You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

7 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I wonder if the jug eared prick will apologise to Klopp

I'm sure the copper who had his face slashed yesterday will wish his words were heeded 

Too busy hawking shite crisps and playing politics. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I wonder if the jug eared prick will apologise to Klopp

I'm sure the copper who had his face slashed yesterday will wish his words were heeded 

That’s the one mate. I hope Klopp comes out and condemns what has happened and highlights the media’s part in it. It’s not like he didn’t warn people. Nobody else seems to have the bollocks to do it, Klopp certainly has the bollocks, I think it’s mainly a question of whether he can be arsed or not. I also think the point that Manc fans have openly said that they were trying to get the game called off is being massively overlooked. What sort of precedent are we setting there? Next time we get a questionable red card and one of our players are banned, let’s just March on the stadium and protest against our owners and all and sundry will congratulate us on us saving football. Section has had the Mancs absolutely nailed on here for years, they’re a despicable gang of cunts. The irony of them being a fucking PLC and protesting to reclaim their club is astonishing, who do they expect to take come in and save them and still allow them to compete? 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

That’s the one mate. I hope Klopp comes out and condemns what has happened and highlights the media’s part in it. It’s not like he didn’t warn people. Nobody else seems to have the bollocks to do it, Klopp certainly has the bollocks, I think it’s mainly a question of whether he can be arsed or not. I also think the point that Manc fans have openly said that they were trying to get the game called off is being massively overlooked. What sort of precedent are we setting there? Next time we get a questionable red card and one of our players are banned, let’s just March on the stadium and protest against our owners and all and sundry will congratulate us on us saving football. Section has had the Mancs absolutely nailed on here for years, they’re a despicable gang of cunts. The irony of them being a fucking PLC and protesting to reclaim their club is astonishing, who do they expect to take come in and save them and still allow them to compete? 

To be fair, united fans have previous for getting a game abandoned when they didnt like the result that was going to happen.

Back in 1974, think it was the last home game of the season against city. united needed a win to stay up but dennis law of all people had scored for city to put them 1-0 up.

With minutes of the game remaining, united fans invaded the pitch and the ref was forced to abandon the game. Then as now, the united fan used a false narative over the pitch invasion. They said it had nothing to do with the implications and scoreline. Instead, they said it was 'tradition' to run onto the pitch at the last home game. Yes, it was but after the final whistle not during the game.

The EFL decided the game wouldnt be replayed and awarded city the points as they said other results meant united were relegated whether they won or not.

To this day and my knowledge, it remains the only First Division game that was not completed and never replayed.

Forest fans did the same thing against Newcastle in the FA Cup when they were being tonked 4-0 if Im right. That game was replayed and Newcastle players shit the bed and lost heavily in the replay. Might have been 1988, not sure.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Moo said:

Absolute gobshite, always has been always will be.  Can't stand the twat.

I’ve said it before, but as great a player he was in his pomp, I couldn’t stand him aside from that even then. You could always hearing him during the game screaming at the likes of pennant, arbeloa, biscan, the peripheral players, but never a peep to the main lads if they got something wrong. He’s a bully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Lineker and Rat Boy need to understand that words have consequences and they have responsibilities as broadcasters.

It's a duty of care, people who have a platform to be able to air THEIR views on others need to be held accountable when their words are taken or can be taken in the wrong context by the dim few ( few thousand in yesterday's case) I said it yesterday Trump was impeached for tweeting his approval / encouragement for protesters who subsequently stormed Congress he knew what he was doing just as Neville and Carragher do they loved being given the pedestal by sky to be the voice of football on Monday night football they encouraged fans to stand up and to storm Anfield ( if Klopp left Carragher said LFC fans would storm Anfield and run FSG out of Liverpool) and to protest they blatantly lied yesterday when they said it was peaceful only for footage to show them talking to a copper who had facial injuries before they took to the air to say it was peaceful, Roy Keane also said he had no problem with the protest again basically condoning what was happening, all of them need to be fucked for it including Sky.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Lineker and Rat Boy need to understand that words have consequences and they have responsibilities as broadcasters.

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

It's a duty of care, people who have a platform to be able to air THEIR views on others need to be held accountable when their words are taken or can be taken in the wrong context by the dim few ( few thousand in yesterday's case) I said it yesterday Trump was impeached for tweeting his approval / encouragement for protesters who subsequently stormed Congress he knew what he was doing just as Neville and Carragher do they loved being given the pedestal by sky to be the voice of football on Monday night football they encouraged fans to stand up and to storm Anfield ( if Klopp left Carragher said LFC fans would storm Anfield and run FSG out of Liverpool) and to protest they blatantly lied yesterday when they said it was peaceful only for footage to show them talking to a copper who had facial injuries before they took to the air to say it was peaceful, Roy Keane also said he had no problem with the protest again basically condoning what was happening, all of them need to be fucked for it including Sky.

Great posts. Indeed they do need to realise that. But, given there's clearly a media agenda here over this Euro League and the manc fans using it as a stalking horse for the glazer campaign, I very much think they'll be told to crack on and not reeled in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Have Manchester United decided when this gets replayed yet? 

It's not being replayed, Utd are getting the 3 points because Sky,Neville,Carragher and Keane say they are the saviours of football and it would be wrong to punish them, so we are being docked the 3 pts and being fined for not fulfilling our fixture £50m they said should be sufficient.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

People who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Loads of Capitol rioters were arrested because they, or others, posted videos to social media. So, naturally....

I wouldn’t have had a problem with the game being called off if they’d have just had a sit down protest blocking the coach access from the hotels, or all approach points to the ground. Just keep it peaceful for fucks sake.

As for Neville and Carragher, coming out with the shite they did about peaceful protest after they’d been speaking to a policeman who’d had his face slashed - all because they and their paymasters want to present a false narrative of being part of ‘saving’ football - is gobshitery of the highest order.

I'm not sure there was a sky agenda here. The coverage on SSN was a much different time to that on the match show and in fact the presenter on the match continued to say it wasn't acceptable (I don't recall his name). At one point when he was interviewing carragher and asking him why he thought breaking in, trespass and vandalism was ok, carragher said something like "I know you have to play devil's advocate", the presenter clearly fuming replied something like "no I'm not, this isn't acceptable"

It's clearly an agenda from Neville (and no surprise why, he wants to use this to rid his side of the glazers). And carragher is too fucking stupid to realise he's being played by Neville. He made an absolute cunt out of himself yesterday bringing up 80s football violence and all that "there's always a few bad ones spoiling it for everyone" . He's sadly been completely subservient to Neville since the day he returned from his suspension. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We have WBA that day don't we? 

Screenshot_20210503-115937.jpg

Maybe on the 12th ? One thing's for sure the club needs to make sure the date suits us not them, the game was deemed unplayable due to their fans so it shouldn't inconvenience us.

3 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Maybe on the 12th ? One thing's for sure the club needs to make sure the date suits us not them, the game was deemed unplayable due to their fans so it shouldn't inconvenience us.

Someone posted this yesterday, although I don't know why it has Burnley as not arranged for us. They play Leicester on 12th. 

Edit: it would feel today was the only real space to play it. 

Screenshot_20210503-120738.jpg

But if the game is rearranged for a date when we've already got a game, that means we then have the inconvenience of having to find another date and Sky have washed their hands of it, as long as it suits their schedule.

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

But if the game is rearranged for a date when we've already got a game, that means we then have the inconvenience of having to find another date and Sky have washed their hands of it, as long as it suits their schedule.

Surely Sky wouldn’t have that, they only operate in the best interests of football and fight the good fight against monied interests.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Really cannot see the PL rescheduling this game to a date when we already have a game as it would just create more issues. Also, I dont see Sky being able to do that as the 'other' game may be due for transmission by BT or even Sky themselves.

• dave u changed the title to Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm