You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Fans

Bjornebye

I wonder if anyone who was initially sympathetic to the protest has changed their tune since yesterday? 

Conversely, has anyone shifted from an immediate; “it’s the Mancs, fuck them” position to one that feels the protest had merit?

Anti those cunts are not, I still think they’ve massively overstepped the mark here and there should be appropriate consequences. These shouldn’t include being able to rearrange the fixture to suit or being described as ‘noble’ by an experienced journalist. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I wonder if anyone who was initially sympathetic to the protest has changed their tune since yesterday? 

Conversely, has anyone shifted from an immediate; “it’s the Mancs, fuck them” position to one that feels the protest had merit?

Anti those cunts are not, I still think they’ve massively overstepped the mark here and there should be appropriate consequences. These shouldn’t include being able to rearrange the fixture to suit or being described as ‘noble’ by an experienced journalist. 

The fixture should be re-arranged to suit us or 3 points to us. They failed to secure their ground. No excuses. Fuck them.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Shitkicker said:

The way you put this, Scott, any decent person with a social(ist) conscience, would/should give football the arse.

Oh, and movies.  And F1.

And TV, music and pretty much everything else classed as “entertainment” people enjoy doing. 

• Like 1

You know what I would love Real to win the Champions League this year. It would be funny as fuck.

Perez flicking the bird at all the hipocritical fuckers like Micah Richards, Neville, Carra, Gary Linekar, Uefa, Sky etc. 

United are a horrible club. A lot of their fans love the getting one over other clubs especially us rather than the winning. Any of the ones with any genuine morality and concern for the game fucked off 20 years ago, when they were the best team in the land. This mob are thugs, far more than our thugs that have thrown shit at buses over the last few years. Disgusting to see these thugs being given credibility. To be fair, a chunk of their fans seem to be calling them out, but thanks to the likes of Gary Neville, these twats will be given the Dunkirk or Normandy treatment. When the "decent" papers do that as well, you just give up.

City and Chelsea I absolutely despise, but you know what Newcastle and all the other fans would be the exact same if they won the lotto. 

The Mail, are now saying that Utd could be docked points due to their failure to not being able to play the match and not being able to guarantee players safety. Also points out if a suitable date can not be arranged then Liverpool would get the points.

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

The Mail, are now saying that Utd could be docked points due to their failure to not being able to play the match and not being able to guarantee players safety. Also points out if a suitable date can not be arranged then Liverpool would get the points.

I don't think Klopp would be at all happy to take points in that fashion but it wouldnt be entirely unjustified either.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't think Klopp would be at all happy to take points in that fashion but it wouldnt be entirely unjustified either.

Probably not, but a nice if the premier League grew a set and done it. Let's be honest the premier League will have to do something once it dies down because if not what's to stop Fulham doing it next week when they could be relegated ? Surely they have to set a marker.

13 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Imagine the fume if we qualify for the CL on the back of the 3 points gifted from yesterday. 

I hope it happens. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

I could be wrong, but I heard that we agreed to postpone the game, so I think this makes it less likely that we would be gifted the 3 points. 

We had no choice really, if the police (matchday commander) who has authority over everyone on a matchday including Sky says it's not safe or that he cannot 100% guarantee players safety then we would have to agree we litterly have no choice.

6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I could be wrong, but I heard that we agreed to postpone the game, so I think this makes it less likely that we would be gifted the 3 points. 

We didn't have much of a choice in fairness. 

25 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

They're right too. 

Still imaging the fume if we played the arse hole got three points and pipped West Ham and Chelsea by 1 or 2pts for 4th spot. 

Hook theif fans and any random bloo up to the national grid and you'd get clean energy for years

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah that's true.

Its not like a Scotland vs Moldova situation where we could have turned up to play without them. 

With our forwards form ( Salah aside) we'd have still drawn 0-0 even if they weren't there.

I don’t see why we shouldn’t be given the three points the game was cancelled due to their fans illegally forcing their way into the ground and thus causing trouble and firing a flare at the pundits box .
Since football was invented in 1992 I can’t think of one game that was postponed in the Premier League due to fans behaviour 

I also saw that twat Kavah Solhekol on Sky was saying there is no free space for Utd to play this game unless the Liverpool v West Brom match is moved ...He didn’t go into detail where and how it would be moved just that it’s the only free weekend Utd have 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm not sure about the points thing but some action needs to be taken before fans of other clubs including ours buy into the sky narrative that this was a fight for the common man and any behaviour is acceptable which yesterday sky pretty much did.

It's astonishing stuff, not a thread goes by on here without someone having to report illegal streams because there's no footy on the fucking telly due to Sky, you could watch CL matches until the last couple of years and then they and BT hoovered  that up too, where was man of the people Gary Neville then? 

Neville's diatribe was a Martini of shit - one third 'anti Ed Woodward/Glazers rant', a third 'scousers are twats' rant and a third 'I'll get shared around the world on Twitter and cement my place as the John Prescott of Sky Sports' rant. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

We can laugh at that, but football has gotten itself into a vicious circle due to players wages. 

They get more TV money - players wages go up.

They get more competition money - players wages go up. 

They get more sponsorships - players wages go up. 

The get better kit manufacturing deals - players wages go up. 

Guess where a high % of the ESL money would have gone. 

But what are clubs meant to do? Not pay them? Well somebody else will, then clubs lose out on the best players, the above incomes go down and but they’ve still got cover existing wages. 

If wages weren’t so high, maybe there would be cheaper tickets & merchandise for supporters?

I don’t see a way out of it. I don’t think there should be a salary cap - footballers are professional athletes and entertainers. Look at what Lewis Hamilton or Tom Cruise earn - should they take a salary cap as well?

Maybe salaries could be a % of turnover, but doesn’t that just limit competition as well?

Agents are a curse on the game. A hell of a lot of the money goes into their pockets. 

How difficult would it be for the FA/Premier league etc to manage contracts and transfers. Most of that 10% could be filtered down to the lower leagues instead. 

I don't know how you implement a wage cap but unless it was done worldwide in football it would not work. If it ever happened then it could go a long way to making football a better place. (or maybe just owners a lot richer unfortunately)

• Upvote 1