You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

1 minute ago, Mathewbet1 said:

i'd be recharging the fuel for our coach, right back at man utd, see how they like that, how much did this escapade cost interms of rearranging, must a few hundred thousand?

Hotels for the squad / coaches and matchday staff for us and them, police costs and stewards, unusable leftover prawn sandwiches probably around £100k at least, Saving football as we know it...... Priceless.!!

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think Utd would be delighted if we just got a point and missed top 4 as a result.

Probably. But any points deductions from them and award to us under PL rules is not going to result in them missing out of the CL or us qualifying so the punishment should just be viewed for what it is.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Probably. But any points deductions from them and award to us under PL rules is not going to result in them missing out of the CL or us qualifying so the punishment should just be viewed for what it is.

Just one point would effectively any slim chance we have of qualifying whilst no points for them would make no difference. The reality we would be punished for their fans stopping the game being played . 

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Just one point would effectively any slim chance we have of qualifying whilst no points for them would make no difference. The reality we would be punished for their fans stopping the game being played . 

Yes but morally we'd be victorious. 

Hey, if it works for the Shite!

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

Yes but morally we'd be victorious. 

Hey, if it works for the Shite!

Indeed.

I actually think they will find a date to play it . If we got the points then qualified for Europe there would be massive complaints from Chelsea or Leicester.  The PL will avoid it if at all possible. 

I dont want free points but in no way should we bend to suit their fixtures or put our own fitness for other games at risk. 

Obviously being a club that bends over and takes it up the arse I expect we will move heaven and earth to make sure Uniteds fixtures aren't spoilt.

I really cant be arsed with football anymore its pure pantomime, it's now at the point its almost embarrassing to be associated with it.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Probably. But given our recent form and results there, Im inclined to think the PL would only give us 1 point if they dont rearrange the game.

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Probably. But given our recent form and results there, Im inclined to think the PL would only give us 1 point if they dont rearrange the game.

You can't just deny a side the chance to claim all 3 points. It's either 3 points or better yet the game is moved to suit our needs 

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Not sure if this is correct but interesting...

Screenshot_20210503-171710_Facebook.jpg

I imagine they'll weasel out if it by saying the fans weren't part of the official match day crowd, so technically aren't their responsibility and are considered an external influence on the match being postponed.

I'll take the three points, fuck what everyone thinks.

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

In terms of resheduling it, the only way to do it now would be to bring our game against West Brom forward to the 12th of May and play United  on the 15th/16th?

It's really unfair on us to do that. 

I will be amazed if this doesn't happen.

26 minutes ago, aws said:

No reason why it couldn't have been played today or tomorrow. Perhaps a bit close to their Roma game but that's their problem. Why has their problem become our problem? 

Jurgen might not have wanted to play so soon? He is big on preparations. I know folk will say it's only 24 hours but we dont know what goes on behind the scenes and the mindsets involved.

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

In terms of resheduling it, the only way to do it now would be to bring our game against West Brom forward to the 12th of May and play United  on the 15th/16th?

It's really unfair on us to do that. 

Liverpool were forced to play games on consecutive days for having the temerity to qualify for the World Club Championship while still being in the League Cup.

The postponement is entirely the fault of Manchester United.  It should be rearranged to a date that suits us; if it's inconvenient for them, tough shit.

The game will be played

If we were awarded anything and pipped someone to 4th there would be uproar from West Ham and Chelsea, if we ,missed out by 1pts because we got 1pts as they declared it a draw we would be going mental. 

It'll be played and sky will try and get it forced before we are eliminated from the top 4 race so it means something. they love it to a must win for us

Have to say fair play to Souness yesterday. He’s getting pelters from some but he cut right to the heart of the bullshit.

He’s still the best pundit around, he’s the only one brave enough to speak his mind any doesn’t engage in sensationalism or a condescending populist narrative like the two prime bellends Neville & Carragher.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Have to say fair play to Souness yesterday. He’s getting pelters from some but he cut right to the heart of the bullshit.

He’s still the best pundit around, he’s the only one brave enough to speak his mind any doesn’t engage in sensationalism or a condescending populist narrative like the two prime bellends Neville & Carragher.

Carragher seems to like to throw the digs at Souness lately all started during Souness saying Pickford set out to hurt VVD or to nail him or words to that effect. 

Just read this in the mirror

We better not fucking bend over for these, force them to play the pile up. Might not matter for us in the end but fuck helping them out 

Liverpool will not ask the FA to award them the game, after their visit to Old Trafford was called off due to safety worries.

According to the rules, the governing body CAN declare the fixture will not be replayed at a later date, and instead award the three points to the Reds, if they decide it was “abandoned due to the conduct of one Club or its supportersBut the Anfield club have no interest in pursuing such an outcome, and instead will work with Manchester United to find a date for the fixture to be completed.

That will prove tricky, with the Manchester club involved in a Europa League semi final this week. They also have the following two midweek slots taken up with Premier League fixtures against Leicester and FulhaBut United do have a free date on the weekend of May 15, when Liverpool are due to play West Brom on the 16th.

Liverpool have still to be given a date for their visit to Burnley, which is due to be played on one of the midweek days of May 18, 19, or 20th.

So it is possible if the West-Brom Liverpool game is brought forward, and the Burnley game put back, the fixture could be squeezed in around that time.Alternatively, United may be asked to play two games in three days, with Liverpool having a free midweek next week, when United are due to face Leicester on May 12.

18 hours ago, Mook said:

It's not their business now though, they've brought Liverpool into it.

There is absolutely no way this game should be rescheduled. We should be given the three points to show that supporters can't just get games postponed whenever they feel like it.

There's no conflict about this in my mind, Man Utd are cunts & I hope the Glazers put them out of business.

Even as dead a rubber as this was, it's still the biggest TV game of the season internationally for the PL, so I can't see them (or indeed either of the clubs) wanting the game not to happen. It'll undermine the product too much and ultimately cost the greedy cunts money..what's right by the rules will have fuck all to do with it. 

12 hours ago, Aventus said:

I imagine they'll weasel out if it by saying the fans weren't part of the official match day crowd, so technically aren't their responsibility and are considered an external influence on the match being postponed.

I'll take the three points, fuck what everyone thinks.

Their own staff opened the gate! 

10 hours ago, Butch said:

It was better when they were shit. 

They still are. They are on track to get 77 points. That's about what we used to get in the early years of Klopp before we became good. 

Maybe if they buy the equivalent of Aliisson and VVD and kick on to compete and win for league titles and champions leagues then they might bother me but at the moment they are acting like a pig in shit because they are 13 points behind City and in a Europa league final. 

I guarantee that if we don't win the league next year it won't be because Utd pipped us. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Alternatively, United may be asked to play two games in three days, with Liverpool having a free midweek next week, when United are due to face Leicester on May 12.

Do this. The game is bound to be replayed and the date should be one that disproportionately inconveniences the club responsible.  If United bitch about congestion, just say "You should have had some security on, then."

• dave u changed the title to Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm