You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

1 hour ago, an tha said:

They'll rest everyone for leicester and save them for us.

Any hope we had of leicester dropping pts to them now gone.

It was inevitable postponing this game would fuck us over.

Obviously, how we have just rolled over and let them fuck us over is frankly disgusting. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

And we get just a three day turnround for WBA. We should have insisted on the Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Obviously, how we have just rolled over and let them fuck us over is frankly disgusting. 

Apart from playing it on Monday or Tuesday of this week any potential other date was going to fuck us over somehow.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Apart from playing it on Monday or Tuesday of this week any potential other date was going to fuck us over somehow.

We could have played WBA on the Weds and Mancs on the Sunday. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

There’s plenty to hate on the mancs but hoping they beat other teams to help us get the top 4 doesn’t come into it for me.

we’ve only ourselves to blame for this shitshow of a season.

our home record has been a disaster and throwing away winning positions in our last couple of matches against Leeds and Newcastle - top 4 is done. Even if the Mancs did beat Leicester we won’t catch them.

• Upvote 2

Struggling to get worked up about this as we're shite and were never getting anywhere near Leicester anyway. I'll be surprised if we even catch West Ham.

Playing on a Wednesday rather than Thursday isn't going to make any difference as we've been shite whether we've had a week, two weeks or two days to prepare. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

There’s plenty to hate on the mancs but hoping they beat other teams to help us get the top 4 doesn’t come into it for me.

we’ve only ourselves to blame for this shitshow of a season.

our home record has been a disaster and throwing away winning positions in our last couple of matches against Leeds and Newcastle - top 4 is done. Even if the Mancs did beat Leicester we won’t catch them.

Of course - we have been shite and frankly an embarrassment - spineless, gutless and meek in face of adversity....

But one of the teams we are chasing now being very likely handed a much simpler task than had fixture list not been messed with by the manc bastards does not help.

Leicester will now probably face a much weakened manc side.

Turnaround to our next game is less of an issue for me - it is in my book simply a case of the dynamic of leicester v the mancs changing so much that irritates me....we probably wouldn't have caught them i agree but never know - this for me makes it pretty much impossible.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Of course - we have been shite and frankly an embarrassment - spineless, gutless and meek in face of adversity....

But one of the teams we are chasing now being very likely handed a much simpler task than had fixture list not been messed with by the manc bastards does not help.

Just reminds me a bit of warnock pissed off that Rafa played a weak team in the league at the end of the season.

if you’ve put yourself in a situation with a handful of games to go that your relying on other teams to do you a favour you should be pissed off at your own teams failings.

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

Struggling to get worked up about this as we're shite and were never getting anywhere near Leicester anyway. I'll be surprised if we even catch West Ham.

Playing on a Wednesday rather than Thursday isn't going to make any difference as we've been shite whether we've had a week, two weeks or two days to prepare. 

This.

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Just reminds me a bit of warnock pissed off that Rafa played a weak team in the league at the end of the season.

if you’ve put yourself in a situation with a handful of games to go that your relying on other teams to do you a favour you should be pissed off at your own teams failings.

Yes, but the issue of leicester facing a weakened mancs team only exists because of the manc rats support - why should we potentially suffer.

OK its a long shot anyway - i know that, but it just got a lot longer through no fault of ours.

Is what it is now anyway.

• dave u changed the title to Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm
2 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Yes - The offal have it down as being on Sky:

image.png.d26211403b8cc59c438bd5e57a9a0e1d.png

I haven't looked at the table in a while but I'd be surprised if any of those 5 teams would change a single place if they lost all 5 games. They are handpicked fixtures, go and get the 15 points and see where it takes us.

We won't get 4th. I wish it was just confirmed to be honest. I'd rather see some kids gets a few minutes and I'd be very tempted to give the likes of Robbo, Trent etc and any going to the euros a early break for a few weeks. 

14 hours ago, an tha said:

Surely they'll be wanting to secure 2nd place and a win against Leicester would pretty much do that? If the mancs lose both games that week, Leicester could very well catch them. 

12 hours ago, aws said:

We could have played WBA on the Weds and Mancs on the Sunday. 

Why would WBA agree to that? I know they're almost down as they need 4 wins, but surely at this point they want to give themselves the best chance of that and that's us playing on a Thursday before we play them. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Bizarre how anyone can think we've 'just rolled over.' Do they expect the club to magic up another day to play that gives us a longer break?!

I expect the club the demand the forfeit of the game and the 3 points awarded to us.  You know the league rules.

Not surprising the club have bent over when a load of cucks on here we’re praising the riot.  Don’t want to upset the natives twice in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Surely they'll be wanting to secure 2nd place and a win against Leicester would pretty much do that? If the mancs lose both games that week, Leicester could very well catch them. 

Why would WBA agree to that? I know they're almost down as they need 4 wins, but surely at this point they want to give themselves the best chance of that and that's us playing on a Thursday before we play them. 

I'm not surprised WBA resisted  but I thought the Prem and the broadcasters had the final say. If a club can just say no, then I don't see why we agreed to the rearranged date which does us no favours at all. 

44 minutes ago, J-V said:

I expect the club the demand the forfeit of the game and the 3 points awarded to us.  You know the league rules.

Not surprising the club have bent over when a load of cucks on here we’re praising the riot.  Don’t want to upset the natives twice in a couple of weeks.

The club hasnt bent over. You can demand what you want but you dont look beyond the consequences.

OK, so we 'demand' the 3 points. For starters, the league can point to the rule that says a club can be penalised either 1 or 3 points. The PL could argue given our recent and historic form in the fixture, all we'd be due is 1 point.

Now we've been awarded 1 point and you'd still be saying the club bent over despite you now knowing the rules.

And what about the other 14 clubs? You probably dont think it would enbolden them more, them seeing the PL deduct points off united, they now says deduct points off the 6 for the attempted breakaway, the league has created the precedent.

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The club hasnt bent over. You can demand what you want but you dont look beyond the consequences.

OK, so we 'demand' the 3 points. For starters, the league can point to the rule that says a club can be penalised either 1 or 3 points. The PL could argue given our recent and historic form in the fixture, all we'd be due is 1 point.

Now we've been awarded 1 point and you'd still be saying the club bent over despite you now knowing the rules.

And what about the other 14 clubs? You probably dont think it would enbolden them more, them seeing the PL deduct points off united, they now says deduct points off the 6 for the attempted breakaway, the league has created the precedent.

I’d take the 1 point there has to be a consequence for these plebs having a game called off.  A simple fixture rearrangement that suits them more than anything is taking the piss. 1 or 3 points will not get us top 4 at this point that went ages ago.  It's more the principal.

There’s fuck all in any rules about clubs not being allowed to start a New European competition which is fuck all to do with the PL anyway. So yeah the other 14 can try what they like I hope they do as it will push the ESL back into the conversation.

Both of these Manc cunts have had fixtures called off this season one for covid which allowed them to rest their vast squad and play was it Chelsea with a near full team a few days later and now the other cunts because a bunch of scruffs fancied a riot as they want another billion to spend on shit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

I’d take the 1 point there has to be a consequence for these plebs having a game called off.  1 or 3 points will not get us top 4 at this point that went ages ago.

There’s fuck all in any rules about clubs not being allowed to start a New European competition which is fuck all to do with the PL anyway. So yeah the other 14 can try what they like I hope they do as it will push the ESL back into the conversation.

No one is saying there shouldnt be any consequences for the mancs. Im saying the club hasnt bent over as you say just because we havent been awarded points and they havent had any deducted. Yet.

Im saying there are consequences for pushing the nuclear button in the first instance. Neither you nor I dont know if the club played hardball over the re arranged fixture. Some people were saying the WBA game should have been moved. Why the fuck should they be dragged into it? Do you think they should just bend over and accept their fixture being shifted? The actual fuck?

I dont know the full PL rule book so Im not sure there are no rules they couldnt punish the 6 clubs. But I know sure as fuck if the PL did start deducting points off united, the gobshites running the show like parish, barber, kenwright \ moshi would be planning their own nuclear option for the 6.

Like I said, consequences.