You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where will we finish?

lebron

Where will we finish?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Liverpool finishing position 20/21

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/21 at 14:45

21 hours ago, Trumo said:

At this point, top 4 is looking unlikely. We've taken an absolute kicking this season with form, fitness and fortune, and it now requires the players to at least show some fight rather than phone in their performances in our remaining games. It's pride that is at stake.

I agree. If we don’t win tomorrow (and even I think it’s unlikely) I hope we go down swinging, having thrown everything at them.

If we see another meek and tepid performance, which we’ve unfortunately seen a couple of sides this season, I’ll be hugely fucked off.

Tomorrow we need the same mentality as we had before beating Barcelona with Origi leading the line.

Unfortunately I see us in a fight for 5th with West Ham. Even if Leicester get beaten by Chelsea, they still get to 69 points and will beat us on goal dif, assuming we win all four. Which we won’t, based on what we’ve witnessed this season.

The only question is whether Chelsea finish ahead of Leicester or vice versa within the existing nailed on top four.

The only thing I will say, is that with luck next season, and better squad depth,  seeing how the Manure are probably going to win the Europa and finish 2nd in the league, we should be just as competitive next season and should at least do the same. That scum are not better than us.

2 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Unfortunately I see us in a fight for 5th with West Ham. Even if Leicester get beaten by Chelsea, they still get to 69 points and will beat us on goal dif, assuming we win all four. Which we won’t, based on what we’ve witnessed this season.

If both us and Leicester get 69 points it would take at least a 2 goal victory for Leicester on the last day v Spurs for them to beat us on GD.

And that is on the assumption that we win all of our 4 remaining games by 1 goal only and they only lose by 1 goal to Chelsea. 

I think if we win the 4 games we finish 4th. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Razoray said:

If both us and Leicester get 69 points it would take at least a 2 goal victory for Leicester on the last day v Spurs for them to beat us on GD.

And that is on the assumption that we win all of our 4 remaining games by 1 goal only and they only lose by 1 goal to Chelsea. 

I think if we win the 4 games we finish 4th. 

Edit: chatting bollox

• Upvote 1

In our own hands imo.

Win all our games and the worst case scenario Leicester would go into the last game at least 2 goals behind on GD .

( that's assuming we win our next two by just 1 goal and they lose by just one to Chelsea) .  Leaves them needing to beat Spuds by 2 more goals than we beat Palace.  All other permutations mean 69 pts would see us 4th .

I am now starting to believe, unfortunately it is the hope that kills you.

I know I shouldn't but Leeds and especially Newcastle are fucking pissing me off more and more. 

The Leeds one, they were getting more and more chances, so fair enough. Conceeding twice against Newcastle in injury time (I know VAR, ruled one out but that makes it worse not better) is just not acceptable.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

What do we reckon is the best result in the Leicester vs Chelsea game? 

Leicester win for me.

Leaves Chel on 64 after 37 games, so max of 67 points.

We are on 60 after 35, so possible 69 but means we could afford to drop 2 points and GD would come into play.

A Leicester win would have us exactly level with Chelsea at worst, if we only get 4 points from WBA and Burnley. That would be with us winning one of those by only 1 goal and them losing by only 1. In that scenario we would need to beat Palace by 1 more goal than they beat Villa. With fans in both grounds I'd make us big favourites.

Can't see any way Leicester can win at Chelsea though, tomorrow will be a big deal to them and they look like they're running on fumes as it is. Extra time and penalties tomorrow would be welcome. 

We're 20 points behind City.

Which is pretty much how many points they finished behind us last season.

It would have been 16 points had our 6th choice centre half been available for Leeds and Newcastle.

They had Laporte out injured for the second half of the season.

And they had £600mil of players to compensate for it.

We had our entire central defence obliterated by January, and half our midfield as a consequence.

We were top, and would have stayed top had we bought a proper centre half last summer or worst case, 1st January.

Hell, we may have stayed top had we stuck Fabinho back in midfield and risked Phillips and Williams from the 1st January.

Nothing will convince me otherwise.

We're going to smash all these cunts next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

What do we reckon is the best result in the Leicester vs Chelsea game? 

Chelsea to get 5th and lose the champions league final. 

I was all in on City not winning the CL ever but fuckit, they are here now and it will be as irrelevant as when Di Matteo won it with Chelsea.

Abramovich seems to be spending again but will Haaland or anyone of that calibre go there if they are in the Europa?

It also increases the chances of them getting shot of Tuchel earlier, as is their wont and hiring Big Brave JT.

Keep the cunts down. 

Burnley, West brom and Palace have lost a combined 51 times this season. If it was Chelsea or Leicester with those games, we'd think it was finished and rightly so. If we can't get 3 wins from that then we really do need a collective cunt in the bastard,or a bastard in the cunt of that's your persuasion

47 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If we get 4th and Chelsea miss out by finishing 5th yet win the CL final,is this any problem against us qualifying? Will the PL be allowed 5 teams?

In that scenario all 5 would go in to the CL. 

21 hours ago, Code said:

Where is the belief?

5C0D35A4-1915-4347-BEEF-0862030970A4.jpeg

I desperately hope you’re not setting yourself up for ridicule. 

Let’s get over the line before rolling out the “I told you so” line.

I sincerely hope you’re right. 

FWIW, I’d have voted 4th.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If we get 4th and Chelsea miss out by finishing 5th yet win the CL final,is this any problem against us qualifying? Will the PL be allowed 5 teams?

I don't think we do , especially if the scum win Europa League

Edit to say I'm talking bollocks , rules have changed so all 5 teams qualify.