You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Feral Little Bastards.

Harry's Lad

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Looking at the reports of this they all seem to be very cautiously saying that the window of the ambulance was struck by an object, but nobody is using the word thrown.  Also, the road doesn’t look like it’s in a built up area, but surrounded by greenery. Has it been confirmed elsewhere that it was a thrown object as opposed to, say, something being kicked up off the road by the wheels of another car?

I've probably since read the same reports as you and I agree they are being careful what they say. 

Perhaps I've jumped the gun, perhaps not, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough but something needs to be done either way. I, like most people just haven't got a clue what.

Everything just seems lawless and broken and my biggest fear is more kids being drawn into things trying to be like the big boys, ruining their lives and the lives of others.

25 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

It does have a certain whiff of Daily Mail this thread. 

Never read the Daily Mail in my life. Just an ordinary fella who wants his family to be safe and secure.

It's just that the antics of these little gobshites sicken me.

23 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's been happening for years, feral little bastards bricking buses, fire engines, police cars and ambulances.

Today, somewhere in Herefordshire, an object went through the windscreen of an ambulance and killed an 'ambulance technician', paramedic? while it was responding to a 999 call.

Words fail me. 

These people are there to help us and yet these little twats see them as fair game?, how the fuck did we get here?.

Society is broken.

Apparently the ambulance service don't suspect foul play but the police investigation is ongoing.

The fella had retired but gone back to help out because of the pandemic. 

May the poor bloke rest in peace.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Apparently the ambulance service don't suspect foul play but the police investigation is ongoing.

The fella had retired but gone back to help out because of the pandemic. 

May the poor bloke rest in peace.

Agreed. How awful for the poor fella and his family, only came out of retirement to help through the pandemic. Life can be so unfair.

14 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Love that on Facebook. I asked some miserable old twat on one of these pages why you would want to train these cunts to fight properly and shoot accurately.

Both the old guy I worked with and my grandad are the only people I ever spoke to about national service and they were dead against it.

It seems mostly to be people like my dad who grew up after national service who seem to think it's a good idea, although only for the people younger than them. 

Personally, I'd bring it back but only for people over about 50 as they are the ones who seem obsessed with it being a good idea. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

Both the old guy I worked with and my grandad are the only people I ever spoke to about national service and they were dead against it.

It seems mostly to be people like my dad who grew up after national service who seem to think it's a good idea, although only for the people younger than them. 

Personally, I'd bring it back but only for people over about 50 as they are the ones who seem obsessed with it being a good idea. 

I think the best idea is to just put them all on a remote island and let them sort out what stupid shite they fight about without involving normal people. 

I don't think the army should be given the responsibility of sorting these twats out. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Came home earlier today to find Mrs Williard’s new Vespa knocked over. A few hours later (after dark), the police knocked on our door to say that they had found it abandoned near the house. Clearly they had tried to steal it earlier and came back for a second attempt. Luckily I had locked it after the first attempt so they didn’t succeed but not nice to be the target of a crime. It’s now back in the garden.  

446BCFE7-BBDD-45E6-A0DD-94DA4F1FA035.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Came home earlier today to find Mrs Williard’s new Vespa knocked over. A few hours later (after dark), the police knocked on our door to say that they had found it abandoned near the house. Clearly they had tried to steal it earlier and came back for a second attempt. Luckily I had locked it after the first attempt so they didn’t succeed but not nice to be the target of a crime. It’s now back in the garden.  

Cunts. Lovely scooter though 

29 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cunts. Lovely scooter though 

Right colour as well!

15 hours ago, CapeRed said:

I dont know the answer but always finding something to excuse their actions doesn't help in the long run

When people try to understand why someone did something it doesn't automatically follow that they are trying to excuse it. If you understand common patterns in offending you might learn better how to combat it. 

I'm not sure what you are referring to in this instance so apologies if this doesn't apply to you. 

On 24/09/2021 at 22:20, dockers_strike said:

Right colour as well!

Could be red for Labour rather than Liverpool for all we know.

What?

Seriously though, it's always a bit of a wake-up all, a shock to the system, when ordinary law-abiding people going about their business are suddenly the victims of crime, even when it's a relatively minor offence rather than a physical assault or something life-changing.

I had my phone snatched put of my hand, like a seagull nicking a fucking chip, last year by some cunt on a bike. The shock of what had just happened was more consuming than the actual practicalities of dealing with the bother of replacing the phone and everything I lost on it. 

I did my bit one day in the summer to help out with local volunteers tidying the place up and putting some planters and flowers in. I had decided I would do the football/basketball court. I filled 3 massive bin bags with plastic and takeaway shite. The lads who hang around there are all dressed in the smart outdoors gear, have bikes or e scooters, but are obviously happy living in shit. I saw some of the younger lads today and thought about saying something, but thought better of it. Most of them are probably ok on their own, but it’s the usual pattern of fall in with the wrong crowd. Honestly now there’s parts of Liverpool, and Merseyside that are practically derelict. Old shops converted to cheap flats, HMOs from

out of town property developers, no decent public transport, burnt out boozers. And gangs are grooming the likes of those kids in the park by mine, and there doesn’t seem to be anything being done about providing viable alternatives. I hate this low level ASBO behaviour and no amount of home CCTV seems

to deter theft that then gets reported on Facebook while the plod shrug. Even town is run

down now after its crappy makeover. Rant over.