You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 70's Film Ever - Nominations

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m quite surprised no one else has nominated The Taking of Pelham One Two Three and Network.

Yes good films, also Three Days of the Condor. There's quite a few though, my choices will dwindle when it comes to the 80s onwards. 

I think the 80's will be equally as difficult, if not more so. A lot of my favourite movies were made in that decade.

Off the top of my head...

Blade Runner

Aliens

Empire Strikes Back

After Hours

Back to the Future

The Terminator

Midnight Run

The Shining

The Mission

Raiders of the Lost Ark

This is Spinal Tap

Die Hard

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Once Upon a Time in America

Withnail & I

The Thing

E.T.

Top Secret!

First Blood

Ghostbusters

There are so many brilliant films from the 80's it's untrue. Give me ten minutes and i could probably come up with another 20

30 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I think the 80's will be equally as difficult, if not more so. A lot of my favourite movies were made in that decade.

Off the top of my head...

Blade Runner

Aliens

Empire Strikes Back

After Hours

Back to the Future

The Terminator

Midnight Run

The Shining

The Mission

Raiders of the Lost Ark

This is Spinal Tap

Die Hard

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Once Upon a Time in America

Withnail & I

The Thing

E.T.

Top Secret!

First Blood

Ghostbusters

There are so many brilliant films from the 80's it's untrue. Give me ten minutes and i could probably come up with another 20

Nah your alright, depends how old you are I suppose, I mean if I was about 10 years old in the 80s I might of said Ghostbusters, great song though. No Blue Velvet I notice, anyhow that's another tournament. 

10 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Midnight Express 

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Jaws 

The Godfather 

Alien 

Rocky

Enter The Dragon 

Taxi Driver 

The French Connection 

The Wild Geese

Enter The Dragon - Completely forgot about that 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Nah your alright, depends how old you are I suppose, I mean if I was about 10 years old in the 80s I might of said Ghostbusters, great song though. No Blue Velvet I notice, anyhow that's another tournament. 

I was 10 in 1981. Bingo. 13 when Ghostbusters came out. Don't mind Blue Velvet but i find a lot of David Lynch stuff leaves me cold. If i'm stuck for 90 minutes on a wet Sunday afternoon, i'll go with Ghostbusters ahead of that, thanks. But yeah, that's for another discussion.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Mate there's so many good films this decade it's impossible to think of them all. 

Yep. Not sure it would have made my top 10 but I do love it and am pissed off I didn't even consider it. My brain this week comes straight out of a comic book. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Not sure it would have made my top 10 but I do love it and am pissed off I didn't even consider it. My brain this week comes straight out of a comic book. 

Ha ha. I added it as most of my picks were already chosen by others so thought I'd throw it in. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mars said:

Would a pre-nomination thread be useful the the 80s round? Where people can suggest great films so I can think, "Bugger, forgot about that!"

Or alternatively, you can wait for a couple of days with your nominations.

22 minutes ago, Mudface said:

How good was the '70s? Other decades seem a bit dull in comparison.

Superb but the 80's and 90's will be boss as well. I'll do groups then knockout ties in 70's, 80's and 90's. Just groups for 00's and 10's like the last two. 

• Upvote 1