You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No one is saying there shouldnt be any consequences for the mancs. Im saying the club hasnt bent over as you say just because we havent been awarded points and they havent had any deducted. Yet.

Im saying there are consequences for pushing the nuclear button in the first instance. Neither you nor I dont know if the club played hardball over the re arranged fixture. Some people were saying the WBA game should have been moved. Why the fuck should they be dragged into it? Do you think they should just bend over and accept their fixture being shifted? The actual fuck?

I dont know the full PL rule book so Im not sure there are no rules they couldnt punish the 6 clubs. But I know sure as fuck if the PL did start deducting points off united, the gobshites running the show like parish, barber, kenwright \ moshi would be planning their own nuclear option for the 6.

Like I said, consequences.

Lets face facts fuck all will happen to the Mancs and fuck all will happen to the "6".  The PL will just go all beachball or City's Covid bullshit and add/change the rules so no other fucker can take advantage like those that have just gotten away with it.

2 hours ago, J-V said:

I expect the club the demand the forfeit of the game and the 3 points awarded to us.  You know the league rules.

Not surprising the club have bent over when a load of cucks on here we’re praising the riot.  Don’t want to upset the natives twice in a couple of weeks.

Who's on here praising the riot? I think we all agree with you but it was never going to happen. No sense going on about something out of our control.

I don't think the  ESL clubs have broken any rules which is why it's all gone silent about punishment.  They didn't actually join another competition - so no breach of that particular rule. The ESL contract is also supposed to say that the clubs would join the ESL in accordance with all their existing obligations to the various domestic leagues  ( i.e.after negotiating an exit) - so no breach of the wooly disrepute or good faith clauses.   

We can hardly go demanding anything to the FA after the stunt we pulled trying to join the ESL.  We've got our tail well and truly between our legs at the moment. 

Finishing in the top four now is long gone. We've only won 4 of our last 10 league games, we aren't going to miraculously win 5 in a row.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

Will we not receive more TV money as a result of the United game going ahead? If so, you can forget demanding a walkover as a matter of principle... 

Good question and I dont know the answer. I think a point some folk might have overlooked in all this though is that jurgen and the players would want to play the game rather than just be awarded 1 or 3 points?

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

they now says deduct points off the 6 for the attempted breakaway, the league has created the precedent.

How does penalizing a team for a match postponed in the PL create a precedence for 6 teams actions toward a league that has nothing to do with the PL?

6 hours ago, aws said:

I'm not surprised WBA resisted  but I thought the Prem and the broadcasters had the final say. If a club can just say no, then I don't see why we agreed to the rearranged date which does us no favours at all. 

I think broadcasters have control over the set of fixtures but don't control postponed games and they can't force wba to cancel. And as far as I know, neither can the PL - is the WBA game not part of a regular fixture weekend? 

And I think ultimately we have to agree to something. I might be wrong but I thought the process for rearranging games came down to the 2 clubs, which then gets approved by the PL and the broadcasters. If the 2 clubs fail to agree, the PL impose a date. 

You're probably right but it's interesting that the WBA game was scheduled for the Tuesday a couple of weeks ago and then got put back to the Sunday presumably because it suited everybody at the time.   

Crackle coming out and saying with their fixture congestion he isn't arsed if he distorts the champions league battle by playing a weakened side. That will be against Leicester and a full strength side against us. Can't blame him really to be fair but he's such a little fart. 

On 06/05/2021 at 19:25, aws said:

You're probably right but it's interesting that the WBA game was scheduled for the Tuesday a couple of weeks ago and then got put back to the Sunday presumably because it suited everybody at the time.   

Wasn't that something to do with Burnley and the rest of those fixtures getting moved to accommodate every team getting 1 crack at a home game in front of fans so it had to be after may 17th. Then wba moved into that gap. 

31 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Taylor is the Ref and Tierney is on Var well 4th was always a pipe dream wasn't it 

Surprised we didn't get Manny and James Naisbett as linesmen with Eamonn Holmes on 4th official duty; VAR covered by Ferguson and Mike Riley coming out of retirement like The Rock at Wrestlemania to ensure the pain is amplified.

Good. Just give us the 3 points you Manc bastards. 

Wonder if any of them will travel to Gdansk if they are allowed to and stop the final?. Somehow I think they will decide to let them play that night. 

Or does it only matter when they are protesting at a game that makes no difference to their final league placing?

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Fuck me " we decide when you play " , who do these Plebs think they are 

They are the saviours of English Football aren't they? Only they can restore balance & bring the game back to the common folk. Only they will allow their club to remain competitive without spending too much cash and only they will ensure we will never see another lower league club go to the wall.