You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Fans

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Quite.

“Always the victim...” is as much about Luis Suarez as today was about the ESL.

They are the biggest cunts I’ve experienced. And I included Evertonians in that. 

• Upvote 1

They should boycott club meechandise and hand over their season tickets if they want their club back. 

I remember getting to know this lovely Manc couple on holidays. My wife and the other wife hit it of first and me and the husband got friendly after a short bit of the old Manc-Scouse rodeo. This was around 2003 when they were top dogs. Told me he gave up his season ticket because of the greed of the owners (probably pre-Glazer) and how sterile the game was going etc. Had a proper rant about Sky too. Lovely old school football man who lived through the hooligan times etc and them being relegated. Told me he met Stanley a few times - funny enough had a proper laugh about getting chased around Scotland Road in the 70s and an old dear letting him hide in her garden. No malice like all the internet hardmen these days.

That's a real football fan. More than 98% of those Mancs would jizz themselves off for a Saudi owner. They just want to be top dogs again and don't give a fuck about the game. If they acknowledged that, I'd respect them more.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Is right. Good on them (apart from the few idiots) Football without fans is nothing. 

Agreed. Fair play to them. Only took a few hundred of them to get the biggest match in the country called off.

Very encouraging as absentee owners are often shielded by the physical distance they have from the club and the interchangeableness of fans, ie if one boycotts another immediately takes their place, but they've neutralised both with this move.

If there was planning and more of them, which there will surely be next time, they could cause enough disruption to compel the Government, or even the owners themselves, to look seriously at fan ownership.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Hahaha

Jay Glazer

NFL media guy,runs training programs for players etc has just tweeted to tell Utd fans to pretty much fuck off and stop telling him to sell the team as he isn't part of the family. Says how big a fan can you be if you don't know who the owners are

Haha- 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

Agreed. Fair play to them. Only took a few hundred of them to get the biggest match in the country called off.

Very encouraging as absentee owners are often shielded by the physical distance they have from the club and the interchangeableness of fans, ie if one boycotts another immediately takes their place, but they've neutralised both with this move.

If there was planning and more of them, which there will surely be next time, they could cause enough disruption to compel the Government, or even the owners themselves, to look seriously at fan ownership.

Fan ownership? You are having a laugh. If I was the owners I'd be seriously worried about putting a fan on the board who most likely voted for Brexit and an incompetent fool for a PM. I wouldn't trust them with my money or interests.

18 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The bottom line of today is them protesting because they aren’t as successful anymore.

Any other excuse or reason is bollocks and they can fuck off behaving like that and dragging us down with them. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

The bottom line of today is them protesting because they aren’t as successful anymore.

Any other excuse or reason is bollocks and they can fuck off behaving like that and dragging us down with them. 

Agreed. The veneer this was 'peaceful' is slowly being peeled away. Took souey to mention about the flare which the rest on the sky platform seemed to dismiss. Maybe when they see if it was another 4 foot higher it would have reached them they'd be squealing like pigs?

There's also more pictures turning up in newspaper reports of sky cameras being smashed, bottles and railings lobbed at police and stewards.

neville and carragher spouting the agenda about peaceful protest being allowed is correct. I can understand neville defending his fans but carragher comes across as a mega nob. This was anything other than peaceful and only someone with their head stuck up their arse would call it that.

Im fucking livid we get more shit over 2 coach windows than the mancs are getting for this violence. Smashing coach windows aint right but where the fuck was united's security never mind Gt Manchester Police?

• Upvote 1

The highlights of it I saw had loads of blokes with cans of beer in their hands. If pissheads are setting the agenda for the future of football, I am genuinely concerned about where it will end up.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The highlights of it I saw had loads of blokes with cans of beer in their hands. If pissheads are setting the agenda for the future of football, I am genuinely concerned about where it will end up.

My favourite bit was when they were outside the ground and the reporter was saying “It’s been largely peaceful” just as a load of mongrals were throwing cans at the police. 

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

neville and carragher spouting the agenda about peaceful protest being allowed is correct. I can understand neville defending his fans but carragher comes across as a mega nob. This was anything other than peaceful and only someone with their head stuck up their arse would call it that.

Carragher was pathetic today. Refusing to back to defend our club (you, me, the club, the owners, everybody) when Neville lumped us in this anti-ESL protest. 

No, we shouldn’t have been in the ESL but today wasn’t about the ESL. 

Funnily enough Neville, we’re not going to protest because your club isn’t as successful anymore. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Carragher was pathetic today. Refusing to back to defend our (you, me, the club, the owners, everybody) when Neville lumped us in this anti-ESL protest. 

No Gary, we’re not going to protest because your club aren’t as successful anymore. 

Carragher looked very uncomfortable, it's like he knew he was being Neville's bitch but didn't have the balls to stand up for what he truly thought. He looked like the kid sucking up to the bully as he didn't want to be bullied himself.