You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Apr 24 - 30 2021)

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Apr 24:

L 1 Newcastle 1. What the fuck are they doing? If this game was a one off you’d look at it and wonder just how on earth that happened. I’d be feeling sorry for the players and saying just how unlucky it was. It’s not unlucky though is it? The same shit has been happening for months. Not so much the bottling it when defending a lead (that’s a new thing as we haven’t often had leads to defend) but this fucking woeful play in the final third has been killing us all season. Terrible finishing and generally just making bad decisions in good situations.

I don’t know what the answer is but there’s no way we can come back next season with the same front three (plus Jota). I’m like a broken record here but someone has to go as it needs breaking up. In an ideal world we’d keep all of them, bring in someone boss and let them all fight it out, but this is an FSG world and that’s obviously not an option. Someone has to go to free up the wages / fee to get someone else in. 

I know one thing though. Watching them isn’t fun anymore. They don’t even look like they enjoy playing with each other and haven’t done for some time. Even last year the drop off from them was obvious. They either no longer trust each other or they’re sick of each other. 

Mo is the only one playing with any freedom and confidence. I would have said Jota too but he was fucking horrendous today. Like really, really bad. He didn’t train on Thursday but Klopp said yesterday “No, Diogo is fine”, so maybe there’s something personal going on there we don’t know about. The point is, he gets a free pass for being mostly ace this season. Sadio and Bobby though, fucking hell.

We should have been out of sight long before the closing stages but even so, there’s no excuse for the way they shit down their own legs there. They were let off the hook by VAR (for once) but didn’t take advantage of that let off and fucked it up anyway. This is one of the many reasons I could never be a manager as if I was Klopp I’d have just gone postal on them after that. In fact, I’d have gone the full Phil Brown and just locked the dressing room and not even let them in. Get changed in the fucking corridor, knobheads. 

Sunday Apr 25:

Ok so it now looks like the ESL had consulted with Boris Johnson a few days before the announcement and been given his support. He is alleged to have met with Ed Woodward and given the green light to it, only to then give it the old “we won’t stand for this, football belongs to the people” spiel when he saw the reaction to it.

So now people are up in arms about it, but why? If you are surprised by this then you haven’t been paying attention. This is how rich people operate. And to Johnson everything is all just a game anyway. He lies through his teeth, he cheats, he takes whatever shortcuts are necessary to achieve what he wants. The outrage about this baffles me. There is not a single person who voted for him that didn’t know he was a colossal cunt. So don’t be getting all upset about his antics now. *points at Leicester fans*.

This Konate talk is rumbling on, to the point now where it feels like we’re almost entering ‘formality’ territory. I’m underwhelmed because Leipzig are the only defence in the last three months to make our forwards look dangerous, and because his injury record is right up there with Matip and Gomez. Imagine signing another defender who has missed 45 games in the last two seasons. The fuck are we doing here? He may well be an upgrade on Kabak but not when he’s in the fucking treatment room listening to Big Bird and his fun facts.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note 'that Was the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Top, top Boris Johnson analysis right there, Dave.

I also agree with you regarding the "inside training" videos. Haven't watched those in the past couple months because it is depressing seeing these lads look so confident in training, only to shit themselves on match day. To cheer myself up, I genuinely spent an hour or so today, catching up on the last few 10 minute highlights videos of the u-18s. Goals galore.

Regarding Konate, I'm thinking it is harsh to judge him from the quality of Leipzig's defence in our 2 games. Especially when he didn't play in either game!! Our medical team must be confident that there won't be long lasting effects arising from his one significant long term injury. So we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

You know who else is losing money hand over fist? High Horse FC. Those bastions of moral integrity are spending all kinds of money they don’t have. £140m losses in one year? They lost a fuckload the year before as well, and their wages are 89% of their turnover, which is really bad. They’ll carry on spending though because they’ve got Moshiri acting as a front for a dodgy Russian. One day they’ll go under, hopefully. I absolutely mean that too. Fuck them.

Catcher won't like that Dave you've poked a Hornets nest with that .

• Upvote 1

You know who else is losing money hand over fist? High Horse FC. Those bastions of moral integrity are spending all kinds of money they don’t have. £140m losses in one year? 

I didn't look at ours or the shites account's so I didn't know this. But now wandering why the catchercunt can only see dark times ahead for us?

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic