You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jan Transfers (Closes Wed 28th April 5pm)

Bruce Spanner

23 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

As a carry over from our summer business, structured into the deal was a January swap. 

Inter Yermam to The Champions

Tanguy Ndombele 

Arkadiusz Milik

The Champions to Inter Yermam

Leon Goretzka

Son Heung-Min

DONE DEAL

@Scott_M will be along shortly to confirm the deal. 

23 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Agreed. 

Spreadsheet updated.

Inter Yermam (Turdseye)

In: Leon Goretzka & Son Hueng-Min from The Champions (Scott_M)

Out: Tanguy Ndombele & Arkadiusz Milik to The Champions (Scott_M)

16 hours ago, John102 said:

@Bruce Spanner

In: Ospina & Zielinski (Napoli) 

Out: Navas & Costa

16 hours ago, John102 said:

@Bruce Spanner

In: Mojica & Muriel (Atalanta) 

Out: Higuian & Javi Martinez

Spreadsheet updated:

John102FC (John102)

In: David Ospina & Piotr Zielinski (Free Agent)

Out: Keylor Navas & Douglas Costa (Released)

In: Johan Mojica & Luis Muriel (Free Agent)

Out: Gonzalo Higuian & Javi Martinez (Released)

18 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Benzema for Saka then

As suspected bale is fucked

Cant run, wont run

@Bruce Spanner 

Also player swaps

Otavio out 

Samuel Chukwueze in 

17 hours ago, No2 said:

Deal.

Bale is not fucked, outstanding off the ball, wealth of experience. Just doesn't suit my George Graham style of football.

Picked up from the older transfer thread.

Spreadsheet updated.

Dukla Prague (Lee909)

In: Bukayo Saka from AC No D (No2)

Out: Karim Benzema to AC No D (No2)

In: Samuel Chukwueze (Free Agent)

Out: Otavio (Released)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

How many free agents we allowed to sign?

Don't think there is a limit to the number, but per trade, they must be from the same club.

So, if you wanted to sign 5 players from Werder Bremen for example, that would count as 1 trade, with 5 players being released back into Free Agency.

All free agent signings must adhere to the +/- 5 year age difference rule.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K
2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No like Emre above he’s just at the bottom and cropped out.

Just not playing any games for whatever reason.

Do you think its a bug in the game? RB looks like Witsel + Locatelli have been out variously, and as they're his only 2 CMs weird that Jorginho not getting minutes. Obviously can't be helped regardless, but just interesting if it may be (perhaps if the players are added to the squad outside of the normal window as I think they were?)

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

@Dynamite - the sheet is so helpful, thanks for pulling together

Would have been a pain in the bottom to track the transfers without it.

I have however missed the Jorginho transfer to rb14, so will add that now - I recall the late request from rb as a result of personal commitments that meant he couldn't be on during the transfer window.

On 19/04/2021 at 18:03, Bruce Spanner said:

I've changed it over Moussa Diaby traded out for Jorginho.

Nobody noticed the thread title is Jan transfers...

I forgot to update the spreadsheet for this late summer transfer, so I have now added the transfer to the transfer history sheet and updated rb's squad in the Season 2 sheet to reflect the transfer.

Spreadsheet updated (Transfer History sheet).

Rainbowl Aces (rb14)

In: Jorginho (Free Agent)

Out: Moussa Diaby (Released)

I have a few people who may, with mutually agreeable terms, be made available.

Robbo/Alba/Manolas/Umtiti.

I'm a little short with regards to my midfield. And, coincidentally, my winky woo. 

Anyone interested? 

24 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Do you think its a bug in the game? RB looks like Witsel + Locatelli have been out variously, and as they're his only 2 CMs weird that Jorginho not getting minutes. Obviously can't be helped regardless, but just interesting if it may be (perhaps if the players are added to the squad outside of the normal window as I think they were?)

I had the same thing with Jorginho in Season 1, and if a recall correctly, he didn't play much in our first game either - I forget who had him in the first game.

Both myself and rb use 4-2-3-1, so I think there's just a reluctance from the AI to play Jorginho in a CM role, which is odd as he's down as natural in both the CM and DM positions, with Deep-Lying Playmaker (Support) as his most natural role.

From the default database in the pre-game editor:

image.thumb.png.5df828a63f77271d557918a8403d61c4.png

Jorginho's first half of season 1 stats for me - with my other midfielders for comparison/reference:

Dynamite
(Deportivo Explosivo)
Apps (Sub) Goals Assists Average Rating
Toni Kroos 16 0 3 7.39
Nicolo Zaniolo 13 (2) 5 3 7.11
Luis Alberto 7 (8) 1 2 6.98
Jorginho 2 (5) 0 0 7.15
Sander Berge 15 (2) 0 3 7.31
Ilaix Moriba 3 (3) 2 1 7.17

Season 1 full stats:

Thiago 18 2 0 7.4
Toni Kroos 38 1 6 7.5
Nicolo Zaniolo 35 (5) 7 7 7.15
Luis Alberto 15 (23) 5 5 7.08
Jorginho 3 (7) 0 0 6.97
Sander Berge 25 (9) 1 6 7.32
Ilaix Moriba 5 (7) 3 1 7.05

Guest Alex_K
1 minute ago, Dynamite said:

I had the same thing with Jorginho in Season 1, and if a recall correctly, he didn't play much in our first game either - I forget who had him in the first game.

Both myself and rb use 4-2-3-1, so I think there's just a reluctance from the AI to play Jorginho in a CM role, which is odd as he's down as natural in both the CM and DM positions, with Deep-Lying Playmaker (Support) as his most natural role.

From the default database in the pre-game editor:

image.thumb.png.5df828a63f77271d557918a8403d61c4.png

Jorginho's first half of season 1 stats for me - with my other midfielders for comparison/reference:

Dynamite
(Deportivo Explosivo)
Apps (Sub) Goals Assists Average Rating
Toni Kroos 16 0 3 7.39
Nicolo Zaniolo 13 (2) 5 3 7.11
Luis Alberto 7 (8) 1 2 6.98
Jorginho 2 (5) 0 0 7.15
Sander Berge 15 (2) 0 3 7.31
Ilaix Moriba 3 (3) 2 1 7.17

Season 1 full stats:

Thiago 18 2 0 7.4
Toni Kroos 38 1 6 7.5
Nicolo Zaniolo 35 (5) 7 7 7.15
Luis Alberto 15 (23) 5 5 7.08
Jorginho 3 (7) 0 0 6.97
Sander Berge 25 (9) 1 6 7.32
Ilaix Moriba 5 (7) 3 1 7.05

Interesting! Yeah I really like Jorginhos profile -as you say perfect DLP with great passing range. Weird. 

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Interesting! Yeah I really like Jorginhos profile -as you say perfect DLP with great passing range. Weird. 

Just checked his hidden attributes too, and they too are really good, so I have no clue why the AI seems reluctant to use him.

32 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I have a few people who may, with mutually agreeable terms, be made available.

Robbo/Alba/Manolas/Umtiti.

I'm a little short with regards to my midfield. And, coincidentally, my winky woo. 

Anyone interested? 

Dejan Lovren and Alberto Moreno for Robbo?

I know you’re ripping me off there but I’m happy to do you the favour. 

• Upvote 2

Also I need to drastically change formation. Do I just send @Bruce Spanner a new formation or revised tactics aswell.

Enough enough with these useless fucks. They've spend the winter break with a ex French Foreign Legion Captain marching through the desert. 

March or die you bastards, it's character and team building. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Also I need to drastically change formation. Do I just send @Bruce Spanner a new formation or revised tactics aswell.

Enough enough with these useless fucks. They've spend the winter break with a ex French Foreign Legion Captain marching through the desert. 

Just the formation. He only alters his own tactics. Thinks nobody knows what he’s up to. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bruce / Dynamite , any idea why Callum Wilson is showing as u23 and hasn't played a single minute all season when I only have 3 strikers. Is he a doppelganger ?

The U23 status just means that the player has been demoted to the Under 23s squad.

He does have another info status that is hidden behind the U23, which I assume will be either Ask or Unh (Asking/Asked to leave or Unhappy) given that he hasn't played.

As for why he hasn't played, it may be that he'd had an injury to this point, or your AI manager simply doesn't rate him - Immobile and Lacazette are rated higher than Wilson in-game, so with just 1 striker spot open, your AI manager is only using these 2 to fill that role.

Looks to be a similar story with Zaha and Romagnoli (also been demoted to the U23s).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

What are you looking to change to? Let us know how you want to set it to and I'll check that there's a template available for Bruce to use.