You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Fans

Bjornebye

Just now, J-V said:

He was the officer the two pieces of "peaceful protest" Scum Carragher and Neville were talking to.  Code stuck up a clip of it yesterdy.  Obviously a peacuful accident along with throwing a flare and full bear can at Souness and the three tits in his vicinity.

Would have had to have contained a Polar/Grizzly cross to hurt Souey in his pomp.

34 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Incidentally, bottles and cans were the key to this. A pissed-up day out in the sunshine for the lads after months of lockdown.

From the little I saw, this literally seemed like a group of young lads getting pissed and then smashing stuff up. Everyone I have heard talk about it, mainly united fanzine people, seem to suggest that getting in the ground was never the plan. 

Yet, when you listen to some fans, including the Anfield Wrap, they seem to suggest it was some great political stand, with some of these lads taking the brave step to go into the ground, to the potential detriment of themselves and their livelihoods. Also a fella getting slashed and another having his eye socket broken failed to get a mention. 

2 hours ago, Butch said:

What the fuck is it any of the fans business whether the club is in debt or not. They've done very well since the Americans took over. Would be different if they were a lower division club with debt that could actually destroy the club but those fuckers are only second to oil billionaire's in spending on players. That fanzine nob mentioned that they bought some shit players which is nothing to do with the owners. Unbelievable shite. 

Scumbag fans vandalised the club they are supposed to love, fuck them bastards. 

Like what’s happening not far away from them at Bury & Bolton.

Spoilt cunts complaining because they are “only” the 2nd and in a European Final this season.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d have hoped SOS would have distanced us from this and put Carra in his place.

Carragher will probably say he not bothered if he offends Liverpool fans he's no regrets over what he said blah blah blah, that's what he said when he was criticising our form during his commentary. 

Fuck em all, manc twats to a man.

Most were not there to demo against the glaziers, hence the twat who threw the camera stand, how the fuck is that a demo at the glaziers?

Typical manc wankers getting pissed and following the crowd.

Might have been a demo, but turned into a typical drunken brit footy fan ( fuck em lets wreck the place load of bollocks)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

20210503_203329.jpg

More successful than us for 30 years but no songs celebrating league wins or European runs just anti scouse bile on repeat. It defines them. Few shiny skyscrapers in the centre and Shameless estates everywhere else. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

https://www.givemesport.com/1685712-man-united-protests-jamie-carragher-slams-lazy-punditry-on-mnf

Seems like Jamie was at it again tonight, sounds like a pop at Souness as well again obviously he not a Souness fan. 

I'd still give Souey a 50/50 chance of battering him even at 68 in a few days. 

Feels like Carragher mouth only moves when Neville got his arm up his hoop and moving it like a fucking puppet 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd still give Souey a 50/50 chance of battering him even at 68 in a few days

Feels like Carragher mouth only moves when Neville got his arm up his hoop and moving it like a fucking puppet 

He's probably not arsed but his status (for the want of a better word) with Liverpool fans over the last 3 months or so has fell off dramatically he's coming across as a bit of an arse. Souness was correct in both instances in my opinion Pickford knew what he was doing with VVD and yesterday's riot was totally out of order and it wasn't peaceful. 

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd still give Souey a 50/50 chance of battering him even at 68 in a few days. 

Imagine how the conversation went when Sky's producers were trying to figure out their new punditry team.

"Gary Neville hates scousers, Carragher is really scouse, this is going to be AMAZING."

2 hours ago, John102 said:

From the little I saw, this literally seemed like a group of young lads getting pissed and then smashing stuff up. Everyone I have heard talk about it, mainly united fanzine people, seem to suggest that getting in the ground was never the plan. 

Yet, when you listen to some fans, including the Anfield Wrap, they seem to suggest it was some great political stand, with some of these lads taking the brave step to go into the ground, to the potential detriment of themselves and their livelihoods. Also a fella getting slashed and another having his eye socket broken failed to get a mention. 

I've noticed that from This is Anfield as well, seems to be the trend with most of the Liverpool fansites/zines honestly which I find odd really I don't think we'd be hearing the same from them or the media if the roles were reversed here. Seems to me like Liverpool are always expected to "be the bigger person" so to speak. You see it with how we deal, or don't deal to be honest, with constant shitty reffing decisions, other teams wasting time via hitting the deck at the slightest touch whilst our players do their most to stay up which in turn means when they do go down the ref thinks they're diving, etc. As others have said it's a wholly different set of rules and expectations for us.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, waddy78 said:

https://www.givemesport.com/1685712-man-united-protests-jamie-carragher-slams-lazy-punditry-on-mnf

Seems like Jamie was at it again tonight, sounds like a pop at Souness as well again obviously he not a Souness fan. 

He's turned into a real nob. Of course there was a core of united fans who've been protesting against the glazer ownership. Most of them went and formed FC United. The rump stayed and continued to protest.

But the majority of united fans accepted the status quo because they were still winning titles under ferguson. Carragher's as thick as a brick if he refuses to accept that.

However, since ferguson retired, united fans have seen 3 major changes in the football landscape. First, city came along with their money and started winning titles. Second, they stopped winning the Prem which Im pretty sure they began to see as 'theirs.' Third, they even saw us end a 30 year title drought.

And that, I believe, was the final straw. Us winning a title and them with a succession of managers after ferguson who were nowhere close to winning it again.

I dont know what Carragher thinks this brave new footballing landscape initiated by Government is going to do. If he thinks it's going to give fans a 'real' voice in how a club is run, I think he's going to be mistaken. When has a Government never mind this one, ever given shareholder a say in the running of big companies?

The big shareholder voting blocks are held by the corporates. You've fuck all chance when one person can wave his 1 million voting shares against your handful. You might be entitled to speak at an annual shareholder meeting but if you think you're making the ship change course, good luck with that.

All this doesnt take into account the potential abortion of a mess Government may make to the running of clubs. People think that Dowden and this Government are bothered outside of covid restrictions, there's no PL games on free to air tv never mind Sky and BT jack the prices up every 12 months? People think they are going to take on board '20 is plenty' for tickets, fans arent considered over the scheduling of games on tv or cup final allocations of about 22000 is reasonable?

I cant wait to be proven wrong but Im more inclined to believe Carragher will sing his Sky paymaster's tune if Government just makes changes that affect the pay for view networks.

• Upvote 2

I keep seeing that Andy Mitten stating that United don't need an Oligarch etc. To be fair he is right, but the club is valued at over £3bn - who do they think is taking over if the Glazers sell up? The fans - where are they getting that money from?

Do they want fan ownership? If so, why did they not call for this from 1992 to 2005? Why where they okay with those businessmen running the club? Their main issue seems to be that the Glazers are taking money out the club. But, is that all their objections are? 

So, their protests are not about greed or saving football.