You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Movies Tournament - 60's - Nominations

Bjornebye

Just now, Neil G said:

I’d be happy to count them up if you want Stig, as long as you still start and manage the thread. There will be too many bona fide classics that won’t even make the cut otherwise.

Still have the same number of films in the tournament, just drawn from a wider pool.

Nah I'll do it mate thanks though. I'll do 10 for 80's and 90's. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Neil G said:

I’ve been thinking the same about the 80s.

Would prefer more nominations each though, and keep it as one decade. The 80s is the decade when the majority of this forum fell in love with cinema I reckon, it’ll be impossible to narrow it down to 5. I would struggle to do it just with sci-fi films alone.

The 1880s in Stringvest's case.

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

We should have 10 for the 70s, mate Even if we were to discount The Godfather I & II, I reckon the overall winner will come from that decade.

Ok. I’m not gonna did-count any. If they win they win 

25 got over 1 vote so 4 groups of 5, 1 winner per group then a final group of the 5 winning films. 

Final cut:

The Magnificent Seven

The Great Escape

The Graduate

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

Cool Hand Luke

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Oliver!

Kes

The Wild Bunch

Dr Strangelove

Lawrence of Arabia