You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Fans

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I keep seeing that Andy Mitten stating that United don't need an Oligarch etc. To be fair he is right, but the club is valued at over £3bn - who do they think is taking over if the Glazers sell up? The fans - where are they getting that money from?

Do they want fan ownership? If so, why did they not call for this from 1992 to 2005? Why where they okay with those businessmen running the club? Their main issue seems to be that the Glazers are taking money out the club. But, is that all their objections are? 

So, their protests are not about greed or saving football. 

So if the Glazers didn't take that money out they could spend more on transfers and wages. They paid Alexis Sanchez 500 grand a week. So if the Glazers put all the money back into the club they could pay Mbappe, Haaland and basically anyone else they wanted to sign whatever wages they demanded. 

So it's just about winning and being better than Man City.

• Upvote 2

What their fans don't realise is that Ferguson/Busby are the anomaly in their club. This 8 years of "drought" that the Glazers are blamed for is normal for Manchester United.

Since 1969 - 52 years ago - apart from the 21 years between 1992 & 2013, they have picked up the odd cup but have not even once competed for the league or Big Ears.

Since 1969, when Busby left, they have had 11 managers. Only 1 of them has won a league or a European cup/Champions league. 

In the same period we have also had 11 managers, 6 of whom have won one or the other and 3 have won both. 

They are the biggest myth in football. 

• Upvote 3

Just had a flashback to that fucking shit “we’re Man United we do what we want” chant they had a few years back. Fucking smug cunts. That entire mentality pervades throughout the whole club, has done since that Taggart prick arrived and continues through those bastards on the field yesterday. Entitled fucks. 

• Upvote 2

I'm cancelling sky sports can't be fucked with it any more but mostly just listening to Gary Nevilles absolute horseshit, he slates the people of the city at every opportunity and you have liverpool media praising him and his stance. Then there's the rest of them who change their view on any incident depending on who is involved.

You need a million subscriptions for everything these days, even fucking podcasts want one. Soon how many channels will you need to pay for to watch games.

• Upvote 2

Here's an alternative (to the Sky etc) explanation that's more consistent with all of the footage I've seen:

Bank Holiday weekend. In the sunshine. After months of lockdown. With plenty of booze. And City about to win the league.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jockey said:

I keep seeing that Andy Mitten stating that United don't need an Oligarch etc. To be fair he is right, but the club is valued at over £3bn - who do they think is taking over if the Glazers sell up? The fans - where are they getting that money from?

Do they want fan ownership? If so, why did they not call for this from 1992 to 2005? Why where they okay with those businessmen running the club? Their main issue seems to be that the Glazers are taking money out the club. But, is that all their objections are? 

So, their protests are not about greed or saving football. 

If they were winning the league, Sunday’s protest wouldn’t have taken place, regardless of owners or ownership model. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I've noticed that from This is Anfield as well, seems to be the trend with most of the Liverpool fansites/zines honestly which I find odd really I don't think we'd be hearing the same from them or the media if the roles were reversed here. Seems to me like Liverpool are always expected to "be the bigger person" so to speak. You see it with how we deal, or don't deal to be honest, with constant shitty reffing decisions, other teams wasting time via hitting the deck at the slightest touch whilst our players do their most to stay up which in turn means when they do go down the ref thinks they're diving, etc. As others have said it's a wholly different set of rules and expectations for us.

TIA seem to have lost the plot. Banging on about ‘solidarity’ and suggesting Liverpool fans are behind them. Based on what I see here, Rawk and even their own comments sections they are way out of step with the rest of the fan base.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DaveT said:

TIA seem to have lost the plot. Banging on about ‘solidarity’ and suggesting Liverpool fans are behind them. Based on what I see here, Rawk and even their own comments sections they are way out of step with the rest of the fan base.

That manc Mitten and his crew, the Bloo crew, the Spurs lads, Arsenal lads and the TAW crew are all mates making a living in the same industry coming face to face at the same award ceremonies, functions etc. As some have said it would be interesting to see the reaction if Scousers were attacking Police and smashing Anfield up, I suspect the LFC podcast narrative would be somewhere along the lines of how ashamed they are. They’re playing the game but it doesn’t help us in the long run.

1 hour ago, DaveT said:

I think they see this situation in football as the 'great reset' all the conspiracy theorists bang on about as an underlying result of the covid virus pandemic.

All these vocal fan groups think with the Government review, they're going to force change of ownership, in the case of the mancs at least, and reclaim the game to varying degrees.

It is unlikely to happen in my opinion as there's too much vested interests from the FA to the tv and media providers.

Does anyone seriously think the FA want shut of the glazers, kronke, abramovic, FSG etc? Yeah, they tried to form a separate Euro league but they've either seen sponsorship income at their club and hence reach of the PL grow or, poured money into the game.

Let's wait and see how successful the PL becomes now we have the likes of Parish, Barber and a few others from 'the 14' running the shop. That lot have been hanging onto the coat tails of the other 6, they're suddenly going to have a road to damascus moment and say 'the fans were right all along, we're too greedy!' They need money just as much as the 6 do if relatively not more.

The broadcasters arent going to seriously weaken their strangehold on televised games either. And if they're forced to, watch the tv rights income be substantially reduced and the real knock on effect that will have on all PL clubs not just the 'big 6'!

The FA isnt going to suddenly give competing FA Cup Finalists 75% of Wembley final tickets. Neither are they going to return the cup semi finals to traditional grounds and away from Wembley.

And if you think the Government hasnt handled the pandemic or NHS well, what do you think their future of football will look like?

The thing is at times like these, the vocal always promise a better tomorrow. They rarely deliver.

• Upvote 2

On 02/05/2021 at 18:30, an tha said:

Staggering how media are painting them as peeceful, in the right and having 'won'

Imagine if it was our fans at Anfield....

I would hope we aren't quite as thick as to smash up our own ground. What a bunch of planks

Sky Sports and all its wise pundits were over the moon with it it would seem 

I'm arguing with a Manc lad from work right now who is claiming that this is no way worse than the City bus getting a bottle or two launched at it. 

Mate, it is. People got injured yesterday. You can't really escape that fact. The media really don't seem to want to discuss the ugly side of it, apart from an afterthought in amongst the "this protest has been brewing for 16 years" narrative, strangely.

6 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'm arguing with a Manc lad from work right now who is claiming that this is no way worse than the City bus getting a bottle or two launched at it. 

Mate, it is. People got injured yesterday. You can't really escape that fact. The media really don't seem to want to discuss the ugly side of it, apart from an afterthought in amongst the "this protest has been brewing for 16 years" narrative, strangely.

For this to be 'no worse' than the city bus being attacked, we'd have to have smashed the door in, got on the bus, ripped the seats and fittings out. Fucking nonce (him not you!).

Boris Johnson talking about legislating against ESL. Funny coincidence that local elections are just around the corner.

No way on Gods earth is Westminster going to intervene with legislation to impose restrictions on the right of private businesses to operate in other markets. 

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Boris Johnson talking about legislating against ESL. Funny coincidence that local elections are just around the corner.

No way on Gods earth is Westminster going to intervene with legislation to impose restrictions on the right of private businesses to operate in other markets. 

It goes against everything the Tories stand for!

4 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I believe under the FIFA rules it states governments cannot interfere with their respective FA's or am I talking shit.

It's my understanding as well. A big no, no from FIFA. Be funny as fuck if the Government did and FIFA screwed the FA over it.

They hate it when you tell them that their years of unparalleled success were all due to having to chase down our success. Once it ended, they were still behind us in CL's despite having everything in their favour and us being pure shite.