You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Fans

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Great post that.

They get rid of the Glazers and they end up with the Chinese government, the Saudis or the oligarchs. All with lovely human rights records but hey it's okay because they can get Varane, Kroos, Haaland and Mbappe in one window if they take over.

The Glazers have put their money where their mouth is. They have spent a considerable amount of cash since Ferguson left. They have wasted it for the most part, though they are beginning to look a good team now. Moyes was the chosen one on the advice of Ferguson. Van Gaal was a legendary manager who had just taken Holland to the semi finals of the world cup. Mourinho was arguably the biggest managerial name in world football when he went there. Ole was the fans choice. All of them apart from Moyes were massively backed and with him, he got to spend big on Fellaini and Mata. 

You know what at least Perez and Agnelli are two of the least biggest hypocrites in the game. 

Micah making out that City's owners are like Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama rolled into one showed what a stupid knobhead he is and is a perfect example of a professional hypocrite. 

The Glaziors take large sums out every year, they put none of their money in. 

Leaches. 

Lest we forget Gary Neville's dad was called Neville Neville, Neville himself lasted approximately 25 minutes as manager of Valencia, and his brother was only women's England manager because the husbands didn't feel threatened. I'll take no lectures from that gene pool.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well I changed my comment. But I go the game too. I care more for this club than my own being. Two and a half weeks ago I felt like I’d lost the love of my life. What do I love about this club the most? The sense of belonging. The ‘us’ vs them. Vs everyone. Us. Without that nothing matters. If you go the game Scott you know what I’m talking about. 

I absolutely know what your talking about. 

But I refuse to get on board with the “Anti-ESL”, “Greed”, “Famine” lines of a today.

Today was about anti-Glazier. They didn’t do It when Ferguson was winning them the League and CL. 

“20 times, 20 times Man Utd...”. Yeah, 5 of them were under the Glazier and they weren’t doing this then. 

Do you think they were supporting us when Hodgepodge was selling Mascherano and buying Poulsen and Konchesky? Of course not. 

I know their supporters can’t control the Sky narrative, but the fact Neville (assisted by Carragher) let them hide behind the ESL and spread blame, when in reality, it was no such thing. 

I have zero problem with supporters protesting for what they believe in. Whether we’ve done it, Arsenal & Chelsea through the week or other clubs in the past - passionate, peaceful, safe. 

I agree with the mancs right to protest today. 100%. No doubt. I absolutely applaud the original sentiment. But throwing cans & barriers at the police, flares and cans at Sky staff, breaking cameras, trespass and getting the game postponed is absolutely not the way to do it. Ever. 

Look at that guy with the bottle broken across his face on the first page. Imagine that’s your Dad, Uncle, Brother, whatever. Unacceptable. 

I support the right to protest, I don’t support today’s actions. 

Couple of years ago I was in a pub in Chester with a mate who’s a City fan (2006/07 pre oil money) and United were playing Chelsea in the FA cup final.

His B-I-Law is a United fan, from Newcastle, who claimed he was born in Bandit country and then moved north and this gave him the right to be a United fan and he had come with us.

He was in the pub with us but him and his United “mates” were giving it all the Murderers shit etc., probably for my benefit, but given the game was nothing to do with us, I couldn’t get over the anti-scouse bile and I pulled him over it. His answer was that it was what they always sang and always had since he’d started supporting them.

He was probably 30 then.

Turns out he was born in Leigh, not Manchester, and when Drogba scored that goal right at the end of that final, he walked out leaving his pint and by the time we got back to his house, he’d gone to bed and refused to come down until we’d gone.

The City fan is sound, old style city fan, he’s uncomfortable with their ownership but to be fair has admitted he likes them winning stuff and there was no other way they were ever going to be able to do so. 
Found out later on he’d given the United fan a slap, for being a cunt in the pub, the next day.

Don’t know any United fans who come from the shithole itself.

22 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I saw Paul Weller on The Jonathan Ross Show, last night. After decades of crap hairdos, his hair looked pretty good. The best it has done since his Style Council days.

So that's who it was. I thought it was Edgar Winter.