You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Apr 23-25 2021)

tlw content

It was only a little over a week ago that we were four points behind free-falling Leicester and thinking that third place was still a possibility. Since then, they won twice and we bottled two games and the gap is now back to eight. 

They’re off over the horizon and we ain’t catching them. It wouldn’t shock me if we didn’t even pick up eight more points between now and the end of the season. 

They fell behind at home to Palace on Monday when Zaha ran onto a through ball from Eze and beat Schmeichel. That Iheanacho twat then teed up Castagne for the equaliser and then he won it himself.

Iheanacho turning into prime Daniel Sturridge is one of the many shit things about this shit season. He’s been shite for about four years and now he’s just suddenly remembered how to play. Fuck him.

Leicester’s next match is against Southampton on Friday and given that the Saints have been on holiday for the last two months there’s every chance we’ll be 11 points behind Leicester after this weekend, as we’re clearly not getting anything from Old Trafford.

So we’re not catching Brendan and if we’re being completely honest with ourselves we know we aren’t catching Chelsea either. They have had the distraction of the league cup final and their involvement in the CL but it’s not hampered them that much and we weren’t able to close the gap on them when the opportunity was there. We fucked that right up with those pathetic draws with Leeds and Newcastle.

Chelsea came through their big showdown with West Ham this weekend and that result has probably ended the Hammers top four hopes. It feels like that was a game that had to win but in predictable Davey Moyes style they failed. They even let that turd Werner score the only goal of the game.

He scored just before half time with a close range finish but normal service was quickly resumed when he then missed an absolute sitter just after half time.

I know I’ve ripped the piss out of Werner a lot this season and I’ve taken great pleasure in being right about him not being all he was cracked up to be, but I didn’t think he’d be this bad and I expect him to be a lot better next season. It’s hard to imagine he could be any worse.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Peter Bankes is from Merseyside and I've been told that he is a blue. Given that his reffing shows he knows nothing about football, that seems about right. It would be in his intersets (or the interests) of Everton) to make sure there was a definite result in the Chelsea/West Ham game. What better way to do that than get one of the players of the losing team sent off? Kavanagh is a UEFA official, so obviously PGMOL think he's one of the best refs in the country. More evidence that Mike Riley must be sacked.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

You know that Moise Kean plays for them don't you?

Haha I'd forgotten about that. Oh well, serves them right. You lay down with dogs you get fleas. You can't be a European superpower when Everton is your feeder club.

• Upvote 1

Kudos, Dave, for continuing to watch all of this dross so the rest of us don't have to. How many half-decent matches have there been this season? I've watched hardly any football since the turn of the year and what I have watched has been crap. I can't think of a single redeeming feature of football this year.

• Upvote 4

• dave u unpinned this topic