You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elliott:  I can challenge for a first team spot next season

TLW

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Why is anyone surprised Neville is a cunt? 

He was always a cunt, has always been a cunt and always will be a cunt. 

He just slagged utd off a few times when he first started on sky to try and get some reputation as being neutral and idiots fell for it. 

He really needs calling out for all his shite when the mancs were breaking into their ground and getting games called off last season, about where are their protests now.

52 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Why is anyone surprised Neville is a cunt? 

He was always a cunt, has always been a cunt and always will be a cunt. 

He just slagged utd off a few times when he first started on sky to try and get some reputation as being neutral and idiots fell for it. 

Gary Neville blows tramps. I just felt I should point that out.

10 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Didnt catch the first half today so dont know how he did. But think he’s shown in the other matches that he’s one of the best midfielders at the club, and certainly good enough to start quite a few PL games.

I haven't seen that in him yet,to be honest. I think the main reason he is playing is that although he's still a rookie Klopp cannot depend on Ox or Keita to stay fit nor maintain the required level of form. He looks a prospect though,no doubt.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It was obviously a ridiculous tackle, whether he meant it or not. It's like when that crying dickhead Son broke Andre Gomes' leg. A completely needless, useless challenge and from behind at that. It's fucking shit.

The consequence of the much trumpeted, "let things go" policy this year. Don't reckon that happens last year 

It was a classic example of why they've tried to stamp out tackling from behind. It will nearly always be a genuine attempt for the ball, but in order to stretch one leg to make contact with it, some part of the tackler's body will collide with an ankle from behind.

The reason it's a definite red is because he leaves the ground, goes with his wrong leg, and thus leaves his left leg sideways like a scythe. I'm not having this "9/10 times that tackle ends in no injury" bollocks. That was an ankle crusher, no matter the intent.

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Dislocated ankle

3-4 months normally

I saw a video on YouTube earlier of some US Sports Dr talking about the incident.

It’s basically down to how bad the accompanying ligament damage is. Andre Gomes was back in 4 months. Wesley Fofana is going to be out for a year. 

Given his body will have had less wear and tear than older players, hopefully it’s not too bad. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I saw a video on YouTube earlier of some US Sports Dr talking about the incident.

It’s basically down to how bad the accompanying ligament damage is. Andre Gomes was back in 4 months. Wesley Fofana is going to be out for a year. 

Given his body will have had less wear and tear than older players, hopefully it’s not too bad. 

I'm not sure I necessarily agree as almost every professional has been playing organised football week in, week out since they were 8 or 9 years old.

Liverpool’s Harvey Elliott to have surgery after dislocating ankle

Liverpool’s Harvey Elliott to have surgery after dislocating ankle.

Liverpool teenager Harvey Elliott will have surgery in the coming week after he suffered a dislocated ankle during his side's visit to Leeds United on Sunday.

Elliott, 18, was on the receiving end of a challenge from Pascal Struijk in the second half. There was immediate concern from both sets of players following the incident and Struijk was sent off in the 60th minute as a result of the challenge.

Elliott was treated on the pitch for several minutes before being taken off the pitch on a stretcher. He was replaced by Jordan Henderson.

He was taken from Elland Road to Leeds General Infirmary and was accompanied by the club doctor Jim Moxon, before being discharged from hospital at 9pm on Sunday night. No date has been set for the operation yet, but The Athletic understands it is likely to be on Tuesday.

Post match, Jurgen Klopp spoke on Elliott's injury. He said: “It's a bad injury. Ankle, I heard it was dislocated. We could put it back. He's in the hospital.

“I couldn't care less [if it was a red card], it is not my business. It is a serious injury, definitely for an 18 year old boy. The red card is not important. Two or three weeks we can play on, Harvey will not.”

Marcelo Bielsa said: “Pascal recovered the ball. The action to get the ball didn't have an infraction. But I have the feeling that the movement of the rest of his body after he recovered the ball made him hit Elliott. I'm totally sure there was no bad intention.

“Obviously there was some imprudence or excess of power. These types of recovery are totally frequent. The difference here was that the follow through with Pascal's speed and power clipped the player and caused the injury. I regret dearly that such a young player playing at such a high level has been interrupted, I hope he's able to get back.”

Elliott posted on his Instagram before the match finished. His message said: “Thank you for the messages guys! Road to recovery. YNWA.”

Prior to Elliott’s injury, Liverpool had taken a 2-0 lead after goals from Mohamed Salah and Fabinho either side of the break. Sadio Mane scored late into stoppage time to see the game finish 3-0.

1 hour ago, Justice Negs said:

“Mr Hennessey, who was among Liverpool's away support to watch their 3-0 win, told Sportsmail: 'They were on giving him some sedation. It is good analgesia they use now which is inhaled. 

It looks like they reduced his ankle [put it back in place] there and then, which is what you need to do because the longer the ankle remains dislocated the more problems there will be for the soft tissue and that then queers your pitch for when you need to fix them.”

Just what we needed with the on-going controversy over offensive chants.

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

“Mr Hennessey, who was among Liverpool's away support to watch their 3-0 win, told Sportsmail: 'They were on giving him some sedation. It is good analgesia they use now which is inhaled. 

It looks like they reduced his ankle [put it back in place] there and then, which is what you need to do because the longer the ankle remains dislocated the more problems there will be for the soft tissue and that then queers your pitch for when you need to fix them.”

Just what we needed with the on-going controversy over offensive chants.

It's a medical term cough.

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

he has supposedly had his op today in london. wonder when we find out how long he is out for. what a fucker for the kid. 

Good luck to him. He made a bright start to the season on the pitch and seems to be a decent lad off it too. 
Hope he comes back stronger and never has to play fucking Burnley again.