You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where will we finish?

lebron

Where will we finish?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Liverpool finishing position 20/21

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/21 at 14:45

On 02/05/2021 at 09:11, lebron said:

Some right negative fannies om the forum these days.

I still believe in Klopp and the boys, and also believe Rodgers will find a way to mess up.

4th for me.

Love quoting myself...

West Ham and Spurs mathematically out of it with that result. Two games to go for us, I actually think we might be ok with just winning at home to Palace now. Leicester look absolutely done. Would be typical us to make it more dramatic than it needs to be.

3rd: Chelsea 67 pts, GD 23+

4th: Leicester 66 pts, GD 20+

5th: Liverpool 63 pts, GD 21+

Prediction: 

Burnley - Liverpool   1-3

Leicester - Spurs    1-1

Liverpool - Palace   3-1

Villa - Chelsea       1-1

Not that it matters much, but 3rd sounds even better than 4th....

Let's go boys!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lebron said:

Love quoting myself...

West Ham and Spurs mathematically out of it with that result. Two games to go for us, I actually think we might be ok with just winning at home to Palace now. Leicester look absolutely done. Would be typical us to make it more dramatic than it needs to be.

3rd: Chelsea 67 pts, GD 23+

4th: Leicester 66 pts, GD 20+

5th: Liverpool 63 pts, GD 21+

Prediction: 

Burnley - Liverpool   1-3

Leicester - Spurs    1-1

Liverpool - Palace   3-1

Villa - Chelsea       1-1

Not that it matters much, but 3rd sounds even better than 4th....

Let's go boys!

How much more money would FSG get for 3rd? 

"Here Linda love, we're not just getting a new yacht, we're getting a fucking boss jet as well". (Hot Chocolate - Everyones a Winner playing in the background). 

One point off Chelsea and five points off Manchester United despite a largely horrific season. We’ll put it right up to City next season again.

Leicester will beat Spurs with ease, I reckon. Even by Levy’s standards, replacing Mourinho with a 29-year-old non-entity at this stage of the season was catastrophically stupid. 

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Rodgers now needs us or Chelsea to prevent him from being the undisputed Premier League champion of fucking up from a winning position.

I'm not Rodgers biggest fan but I do think the bottler tag is harsh. Last season they lost both fullbacks, Maddison and Ndidi for the run in, this season something similar. The position they were in was above their level to begin with so expecting them maintain that with injuries not far off what we have is unjustified. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm not Rodgers biggest fan but I do think the bottler tag is harsh. Last season they lost both fullbacks, Maddison and Ndidi for the run in, this season something similar. The position they were in was above their level to begin with so expecting them maintain that with injuries not far off what we have is unjustified. 

They have 17 points in their last 12 league games. That's poor.

Granted, they have had injuries to Evans for 3 games, but Justin, Barnes and Maddison have been the big losses. Barnes and Maddison out required a change to 3 at the back and bringing in Iheanacho. He has scored a hatful but the balance hasn't been the same. 

• Upvote 1

On 18/05/2021 at 22:28, Ronnie Whelan said:

How much more money would FSG get for 3rd? 

In terms of Premier League prize money, not a big difference. 

But the higher placement gets you a bigger slice of the Champions league TV money, so it's worth a fair bit, especially if we end up with 5 English teams in it. 

Those late draws with Leeds & Newcastle are really bugging me now. If we'd taken maximum points I reckon we could've stolen second from the Orcs given their patchy form recently.  

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

Those late draws with Leeds & Newcastle are really bugging me now. If we'd taken maximum points I reckon we could've stolen second from the Orcs given their patchy form recently.  

Still, that would have been an unlikely nine wins in a row. As horrific as the Newcastle ending was in particular,seven wins and two draws is a pretty great return with our current available players. We’ve done brilliantly. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

If they didnt happen, Allison doesn't score a header in the 94th minute v West Brom giving supporters staff and the team one of the few moments of unbridled joy of the season. 

Also, who wants to be going into the final day of the season with little to play for?  

Fuckit, you chose Liverpool- this is what you signed up for- nothing easy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

If they didnt happen, Allison doesn't score a header in the 94th minute v West Brom giving supporters staff and the team one of the few moments of unbridled joy of the season. 

Also, who wants to be going into the final day of the season with little to play for?  

Fuckit, you chose Liverpool- this is what you signed up for- nothing easy. 

There is that too I guess!