You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

So we go from playing them on back of us having a weeks rest and them playing on thurs before game was due to probably having to play them either off back of a 48 hr turnaround or only with 48 hrs to our next game.

Cunts.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

So we go from playing them on back of us having a weeks rest and them playing on thurs before game was due to probably having to play them either off back of a 48 hr turnaround or only with 48 hrs to our next game.

Cunts.

We could always just invade the stadium, slash a copper's face & get it postponed again.

I have to say I'm conflicted by the whole thing.  I'm surprised to see so many people essentially on the side of the Glazers.

Many United fans have tried to stop them/get rid of them since day one. The creation of FC United of Manchester was born out of the Glazer take over. I suspect the main thing that stopped the protests in larger numbers were that Alex Ferguson didn't speak out against them and fans felt loyalty to him. 

Some people have questioned the timing of this, but right now United are in the best position since Ferguson left. They are second in the league and on the cusp of a Europa final. The attempted creation of the  ESL has stoked the fires within the fanbase at that club. I don't know if this will bring about the change they want though?

Neville can fuck off though. He didn't say anything for the first 15 and a half years they were in charge. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

The only thing sure is the date will be another chance to whinge about how it's ever so unfair on Liverpool and wouldn't happen to any other club. 

God I look forward to that. Although I bet other fans can whinge about it but when we do it the media will twist the boot, and it’ll all be Jamie Carraghers fault because murdoch and that.

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Cunts.

Who gives a fuck when we play them?

It's a meaningless fixture in the context of this season.

United are safe in second, we have no hope of 4th.

Even the age-old bitter rivalry is a damp squib right now.

For once, those Manc supporters have done everyone a favour, and it had fuck all to do with trying to fuck us over.  They want to have a dig at their Yanks, fine.  Their business.

Hopefully, they do it again and the match gets scrapped.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, belarus said:

I’ve said it before, but as great a player he was in his pomp, I couldn’t stand him aside from that even then. You could always hearing him during the game screaming at the likes of pennant, arbeloa, biscan, the peripheral players, but never a peep to the main lads if they got something wrong. He’s a bully.

This

There was loads in a few autobiographies of him trying to do players in training if they didn't rate them. 

1 minute ago, Shitkicker said:

For once, those Manc supporters have done everyone a favour, and it had fuck all to do with trying to fuck us over.  They want to have a dig at their Yanks, fine.  Their business.

It's not their business now though, they've brought Liverpool into it.

There is absolutely no way this game should be rescheduled. We should be given the three points to show that supporters can't just get games postponed whenever they feel like it.

There's no conflict about this in my mind, Man Utd are cunts & I hope the Glazers put them out of business.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Mook said:

We could always just invade the stadium, slash a copper's face & get it postponed again.

It is the way forward...

Injury crisis?

Players only back day before game after 3 internationals in 7 days and clocking up more air miles than Judith Chalmers?

Short turnaround from midweek game in outer reaches of Europe?

Facing relegation and want to know exactly what need before play?

No sweat - just get your fans to break into stadium and cause a ruck - game will be moved to a better time for you.....Sorted!!

• Upvote 1

Simon Jordans rant on talk sport this morning is very interesting, slates Gary Neville, Sky and the "other pundits" who have jumped on the band wagon and stoked this whole riot which is totally out off order, protest by all means but that was a riot. https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/875325/simon-jordan-man-united-fan-protests-gary-neville-glazers/amp/. he's an arsewhole but let's rip here.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Shitkicker said:

Could not disagree more.

We had an edge yesterday going there with them off back off a very short turnaround from Thursday and us fresh and rested.

We are now disadvantaged in our quest for europe of any sort which we need financially and for our co-efficient by 'scoreboard' pressure of our rivals being able to pick up points this weekend when we have been denied the chance....the gap could be all but too much by time we get chance to catch this game up.

And those manc rats should not be applauded in any way shape or form for forcing a game off yesterday - Protest? Yeah - absolutely.

Break into a stadium, damage pitch, break into covid secure areas, stop teams leaving hotel, turn officials away' slash a bizzies face - alter the arc of the fixture list? No, absolutely not.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's not their business now though, they've brought Liverpool into it.

There is absolutely no way this game should be rescheduled. We should be given the three points to show that supporters can't just get games postponed whenever they feel like it.

There's no conflict about this in my mind, Man Utd are cunts & I hope the Glazers put them out of business.

I have absolutely no problem with this game NOT being rescheduled.  And yep, I'd take the 3 points gifted too.

But I also don't think their supporters felt like postponing this game to spite or disadvantage us.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Could not disagree more.

We had an edge yesterday going there with them off back off a very short turnaround from Thursday and us fresh and rested.

We are now disadvantaged in our quest for europe of any sort which we need financially and for our co-efficient by 'scoreboard' pressure of our rivals being able to pick up points this weekend when we have been denied the chance....the gap could be all but too much by time we get chance to catch this game up.

And those manc rats should not be applauded in any way shape or form for forcing a game off yesterday - Protest? Yeah - absolutely.

Break into a stadium, damage pitch, break into covid secure areas, stop teams leaving hotel, turn officials away' slash a bizzies face - alter the arc of the fixture list? No, absolutely not.

Fair enough.

I'm not arsed about it.

Personally, I don't think we've got an edge over anyone, anytime at the moment - and if I were United, I'd have fancied playing us at Old Trafford off the back of a 6-2 win.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shitkicker said:

I have absolutely no problem with this game NOT being rescheduled.

But I also don't think their supporters felt like postponing this game to spite or disadvantage us.

I don't think they did either, it simply happens to be a very convenient result of their rioting & sets a dangerous precedent.

Just now, Mook said:

I don't think they did either, it simply happens to be a very convenient result of their rioting & sets a dangerous precedent.

By all means, let them deal with United in whatever way is appropriate.

For once, we won't be implicated in the wrongdoing.  

United are the cunts and we aren't.  That's a win.

23 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This

There was loads in a few autobiographies of him trying to do players in training if they didn't rate them. 

I remember on Crouch’s podcast he was saying how Carragher and Gerrard were ‘ruthless’ if they didn’t rate you and said a couple of things they did. He was laughing but I’m guessing because that was because they liked him. 
He was laughing but I thought it sounded pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Shitkicker said:

Fair enough.

I'm not arsed about it.

Personally, I don't think we've got an edge over anyone, anytime at the moment - and if I were United, I'd have fancied playing us at Old Trafford off the back of a 6-2 win.

We are shite right now sadly, we all know that.

But the best time to play sides is often on a sunday after they have played on thurs night.

It was for me the bit of hope we had there yesterday - us fresh them off back of thurs night.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

We are shite right now sadly, we all know that.

But the best time to play sides is often on a sunday after they have played on thurs night.

It was for me the bit of hope we had there yesterday - us fresh them off back of thurs night.

I never look forward to United at Old Trafford.

It's angst I no longer need in my life.

• dave u changed the title to Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm