You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm

Trumo

Im normally optomistic but even I think 4th place has gone now. The last two results have shown we cannot score and cannot defend to the last when put under pressure. It'll take a monumental fuck up by 2 clubs above us and even if that happens, Im no longer confident we can take advantage of it.

Heart says yes but head says no. Even sadder thing is, Id normally take a point from this game before kick off but that isnt going to be enough now.

• Upvote 1

Having complained enough about our finishing lately, I could see this being one of those games that everything we hit goes in, a bit like the Palace game.

I know that’s flying in the face of reason and current form but it would be just like us to dick them 4-2.

Then lose the next one at home.

We have to start Fabinho in midfield though, regardless.

18 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Having complained enough about our finishing lately, I could see this being one of those games that everything we hit goes in, a bit like the Palace game.

I know that’s flying in the face of reason and current form but it would be just like us to dick them 4-2.

Then lose the next one at home.

We have to start Fabinho in midfield though, regardless.

Phillips has a slight hamstring injury which in LFC 2021 language means he'll be out for the season probably, which means Fabinho in defence.

Ben Davies will be hammering his PS5.

Turning point of the season. 

We gonna be 2 down with 5 to play. 

Last throw of the dice

Salah gets one back 86 mins

Kabak pulls us level on 90

And Phillips rises above Maguire to head the ball off the underside of the bar and despite the Manc protests the watch goes indicating it crossed the line. 

VAR then disallows all three goals after the final whistle

We'll score a goal, batter their area for 94 minutes and when the clock strikes midnight our players will perform a courtesy as Rashford does a Harry Emfield impression running around in circles with the football attached to his foot and runs the ball in the goal as Allison crouches and jumps up in the air as a celebration in a job well done.

22 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im normally optomistic but even I think 4th place has gone now. The last two results have shown we cannot score and cannot defend to the last when put under pressure. It'll take a monumental fuck up by 2 clubs above us and even if that happens, Im no longer confident we can take advantage of it.

Heart says yes but head says no. Even sadder thing is, Id normally take a point from this game before kick off but that isnt going to be enough now.

Yep, pretty much need 5 out of 5 to have a chance of top 4. We’ve shit the bed in the last 2 games from winning positions, and have an inexplicably bad record at Old Trafford so I don’t think pessimism is misplaced

• Upvote 1

• dave u changed the title to Man Utd (A) - Thursday 13th May 8.15 pm