affects us. 

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

Sorry you bought into that embarrassing “he meant little black friend”, “it’s part of his national dialect” propaganda. Couldn’t give a shit about Cavani to be honest. They can do what they want. I care about what affects us. 

So no view on Cavani? Awesome.

17 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Imagine Suarez sitting on the bench while Firmino's on the pitch trying and failing to trap a bag of cement.

At the very least I'd be wondering why there was a bag of cement on the pitch in the first place.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Iceman said:

No view on Cavani, another Uruguayan using the same word because it would force you to challenge your cultural limitations and do some research. 

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-term-negrito-offensive-in-Uruguay?share=1

I know what happened. I know of the arguments for its use in context and culture. I do not buy it in his case.

Cavani’s use doesn’t concern me because it’s not pertaining to, as I said, dragging Liverpool through the mud. I’m not interested in the whataboutery. And like it was only that incident that made a total tit of us anyway. 

If you want to keep going I can do this pointless shit all day. But it’s probably best we both leave it. Continue to demand the last word it you must. 

54 minutes ago, Chris said:

I know what happened. I know of the arguments for its use in context and culture. I do not buy it in his case.

Cavani’s use doesn’t concern me because it’s not pertaining to, as I said, dragging Liverpool through the mud. I’m not interested in the whataboutery. And like it was only that incident that made a total tit of us anyway. 

If you want to keep going I can do this pointless shit all day. But it’s probably best we both leave it. Continue to demand the last word it you must. 

Your argument is weak because you choose to ignore Cavani, another Uruguayan using exactly the same word because he's not a liverpool player. Personally I find it to be extremely relevant data and a perfect example of how we get treated totally differently. The recent manc riot protest is a great case in point.

I know how Uruguayans use the word and I'm presenting the other side of the argument. 

I am fine agreeing to disagree but don't try and shut down debate by trying to frame it as pointless and trying to say I am demanding the last word. It's a forum and there's no limit on the posts you can make. It's a place to engage in debate. 

• Upvote 2