You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Feral Little Bastards.

Harry's Lad

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Long time posters may recall that something similar happened to my brother on the Manchester ring road a few years back. He was on his way back from the late shift (he’s a dispatcher for NW Ambulance Service) when someone or several someones dropped a concrete planter off a bridge right in front of his car, causing him to swerve and hit the central reservation. He got lucky - a written off car and a severely broken arm requiring plates. Never were able to trace the culprits. Feel so sorry for the paramedic and family. I hope they get them.

I’ve been saying for years that the kids passing through the youth justice system have been becoming more amoral. There is no boundary. They’ll happily hurt anyone to get what they want. Little old lady’s handbag - won’t think twice about pulling her over and breaking her hip to get it. Your kid’s iPhone - knife held to the stomach to get it, and while you’re at it pass me your trainers.

Blaming parents can be too simplistic. There are some bad parents out there, but also normal parents competing against the local youth gangs for their kids well-being. It can be hard for a single mum when their 12 year old is physically bigger than her and won’t think twice about hitting her or threatening her with a weapon.

And yet in Australia they're talking of raising the age for criminal responsibility. Bollocks.Most 10 years olds now the difference between right and wrong.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think us old bastards have always thought the youth were getting worse. Decades ago people were getting knifed for listening to the wrong music or wearing the wrong parka.

I genuinely think this generation, by and large, is better than the last. Me Mrs teaches in a rough area and they've got a couple of severely disabled kids in there and the kids are great with them by all accounts, they'd have got bullied to high heaven years ago. The Syrian kids have all been pretty much welcomed too.

When I was a lad all we cared about was shirts, Kickers and pints. Nobody gave a fuck about the environment and if you were a bloke and came into the pub wearing a dress, needless to say you wouldn't be getting a book deal.

The antisocial behaviour stuff has been brewing for decades and it's in large part down to the fact the police are shite IMO. You can make people's lives a misery and pretty much fuck all will be done about it. 

Police are massively underfunded. They don't have the resources to investigate every crime. Until that changes you'll get this sort of shite. 

Funding the police in isolation may help the crime detection rate, but actually addressing the problem goes far wider. It would require us looking at what is happening in communities, and how can we challenge the issues of bring a sense of community back into areas that need it most. We also need to address tribalism on an intimate scale. It goes beyond one agency and their are no easy fixes.

• Upvote 2

Looking at the reports of this they all seem to be very cautiously saying that the window of the ambulance was struck by an object, but nobody is using the word thrown.  Also, the road doesn’t look like it’s in a built up area, but surrounded by greenery. Has it been confirmed elsewhere that it was a thrown object as opposed to, say, something being kicked up off the road by the wheels of another car?

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Funding the police in isolation may help the crime detection rate, but actually addressing the problem goes far wider. It would require us looking at what is happening in communities, and how can we challenge the issues of bring a sense of community back into areas that need it most. We also need to address tribalism on an intimate scale. It goes beyond one agency and their are no easy fixes.

Yep. Successive right wing governments have been dismantling the notion of 'society' since the eighties, in favour of the individual. Paradoxically, they are also up in arms when individuals don't give a shit about anyone else.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Looking at the reports of this they all seem to be very cautiously saying that the window of the ambulance was struck by an object, but nobody is using the word thrown.  Also, the road doesn’t look like it’s in a built up area, but surrounded by greenery. Has it been confirmed elsewhere that it was a thrown object as opposed to, say, something being kicked up off the road by the wheels of another car?

Was it behind a monster truck? 

F90CF7D4-A161-4C45-937A-3E49BB467349.jpeg

Spoken like somebody who has never driven before. Debris can be kicked up off the road, even to that height, or even come off another vehicle. I’m not saying something wasn’t thrown, but all the reports appear to be very cautious about the language their using.

Just now, Anubis said:

Spoken like somebody who has never driven before. Debris can be kicked up off the road, even to that height, or even come off another vehicle. I’m not saying something wasn’t thrown, but all the reports appear to be very cautious about the language their using.

I was taking the piss. I’ve had a windscreen chipped a few times. I’ve never had a hole that size from road debris being kicked up. 
I have noticed the same in the reports I’ve read though. No mention of feral cunts or idle parents who need jailing. 

14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The problem is there's no repercussions.

If your dog kills someone, you get convicted of a crime. So let's take that principle and start jailing the parents. That'd end it all pretty quickly.

Haha are you seriously advocating the above? 

14 hours ago, Mook said:

Kids who brick an ambulance window might not give a shit about their Dad going to jail though. You'd just be filling jails up with people who haven't committed any crime.

I think we can put Stronts idea in the 'not really thought this one through" file.

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Very naive that fella. 

Sure, plenty of parents don't do a good job but not all are shit and many try and try but the kid is in with a crowd and become a cunt. 

Spot on. To propose the British judicial system arrest, prosecute and put in jail a person it knows did not comit a crime is bizzare. 

As a side issue Britain has the highest proportion of people in jail per population in western Europe. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britain-has-the-highest-prison-population-in-the-eu-m32052srz

Seems to be working, let's throw a few more in.

There's nothing like hearing about anti-social crime to bring out the rabid right winger in me. One apparent solution would be a combination of tougher laws and greater enforcement powers/more police. Of course, this comes with other consequences that I'm not a fan of, such as a move towards a police state and policing without consent. 

Another might be to try and engender a cultural shift towards greater respect for each other and society in general through education and conditioning. Again, this has its own side effects and, if achievable (or desirable) at all, would be a long-term aim at best, particularly given how polarised society is right now.

10 hours ago, Mudface said:

And surely it's time we tooled up the pigs.

Give them guns. Fuck it, give everyone guns. It works in the States.

18 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Spoken like a man who's never lived on an estate terrorised by these bastards.

Absolute total bollocks pal, I grew up on a council estate and actually was one of "these bastards" thankyou. 

Where did you grow up Senor Howdy?

8 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Absolute total bollocks pal, I grew up on a council estate and actually was one of "these bastards" thankyou. 

Where did you grow up Senor Howdy?

So did I. I was never into the anti social shite or petty crime though. Seeing it all first hand, I am able to separate the behaviour (which needs punishing) from the causes (which need addressing, or the behaviours will continue, no matter how much birching or national service we have).

• Upvote 2