You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) - Sat 8th May 2021, 8:15pm

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Difference is in the 90th minute, Fab rather than being stuck at CB is pressuring them level with the edge of their own box. They get a throw in off Fab, we then win the ball high up and score. 

Spot on. The main problem this season has been the lack of intensity in the pressing. Like explained by Klopp in a recent interview. Not too complicated actually, and should be possible to fix going into next season.

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Perfect for defending in the last 10 mins of a game, especially the way we are dropping off now. No doubt we would have won our last two had he been there, both goals conceded from balls into the box that he would got to first. 

I like him, he gives his all and would put his head where others wouldn't put their feet.

Alisson Man of the match for me, phenomenal in everything he did.

Mane was superb, Sharp and decisive in everything he did. Can’t write him off, he has too much in his locker.

Really pleased for Thiago, his performances have been steadily improving and tonight was the reward. Thought his overall play was brilliant, some lovely guile and use of ball and a goal that showed great class and composure.

The biggest thing though undoubtedly, that is the last game in front of an empty Anfield. Praise the fucking Lord.

• Upvote 1

I should be pleased and I am but Im also feeling underwhelmed. On that performance I will be surprised and delighted if we win 4 of our last 5 and even then, Im not sure that would be enough.

Nat Phillips MoTM for me. I know Alli made some good saves but he also made some pretty poor kicks and was more than fortunate Southampton didnt capitalise on it like city did.

We look a shadow of the team that steam rollered its was to the title last season. We look to be running on fumes for the last 15 to 20 minutes of games. Too many players just arent at the height they were. Alli, Trent, Robbo, Sadio, Mo, Bobby were the core of that side.

Sure, losing Hendo, Virgil and Matip is going to hurt any side but I just said to Bobby fuck off when within minutes of coming on, he tried a backheel to no one when in a tight spot and needlessly gave away possession. Carragher said Trent had a good game. Really? I thought his crossing was poor. Again. Mo wanted too many touches. Nothing was coming off for Jota.

We could do without our players going to the Euros or any other international games in the summer. They need to put their feet up and rest.

That 2ndhalf was worse than the first. We just seemed to needlessly invite Southampton onto us. That fine if we're on blob but I was just waiting forthe inevitable cock up to come along. Sure enough it did but fortunately Southampton couldnt capitalise. Thank goodness Danny was not available for them.

Mancs up next, is it? Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Big credit to big Nat again but can we find somebody other than Rhys Williams please. 

Neither can be anywhere near the side next year if we want to go back to being good again. 

Of course we could stay shite.  Praising a donkey centre back for sticking his head on the ball, whilst our full backs can't push on, midfield needs to sit deep and the attack stay isolated.  But I'd rather get back to what made us very fucking good. 

• Like 1