You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What single event has summed up this car crash of a season?

Everything 

The whole fucking season from the first kick off to now. The lack of fans has had massive effects for different reasons, the mancs a d West Ham it's benefitted not having the pressure when they arnt playong aswell, especially the mancs. Over the past couple of years when they were losing the atmosphere wasn't great. For us the opposite, lacking the push. 

VAR

Nothing more needs said

Injuries 

Pretty fucking inevitable after pushing a smaller squad for a couple of years non stop, but getting multiple seasons ending or 3/4/5 month injuries to key players has been crippling

Finishing

The less said the fucking better 

Van Djik injury, no question. I firmly believe that was the catalyst for everything else that happened since.

The two other sicknote centre halves predictably couldn't stay fit without him, the midfield got pulled back to cover as the club played aren't we so clever, and unbalanced the whole team.  And all our momentum and form changed.

The match straight after the Crystal Palace smash. From smacking goals in from any old angle to not hitting a donkeys arse with a banjo was when the handbrake was firmly applied. I can't even remember who we played and it might be for the best. 

5 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Henderson’s disallowed goal against the blue cunts. That game alone has probably set us back years. We were absolutely brilliant that day offensively, we looked so threatening and had the real swagger of champions and that latent sense of of invincibility. Mane’s goal is absolutely stunning football, like a well oiled machine. He misses an easier chance a few minutes later created in the same style.

We then have the assault on our main man, our leader, the finest CB the PL’s ever seen. Given a bogus offside, those abhorrent cunt lines drawn from an arbitrary position and Pickford’s fly hack into Virgil’s knee is deemed academic. The sign of things to come.

We dust ourselves down and still play some spell binding football. Mo’s goal just a deadly finish, worthy of winning any game.

Concede a shite goal from a stood up ball ball to the back post. But again show our class and resilience and dominate them again going close multiple times, to then see our new midfield mastero receives a horrible studes into his knee challenge from that cunt Richardlison. 

We are somehow able to regain control and craft and brilliantly worked goal from our captain epitomises the grit and determination that had characterised this team for the past 3 years. Alas, we see the dreaded lines appear and you just know what’s coming next. Of course a faceless cunt in Stockley Park fucks us once again.

That game totally derailed us, one of the great injustices in sport.

No penalty or red card for Pickford because the ref and VAR cunt forgot to check that after checking for the offside - fucking bananas. 

Without doubt it was that abortion of a game at Woodison.  Pickford taking out Virg and staying on the pitch, Richarlison's assault on Thiago and to wrap it up VAR shitting on us at the end. Season went into reverse after that. 

9 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Henderson’s disallowed goal against the blue cunts. That game alone has probably set us back years. We were absolutely brilliant that day offensively, we looked so threatening and had the real swagger of champions and that latent sense of of invincibility. Mane’s goal is absolutely stunning football, like a well oiled machine. He misses an easier chance a few minutes later created in the same style.

We then have the assault on our main man, our leader, the finest CB the PL’s ever seen. Given a bogus offside, those abhorrent cunt lines drawn from an arbitrary position and Pickford’s fly hack into Virgil’s knee is deemed academic. The sign of things to come.

We dust ourselves down and still play some spell binding football. Mo’s goal just a deadly finish, worthy of winning any game.

Concede a shite goal from a stood up ball ball to the back post. But again show our class and resilience and dominate them again going close multiple times, to then see our new midfield mastero receives a horrible studes into his knee challenge from that cunt Richardlison. 

We are somehow able to regain control and craft and brilliantly worked goal from our captain epitomises the grit and determination that had characterised this team for the past 3 years. Alas, we see the dreaded lines appear and you just know what’s coming next. Of course a faceless cunt in Stockley Park fucks us once again.

That game totally derailed us, one of the great injustices in sport.

A fantastic but painful post my brother. 

• Upvote 1

We lost all 3 centre backs before the halfway stage, when we were top by 5 points, 6 clear of Citeh.

We then played our best midfielders at centre back, and their replacements in midfield were wither shite or injured.

The makeshift center backs then got injured.

Everything else that has happened is as a consequence, aside from the Jota injury -  that's on Klopp, 100%.

The minute we got 2 centre backs back in, and Fabinho back in the 6, we started picking up points, and probably as many as anyone else in the league bar City and Chelsea.

And before anyone mentions the last 2 games, re-read the previous paragraph and have a little think about it.

Apart from the other ones listed, one incident which fucked us over is the one at Anfield against Man Utd. Mane was going through on goal and the ref suddenly blows up for halftime, a few seconds early. I still cant get over that.

We have been shafted badly in so many games, that decision doesn't even make top 5.

10 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Which reminds me of another...the bullshit goal City scored when one of their players clearly ran from behind the defender 20 yards back after an attack and nicked the ball of the defenders toes. Utter bullshit.

And then every fucking nobody claiming that it was ok because of phases and other such garbage. 

And even worse, the PGMOL later agreed to "fix" that rule to ensure no other team ever benefited from it like City did.

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The match straight after the Crystal Palace smash. From smacking goals in from any old angle to not hitting a donkeys arse with a banjo was when the handbrake was firmly applied. I can't even remember who we played and it might be for the best. 

This.

Never ever foresaw what was coming after that Palace game.

I thought we'd walk the League after that.  Thought we were fantastic.  In a league of our own.

Simply didn't see the abject shitshow coming.

Perhaps I was kidding myself.

I remember Dave's match report for the Palace game and his saying that the scoreline perhaps flattered us or some such.

He was very very right, unfortunately.

Also, if I'm honest Tottenham sacking Mourinho on the verge of a League Cup Final and right in the top 4 mix sums ups how silly this season is.

25 minutes ago, m0e said:

We lost all 3 centre backs before the halfway stage, when we were top by 5 points, 6 clear of Citeh.

We then played our best midfielders at centre back, and their replacements in midfield were wither shite or injured.

The makeshift center backs then got injured.

Everything else that has happened is as a consequence, aside from the Jota injury -  that's on Klopp, 100%.

The minute we got 2 centre backs back in, and Fabinho back in the 6, we started picking up points, and probably as many as anyone else in the league bar City and Chelsea.

And before anyone mentions the last 2 games, re-read the previous paragraph and have a little think about it.

But what about the last 2 games?

Talking about this shit feast of a season I'm wondering if it's going to be any different next season? What's going to change, what can change?. 

I thought VAR would be a good idea and maybe cut out corruption but it's made corruption so much easier for the cunts. 

Everton away for me, what a kick in the bollocks that was for players and us. 

15 minutes ago, Butch said:

Talking about this shit feast of a season I'm wondering if it's going to be any different next season? What's going to change, what can change?. 

I thought VAR would be a good idea and maybe cut out corruption but it's made corruption so much easier for the cunts. 

Everton away for me, what a kick in the bollocks that was for players and us. 

We will have centre backs hopefully. Phillips has shown he can do a job. Kabak has been decent, especially under the circumstances I think. And surely we'll get a season out of vvd, Gomez or matip between them, it can't be this bad again. And we might also have the lad from RBL. Once we add that stability at the back, I see no reason why the rest of the team won't start to recover. We do need players in midfield and attack too, but as Moe pointed out, we were doing well when we had fabinho back in midfield. 

VAR and all that crap won't change (although I heard some comment about them removing the lines, but I'm sure that just creates scope for bad decisions without lines). 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Begging big John for something resembling a centre back, and the tight bastard not doing anything until the end of the month when significant damage had already been done. 

There didn't seem to be any indication we'd get one until Matip finally fell apart, imagine if he'd lasted another week or so and we ended up with nothing. 

tenor (31).gif