You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Fans

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

From the fans perspective, I honestly dont see much if anything changing. Fans arent going to be given a vote on the suitability of current or prospective owners in my opinion.

I think fans expecting a substantial say in football are going to be disappointed.

You don't need a say as such, you just need to be more of an obstacle. That can be done - I'm not optimistic myself, the desire for change lasted 2 days and the fans dropped it all for punishment and self-interest. As we saw at the weekend. 

Carragher has spent an entire career listening to fans the length and breadth of the country shouting into his face that he's a scouse cunt on an almost weekly basis.  I imagine that fella shouting his crap didn't even register.  

Football is eating itself and its greed that is the source of the appetite.

All those manc fans who are giving it the big one about change would all fall silent if the mancs were bought by China tomorrow and suddenly could outspend everybody else again and start winning again.

The problems they are hiding their agenda behind would still exist and actually be exacerbated by them being bought, but they wouldn't give a shite then.

This has all been brewing since the day the PL formed and football became what it has become, what we are seeing now is the really ugly side of what game has spent 25 years plus of sewing - an ugly harvest of greed, more greed, self interest and worsening of morals as the stakes get higher and higher and more noses fight for space in an ever growing trough of shite.

Will serve all involved right - sky, the pl, the fa, the owners, their backers, the companies coining it in etc etc if the whole bubble goes and bursts....out of that then we actually might 'get our game back' etc.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Carragher has spent an entire career listening to fans the length and breadth of the country shouting into his face that he's a scouse cunt on an almost weekly basis.  I imagine that fella shouting his crap didn't even register.  

So what about him talking to that copper who had his face slashed then going on sky saying it was a peaceful protest? 

ETA: He didn’t cope so well when a manc taunted him at a set of traffic lights. 

27 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Do you think that protest would have taken place last Sunday if Manchester United were eight points clear at the top with the same owners?

39 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Well it did on the M602.

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

So what about him talking to that copper who had his face slashed then going on sky saying it was a peaceful protest? 

ETA: He didn’t cope so well when a manc taunted him at a set of traffic lights. 

I've no idea.  Maybe he didn't know it had happened?  Maybe he thought the coppers cut face was from a fall or being hit with something thrown randomly? I don't know.  But even if some prick purposely slashed him, I don't think one prick being violent means the protest was violent in the same way I don't think a bottle of Kopperburg being thrown at a bus means Man City were subjected to a violent assault. 

I'm not here as some major Carra backer.  But I do think he probably did the right thing by not swinging for some random idiot he just watched calling Souness (from Edinburgh) a scouse cunt before saying it him, or judging every fan there that day on the actions of that shouty gobshite. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Do you think that protest would have taken place last Sunday if Manchester United were eight points clear at the top with the same owners?

Nope.  And we have proof that it wouldn't be happening as you just have to look at how the green and gold until we're sold thing disappeared when they started winning league titles again 10 years ago.  

I'm not sure what your point is though?  I'm not trying to justify anything?  I'm just passing my view that I don't think Carra is some kind of turncoat because he didn't lump that fella one for been called something he's had roared at him multiple times a week for 20 years.

But I will also add that I most Liverpool fans would act the exact same if the Glazers owned Liverpool and we were winning league titles under them.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well it did on the M602.

Maybe he learned from that?  Maybe he just wasn't bothered by an idiot who'd just been calling a Scottish fella a scouse cunt, before calling him it?

I'm not some big Carra fanboy, but I am surprised at the issues many seem to have with him at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Love people being hard when they have no chance of being filled in. 

That's why my one of us should have anything to do with these pricks. 

You don't think there'd have been some Liverpool fan roaring "Manc Cunt" in Nevilles face had this happened at Anfield?

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

From the fans perspective, I honestly dont see much if anything changing. Fans arent going to be given a vote on the suitability of current or prospective owners in my opinion.

I think fans expecting a substantial say in football are going to be disappointed.

You're more than likely right, but should fans not try and at least show their continued displeasure with how football is being managed?  

5 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

You're more than likely right, but should fans not try and at least show their continued displeasure with how football is being managed?  

Oh yeah, that's a different question. Im not suggesting people just roll over. Constructive dialogue is to be welcomed and hopefully, more productive than antagonism on both sides.

I could well be wrong but I just dont see a great reset in football happening especially regarding evicting owners as some seem to think.

As far as ownership goes, I think prospective ones should be prevented from loading the buying debt onto a club or using the club's income stream to buy itself for the new buyers.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Oh yeah, that's a different question. Im not suggesting people just roll over. Constructive dialogue is to be welcomed and hopefully, more productive than antagonism on both sides.

I could well be wrong but I just dont see a great reset in football happening especially regarding evicting owners as some seem to think.

As far as ownership goes, I think prospective ones should be prevented from loading the buying debt onto a club or using the club's income stream to buy itself for the new buyers.

I agree with everything you say there. There'll be no silver bullet.  But small gains can be achieved and celebrated.  Stopping the Super League and hopefully the corresponding regulation was one.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Football is eating itself and its greed that is the source of the appetite.

All those manc fans who are giving it the big one about change would all fall silent if the mancs were bought by China tomorrow and suddenly could outspend everybody else again and start winning again.

The problems they are hiding their agenda behind would still exist and actually be exacerbated by them being bought, but they wouldn't give a shite then.

This has all been brewing since the day the PL formed and football became what it has become, what we are seeing now is the really ugly side of what game has spent 25 years plus of sewing - an ugly harvest of greed, more greed, self interest and worsening of morals as the stakes get higher and higher and more noses fight for space in an ever growing trough of shite.

Will serve all involved right - sky, the pl, the fa, the owners, their backers, the companies coining it in etc etc if the whole bubble goes and bursts....out of that then we actually might 'get our game back' etc.

There in is the rub for me, it is the reason why Sky, the moral voice, have jumped in with peaceful and Anti Glazer protest, they don't want people taking about money in football, just terrible, unique selfish greed on the part of certain owners. It is why they don't go after City or Chelsea, the more clubs that have rich owners and are successful will help them sell their product and hence make Sky more money.  

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

I've no idea.  Maybe he didn't know it had happened?  Maybe he thought the coppers cut face was from a fall or being hit with something thrown randomly? I don't know.  But even if some prick purposely slashed him, I don't think one prick being violent means the protest was violent in the same way I don't think a bottle of Kopperburg being thrown at a bus means Man City were subjected to a violent assault. 

I'm not here as some major Carra backer.  But I do think he probably did the right thing by not swinging for some random idiot he just watched calling Souness (from Edinburgh) a scouse cunt before saying it him, or judging every fan there that day on the actions of that shouty gobshite. 

No one has said they wanted him to swing for anyone mate.

But having seen the copper and spoken to him - to then go on sky and parrot the ‘peaceful protest’ line is bullshit. 

And it wasn’t just one prick being violent was it, we’ve all seen it was greater than that. 

He then doubled down on MNF and slated Souness (without naming him) who was the only one who spoke any sense on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

Twitter is hilarious at the moment. Reply to any journalist saying their fans are a disgrace and you get some brilliant replies.

”Nobody understands us”. Apart from the fact we were raped almost to the point of bankruptcy by G&H.

”We formed FC United”. Good for you, we formed AFC Liverpool. 

“Thousands have never been back to Old Trafford since they took over”. Thousands? Really? Good for them for sticking to their beliefs. What about you? 

“Your just insecure about your owners”. Irrelevant. 

It’s like the storming of the US Capitol. Gary Trump / Donald Neville has whipped his army of followers in a frenzy, made several wild & empty accusations (ie the ESL) for people to get angry about and then just stood back as the Orc’s stormed the gates.

• Upvote 1