You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New TV

RedKnight

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Are Hisense any good? 

I know nothing about them and have always stuck to LG or Samsung. 

Some of the deals on Hisense are very tempting though. 

I’ve just got a new LG from Costco and they’ve got some decent deals on, depending on what size you want. Costco extend the warranty to five years too when you buy one off them. 

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Are Hisense any good? 

Amazon have got Prime day deals on LG and Samsung TVs today as well. 

• Upvote 1

As always, do your research. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that the TV I bought was what I needed. The biggest sticking point I had was that I felt old fashioned buying a Panasonic but the TV has had fantastic bench test and user reviews.

Hisense I don't know much about but, like LG and Samsung, they make TVs across the price range and I'd probably avoid the low end of the price market no matter who makes it.

On 20/06/2021 at 20:25, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve just got a new LG from Costco and they’ve got some decent deals on, depending on what size you want. Costco extend the warranty to five years too when you buy one off them. 

Only a 32”, it’s for the bedroom and nothing bigger will fit in the wall between the wardrobes. 

On 20/06/2021 at 17:07, lifetime fan said:

Are Hisense any good? 

They have motion issues from what I've read.

AV forums is usually a good source of information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 17/07/2021 at 21:40, Shooter in the Motor said:

I think that's what I have. LG C1. I got it a fair bit cheaper though as I got a UK version over here. Not arsed at all about picking up Dutch cable. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

So impressed with this lgc1 sometimes it makes me go wow and my missus just rolls her eyes. I think women have shit eyeballs. It was also a bastard to put on the wall as there's nowhere to really grab the TV other than the thin screen edges which made me nervous.

They look stunning those LG OLED’s. How is it when the room is bright? Lack of brightness compared to LCD is something that concerns me a bit with them.

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

They look stunning those LG OLED’s. How is it when the room is bright? Lack of brightness compared to LCD is something that concerns me a bit with them.

Seems fine it can easily be too bright. I did the best settings tutorials tried them all then reset the tv because I think all the options naturally on the TV look best, aside from turning off energy saving and such. Like someone said its down to preference.  LG make great TVs I've got a 10 year old one it's a 3d model I've kept but had 3 different living room TVs in between and it's still had a better picture than all of them including 2 4k tvs. This one though is next level. The c2 out this year the c1 is only going to drop on price too.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

When’s the best time to buy a 2021 telly? Don’t the prices drop round about now?

Yes, March, April. All the new models come out April/May, so should be deals on last year's. 

I am looking at Lg oled G1 65 inch. It was 2999 last year, dropped to 2199 and I saw it briefly a few weeks ago for 1999, plus additional 200 cash back. I am hoping it will drop to 1500 when the G2 comes out. 

Same for anyone looking at the C1, the C2 is due out soon.

This is from yesterday;

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/lg-tv-2022

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Yes, March, April. All the new models come out April/May, so should be deals on last year's. 

I am looking at Lg oled G1 65 inch. It was 2999 last year, dropped to 2199 and I saw it briefly a few weeks ago for 1999, plus additional 200 cash back. I am hoping it will drop to 1500 when the G2 comes out. 

Same for anyone looking at the C1, the C2 is due out soon.

This is from yesterday;

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/lg-tv-2022

Ta mate. What’s the difference between the C1 and G1? By the looks of this:

https://www.lg.com/uk/oled-tvs/2021/oled-buying-guide.html?cmpid=2022HQSEM_OLED-TV_UK_Google_OLED-Model-New_Core-Low_Phrase_C1_t130521573357643_mobile_EOL&utm_content=OLED-Model-New&utm_term=Core&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiAprGRBhBgEiwANJEY7PBM4k_8KcOFvfuEjShE4Qok7g4aePADv7euXKFnGf0RS-e5OTO5PRoCha0QAvD_BwE 

it seems it’s wall mounted vs a stand plus voice control. Is that it? 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

The wall mounting is a selling point but also;

The one crucial difference in the feature set is that the C1 has a standard OLED panel, whereas the G1 gets the next-generation 'OLED Evo' panel, which promises a brighter, sharper and more detailed performance.

However, even the comparison the above is taken from recommends the C1 overall.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/lg-c1-vs-lg-g1-which-is-the-best-2021-lg-oled-tv

My current TV is wall mounted, it annoys me how it stick out and I have a soundbar, so not concerned about the speaker quality. 

• Upvote 1

It's only the earlier issue of the C1 that didn't have the evo panel. If you buy one now it's more than likely going to have it. LG changed production specs. 

The G1 is supposed to still be a bit brighter but I think it's more firmware limited on the C1. 

The C1 has better speakers as it has more space for them. It actually sounds alright on the built in speakers but a soundbar is going to improve both. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you boys. Just on soundbars, how much do they add? All the Which? reports say the sound on the latest tellies is fantastic anyway. Do I really need one? Yes, I want great sound, but is it a big difference or just very nuanced stuff?