You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

11 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Surprised we didn't get Manny and James Naisbett as linesmen with Eamonn Holmes on 4th official duty; VAR covered by Ferguson and Mike Riley coming out of retirement like The Rock at Wrestlemania to ensure the pain is amplified.

I've heard Howard Webb is guest of honour 

• Upvote 1

Well now top 4 is out the question and we literally have fuck all to play for other than maybe seeing a different game than we've seen played in the last 6 months I'd use this game to to avoid the embarrassment of the shithouse fair play award and go full yard dog. 

This season though when we want fight we get capitulation.

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

Would love Philips milner and robbo to do fernandes rashford and cavani on Thursday. Just out of sheer spite

Nah, that makes us as bad as the shithouses who live under a gigantic shadow across the park.

Let everyone laugh at us this season and let's hit back hard next season.

25 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Nah, that makes us as bad as the shithouses who live under a gigantic shadow across the park.

Let everyone laugh at us this season and let's hit back hard next season.

I agree but it would be sadisticly funny and I'm just pissed off at this entire cluster fuck of a season. We've fucked ourselves with those 6 home defeats in a row. Cunts all

21 minutes ago, niallers said:

I agree but it would be sadisticly funny and I'm just pissed off at this entire cluster fuck of a season. We've fucked ourselves with those 6 home defeats in a row. Cunts all

Been horrendously shite this season. Thank fuck it'll all be over soon.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Well now top 4 is out the question and we literally have fuck all to play for other than maybe seeing a different game than we've seen played in the last 6 months I'd use this game to to avoid the embarrassment of the shithouse fair play award and go full yard dog. 

This season though when we want fight we get capitulation.

It's not out of the question. Of course we can win 4 games. We're 9 points off Leicester and we have 4 games to play. They have 2 and one of them is with chelsea. It'll be far from easy, but if we win all 4 games, I still think we'll do it. 

On 06/05/2021 at 03:49, an tha said:

They'll rest everyone for leicester and save them for us.

Any hope we had of leicester dropping pts to them now gone.

It was inevitable postponing this game would fuck us over.

Yep City lost to Chelsea, the deliberate penalty miss said it all, Guardiola wants Klopp out of his hair, no champions league next year, hence no drawing power to attract big names, and Utd may have just deliberately put the final nail in our coffin. 

• Downvote 2

A telling point in the "their fans are the saviours of football with every right to protest" narrative: after that last night, has their been any introspection or contrition from any of their fans - even remotely acknowledging that there are wider effects of their actions that weekend? They could still justify it, but just even slightly accept that it's had a knock-on effect on other clubs?

Nah, it's just been wall to wall "you made your bed dippers" shit, they can't believe their luck that they get to act all high and fucking mighty whilst also fucking things up for others. There's no care from their end about the wider game or other clubs, so once again: fuck the solidarity shit; they're a cunt of a club whose fanbase and parasitic owners deserve one another. Long live the hole in the Old Trafford roof.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, leslie said:

Yep City lost to Chelsea, the deliberate penalty miss said it all, Guardiola wants Klopp out of his hair, no champions league next year, hence no drawing power to attract big names, and Utd may have just deliberately put the final nail in our coffin. 

we are in the position we are in through our inability to find the back of the net since Christmas.Yes we have issues at the back but with the points we have lost most of the times would could of had the game wrapped up if we had put our chances away and some of those were sitters

We would have done no different to Utd if the rolls were reversed and we where playing 3 games in 5 days and it was pretty clear what they were going to do the moment the game was called off you could be blind and still see what was going to happen 

There is no conspiracy we only have ourselves to blame its that simple  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's not out of the question. Of course we can win 4 games. We're 9 points off Leicester and we have 4 games to play. They have 2 and one of them is with chelsea. It'll be far from easy, but if we win all 4 games, I still think we'll do it. 

If Chelsea win today I think it is over -  our best case scenario is 69 points with maybe plus 23 or 24.

Leicester will go all out in the cup final - that would be a huge win for them. No idea their history there but they cannot have won it many times.

40 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If Chelsea win today I think it is over -  our best case scenario is 69 points with maybe plus 23 or 24.

Leicester will go all out in the cup final - that would be a huge win for them. No idea their history there but they cannot have won it many times.

Leicester have never won the FA Cup.

Jurgen Klopp says it is ‘a crime’ that Manchester United were forced to play three games in five days ahead of Thursday’s rescheduled meeting with his Liverpool side.

Klopp backed rival Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's decision to make ten changes in Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Leicester City, despite the result having potentially grave consequences for Liverpool’s fading top four ambitions.

Liverpool head to Old Trafford on Thursday knowing anything less than victory effectively ends their chances of playing in next year’s Champions League. 

But Klopp said if that proves to be the case, his club will only have itself to blame for squandering too many opportunities to increase the pressure on those they are chasing.

“It was the line up I expected,” Klopp said of United’s starting XI. “Not exactly, but I knew he had to make these changes. To play Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday is a crime. It is. But it is not the fault of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the players.

“My question to myself was: would I have done the same? Yes. You have to. We are late in the season, all the players played a lot of games. United went to the Europa League final so that means an awful lot of games and now you get Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. That is not possible.”

Klopp suggested the Premier League could have rejigged the calendar to ensure no-one was disadvantaged. There were discussions about rescheduling Liverpool’s trip to West Bromwich Albion this weekend, allowing United extra recovery time to play Klopp's team this Sunday, but a move needed the agreement of the Midlands side. 

“The explanation from the Premier League was that no other team should suffer because of the things that happened in Manchester,” said Klopp, referencing the fans' protests which led to their first game being postponed.

“Let me say it like this - that didn’t work out pretty well. A little bit West Ham, a little bit Liverpool (suffered). But if we don’t qualify for  the Champions League it is not the fault of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his team selection or the Premier League. It is our fault. But in this specific case I think things could have been done differently, definitely. But we get more and more used to things rarely going in your favour or direction. It is just accepted as how it is.”

Manchester United will make changes from the team defeated by Leicester when they face Liverpool. Solskjaer brushed aside concerns over the integrity of the top-four race being compromised by saving his first-team players.

“My job is Man United and my concern is the Man United fans, what they think about my team, what they want from my team and that we come together as one and show what Man United is,” said Solskjaer.

“There’ll be changes, of course, but many of the players that played against Leicester did really well, so they're in contention as well. It's about managing the squad now, building momentum and confidence, making sure we get enough points to get second and then going into the final confident.”

Klopp, meanwhile, has ruled out his skipper Jordan Henderson playing for his club this season. But he says that will be good news for England coach Gareth Southgate because Henderson’s return to fitness will coincide with the European championships.

“That is a decision between Gareth and Hendo but I think there is a chance for sure. Unfortunately not for us but for England,” said Klopp.

“Hendo didn't train yet with the team but it will probably be around the last week when he will have the chance to train with us but he will have been out too long to play for us. He would be completely fit and what makes it really different to all other English players probably, maybe Declan Rice as well, is that he would be properly rested. That means Hendo has a proper ‘pre-season’ for the Euros if everything works to plan. He is not out of that.”

Southgate will also be encouraged by the latest bulletin on Harry Maguire’s fitness, with Solskjaer suggesting he may recover from his ankle problem in time to return for the Europa League final and will be okay for international duty.

“The good news is it wasn’t broken, there was no fracture, but a ligament injury is serious,” said Solskjaer.

“I don’t think he’ll play in the league again but we'll do everything we can to get him ready for the final.

“If he’s ready for us he’ll be ready for the Euros.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/12/jurgen-klopp-crime-man-utd-have-play-three-games-five-days/

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Jurgen Klopp says it is ‘a crime’ that Manchester United were forced to play three games in five days ahead of Thursday’s rescheduled meeting with his Liverpool side.

Klopp backed rival Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's decision to make ten changes in Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Leicester City, despite the result having potentially grave consequences for Liverpool’s fading top four ambitions.

Liverpool head to Old Trafford on Thursday knowing anything less than victory effectively ends their chances of playing in next year’s Champions League. 

But Klopp said if that proves to be the case, his club will only have itself to blame for squandering too many opportunities to increase the pressure on those they are chasing.

“It was the line up I expected,” Klopp said of United’s starting XI. “Not exactly, but I knew he had to make these changes. To play Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday is a crime. It is. But it is not the fault of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the players.

“My question to myself was: would I have done the same? Yes. You have to. We are late in the season, all the players played a lot of games. United went to the Europa League final so that means an awful lot of games and now you get Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. That is not possible.”

Klopp suggested the Premier League could have rejigged the calendar to ensure no-one was disadvantaged. There were discussions about rescheduling Liverpool’s trip to West Bromwich Albion this weekend, allowing United extra recovery time to play Klopp's team this Sunday, but a move needed the agreement of the Midlands side. 

“The explanation from the Premier League was that no other team should suffer because of the things that happened in Manchester,” said Klopp, referencing the fans' protests which led to their first game being postponed.

“Let me say it like this - that didn’t work out pretty well. A little bit West Ham, a little bit Liverpool (suffered). But if we don’t qualify for  the Champions League it is not the fault of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his team selection or the Premier League. It is our fault. But in this specific case I think things could have been done differently, definitely. But we get more and more used to things rarely going in your favour or direction. It is just accepted as how it is.”

Manchester United will make changes from the team defeated by Leicester when they face Liverpool. Solskjaer brushed aside concerns over the integrity of the top-four race being compromised by saving his first-team players.

“My job is Man United and my concern is the Man United fans, what they think about my team, what they want from my team and that we come together as one and show what Man United is,” said Solskjaer.

“There’ll be changes, of course, but many of the players that played against Leicester did really well, so they're in contention as well. It's about managing the squad now, building momentum and confidence, making sure we get enough points to get second and then going into the final confident.”

Klopp, meanwhile, has ruled out his skipper Jordan Henderson playing for his club this season. But he says that will be good news for England coach Gareth Southgate because Henderson’s return to fitness will coincide with the European championships.

“That is a decision between Gareth and Hendo but I think there is a chance for sure. Unfortunately not for us but for England,” said Klopp.

“Hendo didn't train yet with the team but it will probably be around the last week when he will have the chance to train with us but he will have been out too long to play for us. He would be completely fit and what makes it really different to all other English players probably, maybe Declan Rice as well, is that he would be properly rested. That means Hendo has a proper ‘pre-season’ for the Euros if everything works to plan. He is not out of that.”

Southgate will also be encouraged by the latest bulletin on Harry Maguire’s fitness, with Solskjaer suggesting he may recover from his ankle problem in time to return for the Europa League final and will be okay for international duty.

“The good news is it wasn’t broken, there was no fracture, but a ligament injury is serious,” said Solskjaer.

“I don’t think he’ll play in the league again but we'll do everything we can to get him ready for the final.

“If he’s ready for us he’ll be ready for the Euros.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/12/jurgen-klopp-crime-man-utd-have-play-three-games-five-days/

That's a winner right there.

No excuses, owns his mistakes and honest.

Polar opposite to Ole.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, leslie said:

What hair ?

• Upvote 1