You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Snowfall

Section_31

Anyone watched it? It's fucking boss. Only caught onto it after there was some brouhaha on Twitter with someone saying it was better than the Wire.

It's a totally different animal, like a mix between Menace to Society, Narcos and American Made. 

Tells the story of the start of the 80s crack epidemic which the CIA were behind due to Raegan's shadow war on the central American commies which needed funding off the books, despite all of Nancy's just say no bollocks. 

I'm steaming through it, already half way through season two. It's on iplayer and well worth a watch.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Anyone watched it? It's fucking boss. Only caught onto it after there was some brouhaha on Twitter with someone saying it was better than the Wire.

It's a totally different animal, like a mix between Menace to Society, Narcos and American Made. 

Tells the story of the start of the 80s crack epidemic which the CIA were behind due to Raegan's shadow war on the central American commies which needed funding off the books, despite all of Nancy's just say no bollocks. 

I'm steaming through it, already half way through season two. It's on iplayer and well worth a watch.

Yeah it's fucking brilliant.

The standard doesn't dip either. Arguably the best show currently airing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Yeah it's fucking brilliant.

The standard doesn't dip either. Arguably the best show currently airing.

It's actually made me want to start my own drugs business, but with something other than drugs, like coffee or raisins or something. 

• Upvote 2

I was only thinking earlier when I saw CD's review on the Last TV show thread why this hasn't got its own thread. 

I started it but got to the episode where they drove into the desert which I think might be about the 3rd episode. Might go back to it then! 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's actually made me want to start my own drugs business, but with something other than drugs, like coffee or raisins or something. 

Unless you've got a massive uncle as muscle don't bother. Frenchy wouldn't have 'taxed' Jerome that's for fucking damn sure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I was only thinking earlier when I saw CD's review on the Last TV show thread why this hasn't got its own thread. 

I started it but got to the episode where they drove into the desert which I think might be about the 3rd episode. Might go back to it then! 

It's boss, plus Jay Kulina from Kingdom is in it now as the Tom Cruise type character from American Made.

Only the yanks could get black people hooked on crack to fight a war against central America, then wage a drug war on said black people. They don't make words in English to describe that level of  hypocritical chicanery.

Just now, Section_31 said:

It's boss, plus Jay Kulina from Kingdom is in it now as the Tom Cruise type character from American Made.

Only the yanks could get black people hooked on crack to fight a war against central America, then wage a drug war on said black people. They don't make words in English to describe that level of  hypocritical chicanery.

I've been rewatching Kingdom as well, you'll struggle to find a more multi-layered charismatic character than Jay Kulina. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's fucking boss, really surprised he hasn't hit the big time yet.

He's been in plenty of shows but never really taken off. He's a great actor though, definitely up there with Walton Goggins as the best TV actor.

• Upvote 1

George Bush Snr and Reagan are the biggest cunts ever in office in the US and that's takes some doing. 

Imagine how fox would have reacted if you found out that Obama was selling arms to Iran to fund weapon sales to paramilitary death squads in central/South America. While also allowing said death squads to flood the US with coke. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Unless you've got a massive uncle as muscle don't bother. Frenchy wouldn't have 'taxed' Jerome that's for fucking damn sure.

If you become the one who knocks, the world is your oyster.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

When is the new series going to be available on a legitimate platform?

It's up there with the best things I've ever seen on the telly.

I imagine it'll be in iPlayer before long 

Netflix should pick it up, it'd be massive.

Just watched the latest episode, such good TV with rarely a poor one. There I'd always something brewing to get you looking forward to the next one. 

Also, as I only found out the Franklin is English recently, I was curious what he really sounded like

I love Avi as well

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Just watched the latest episode, such good TV with rarely a poor one. There I'd always something brewing to get you looking forward to the next one. 

Also, as I only found out the Franklin is English recently, I was curious what he really sounded like

I love Avi as well

Whaaat? The amount of English and Irish actors doing American roles now is mad. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I imagine it'll be in iPlayer before long 

Netflix should pick it up, it'd be massive.

Is series 3 the latest? That's on iPlayer. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Cuntishness?

Had watched 1-3 up to final episode, just went back to it, and now 2 to go on s4, binged it yesterday. 

It’s definitely a top show. I’ll probably rewatch from the start as it was a while ago I started it. 

Liked the clip of Reagan giving a speech on civil rights on TV. He was elected through a backlash against the progress made since the 60s, and declared war on the poor, who just so happened to be black.