You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elections 2021

AngryOfTuebrook

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

No Overall Control always do well , maybe we can pinch some of their ideas.

Yeah send Peter Mandelson down there on a fact finding mission, our Mandy can try to bring the youngsters back to Labour although the youth will probably drag him through the streets and chuck him in the water with the old statues.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Might be for you but that means Labour needs to fight another byelction, which means going out and meeting the general public. The last the Labour party needs is the general public, best be avoided them people.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Might be for you but that means Labour needs to fight another byelction, which means going out and meeting the general public. The last the Labour party needs is the general public, best be avoided them people.

Good point. She replaced Jo Cox as MP but has already said she won’t do both jobs. I’d like to think whoever stands will win in that particular constituency but who knows at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

There have been quite a few member's suspended, messed around and kicked out from Bristol CLPs over the past 12 months. I'll let you join the dots. Add Bristol being Bristol. 

Yeah I know, I mentioned it earlier, I just can't for the life of me understand the strategy, its crazy, it's a sure fire way to lose support and votes and that's what's happened. Madness.

1 hour ago, Denny Crane said:

My prediction last year of the Greens being the third biggest party vote wise not seat wise at the next general election doesn't look so daft now. 

I think they will take lots of the youth/student/left wing vote. 

It's probably a good thing in the long run, as a huge surge in the green vote will help set the agenda for the two main political parties. A bit like the huge surge in the UKIP vote in 2015. 

• 2 weeks later...

'One group we have seen move away from the Conservatives in the last three weeks, however, is the very politically engaged. As well as weighting by demographic and past voting behaviour to ensure our samples are representative of the overall public, YouGov also weights by how much attention they pay to politics on a scale of 0 to 10. Anyone who self-reports themselves as an 8, 9 or 10 out of 10, we define as having a high political attention. Anyone answering 3-7 is defined as medium attention and 0-2 is low attention.

Amongst those who self-report paying a high level of attention to politics, our poll just two days before the local elections showed a five-point lead for Labour (38% to 33%). This was in stark contrast to the rest of our sample, which showed a 15-point lead for the Conservatives (46% to 31%), averaging out at an overall Conservative 10-point lead.

Looking at the trend over the last month, we also see two completely different stories depending on whether people are engaged in politics or not. There has been a dramatic shift amongst those with a self-reported political attention of 8/10 or higher, with the Conservatives collapsing from a 17-point lead on 13 April to a five-point Labour lead in early May. Amongst those with a political attention of 7/10 or lower, voting intention is virtually unchanged over this time.'

https://www.markpack.org.uk/167491/why-didnt-sleaze-stories-hurt-the-tories-more-in-this-years-elections/