You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What single event has summed up this car crash of a season?

Thinking back, that first Everton game is the most angry I've been at a football match in a long time, maybe ever. Absolutely fuming with the way that was refereed, kicking the shit out of anything wearing red, and then getting shafted by VAR at the end. 

Cunts

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's been mentioned before, but the rules changing halfway through the season after letting Man City have an offside goal. Absolute shit show.

Its not the first time nor will it be the last. Another 'relaxation' of the laws of the game was the season City lost at Stoke and conceded two penalties due to a cracking down on grappling and shirt pulling, from corners mainly. Both were correct refereeing decisions too. Anybody who dismisses corruption in top level football is an Ostrich head.

• Upvote 1

Jota playing and subsequently getting crocked in an absolute dead rubber of a game against Midtjylland. He was banging them in while the supply line from the usual suspects have dried up. Klopp brainfart or pressure from the higher ups to win and finish top of the group for higher prize money? Answers on a postcard please.

• Upvote 1

What sums this car crash of a season for me is that for long periods we’ve been without some of our best players - the best players in the world I’m their position some of them - and we’ve had some absolutely appalling VAR decisions, we’ve had no fans in, and we’ve not reinforced the squad in the way we need, yet we still finished third. We showed that even when everything transpired against us, we stood up and got the job done. It’s like walking away from a burning wreck writhing little more than a ripped t-shirt. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What sums this car crash of a season for me is that for long periods we’ve been without some of our best players - the best players in the world I’m their position some of them - and we’ve had some absolutely appalling VAR decisions, we’ve had no fans in, and we’ve not reinforced the squad in the way we need, yet we still finished third. We showed that even when everything transpired against us, we stood up and got the job done. It’s like walking away from a burning wreck writhing little more than a ripped t-shirt. 

100% agree and some posters, like the ass clown who started this thread, should maybe think about things and see how they pan out before throwing their toys out the pram and behaving like a cunt.

I’m not thrilled by how the season went by any stretch, but we’ve showed huge balls to salvage a completely shite situation. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, johnsusername said:

It's been mentioned before, but the rules changing halfway through the season after letting Man City have an offside goal. Absolute shit show.

This, but add...

one of our best goals of the season (Salah vs Spurs) was ruled out for a handball by Bobby on the half way line (an age before the goal) that was the result of some knobhead climbing all over him, pulling and shoving him. VAR decries no goal, and the foul you’re all watching in slow motion doesn’t count. Free kick to Spurs.

yesterday, Bale’s first goal vs leicester came seconds after a handball from Kane. VAR says... play on.

United had two illegitimate goals given (throw in to West Ham, offside Cavani lob) one of which ends up in the running for Goal of the Season, because VAR can’t find indisputable evidence to rule out (despite there being indisputable evidence both shouldn’t have stood) while about 30 goals are disallowed by VAR despite being onside by 99/100 fans definition of the law.

they're the on field things that summed up this car crash of a season generally.

for us, show a montage of Virgil’s injury, several people not being able to hit a barn door with a banjo, Allison’s header, and Klopp hugging players after yesterday and you’ve got it summed up.

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

100% agree and some posters, like the ass clown who started this thread, should maybe think about things and see how they pan out before throwing their toys out the pram and behaving like a cunt.

I’m not thrilled by how the season went by any stretch, but we’ve showed huge balls to salvage a completely shite situation. 

Said ass clown is the only person who made my ignore list. It’s incessant negativity not based in reality. They’re like an Evertonian. Opposing views are great, being a cunt to be a cunt… not for me. 

• Upvote 2

Joe Gomez's injury is probably the moment for me. We had already lost Virgil but where playing well, the title looked a possibility given City's struggles. That injury was a dagger in the heart, City were waiting for a bullet to be put in their head but instead this gave them hope.

A season ender while training with fucking England. 

12 hours ago, Aventus said:

Thinking back, that first Everton game is the most angry I've been at a football match in a long time, maybe ever. Absolutely fuming with the way that was refereed, kicking the shit out of anything wearing red, and then getting shafted by VAR at the end. 

Cunts

I was angrier at the return game.

Simply because we had a chance to get those bastards back for the first and all that happened and what it did to us and instead of getting right into them we meekly lay down and did fuck all and also handed over without a fight a 10 year plus unbeaten derby record and a 20 year plus unbeaten Anfield derby record.

It was pathetic and totally unacceptable, how could we show so little fight in a derby and especially in one after what happened at the pit.

Still makes me dead angry now to think about it.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was pathetic and totally unacceptable, how could we show so little fight in a derby and especially in one after what happened at the pit.

Still makes me dead angry now to think about it.

I wasn’t thrilled about it either but look at this way - it’s going to be even funnier when they rock up to Anfield next season, crowing about how they’ve ended the hoodoo and are going beat us again only for them to revert to type and we bum them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I wasn’t thrilled about it either but look at this way - it’s going to be even funnier when they rock up to Anfield next season, crowing about how they’ve ended the hoodoo and are going beat us again only for them to revert to type and we bum them.

Let's fucking hope so.

57 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Lol.

Firstly , this post was more general and not specifically LFC related, secondly, am i wrong? Is this a successful season now because we squeezed into the top four on the last day? I think not.

Id rather be a realist then a happy fuck puppet like you, always fawning over the club no matter what it does. The point still stands, its ben a bad season from us with loads of mismanagement and half arsed performances along the way with our illustrious owners throwing in some real fucking stupidity along the way.

It will be interesting to see if they learned their lesson now that they got away with it to a degree, or whether we will spend another summer being tight bastards and tying Klopps hands behind his back.

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It was gonna happen one day. Might as well be the year I don’t have to be there to see it.

18 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Lol.

Firstly , this post was more general and not specifically LFC related, secondly, am i wrong? Is this a successful season now because we squeezed into the top four on the last day? I think not.

Id rather be a realist then a happy fuck puppet like you, always fawning over the club no matter what it does. The point still stands, its ben a bad season from us with loads of mismanagement and half arsed performances along the way with our illustrious owners throwing in some real fucking stupidity along the way.

It will be interesting to see if they learned their lesson now that they got away with it to a degree, or whether we will spend another summer being tight bastards and tying Klopps hands behind his back.

Is it successful? No. Have we done the best with the hand we were dealt? Most likely. 

Through sheer will and determination, we got ourselves over the line. 

Would I be disappointed if we played the same next season? 100%. I’m confident we won’t though. 

You're obviously thick as fuck because about 6 posts further up I’ve said I’m not happy with the season. I’ve also said it elsewhere. It’s not a case of being a puppet, it’s a case of thinking before posting.

I had faith we could salvage the season. Not that we necessarily would, but we could. While I was made up we’d salvaged this season, the players were barely off the pitch yesterday before you were complaining in the transfer thread.

I’d rather live my life glass half full and hoping the best are being made of situations than been an all fit coat and no knickers, miserable twat.

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It was gonna happen one day. Might as well be the year I don’t have to be there to see it.

Agreed. Like Saturday - Citeh are likely going to win the CL at some point, get it over with in this shitty scenario.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is it successful? No. Have we done the best with the hand we were dealt? Most likely. 

Through sheer will and determination, we got ourselves over the line. 

Would I be disappointed if we played the same next season? 100%. I’m confident we won’t though. 

You're obviously thick as fuck because about 6 posts further up I’ve said I’m not happy with the season. I’ve also said it elsewhere. It’s not a case of being a puppet, it’s a case of thinking before posting.

I had faith we could salvage the season. Not that we necessarily would, but we could. While I was made up we’d salvaged this season, the players were barely off the pitch yesterday before you were complaining in the transfer thread.

I’d rather live my life glass half full and hoping the best are being made of situations than been an all fit coat and no knickers, miserable twat.

Oh I'm thick as fuck? You came into this post and had a go at me even though my points where about VAR and some of the decisions this season, not even LFC related.

Retard.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh I'm thick as fuck? You came into this post and had a go at me even though my points where about VAR and some of the decisions this season, not even LFC related.

Retard.

I'd be surprised if he even read the opening post, probably just thinks you're a wanker.

This team didn't lie down at all - they played poorly and had a horrendous run of luck that knocked the stuffing and confidence out of them. By all means criticise their performances, they were shit for 3 months, criticise the management, it took too much for granted. But in a strange season with very little time for reflection calling the players gutless is just plain wrong. 

After all the bad luck we have had this season - settling for 5th would have been accepted by all of us. The players didn't settle, far too many fans slating the players for being gutless threw in the towel for top 4 months ago - the players didn't. To pick themselves up after that run - losing the title on the back of that run, destroys any arguments of gutlessness. 

16 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Retard.

Yes. You come across as fucking thick and having a low mental capacity. 

Anyhoo...

382C0055-08CF-4F47-8181-F67C0F998FA2.gif

Toodles.