You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elections 2021

AngryOfTuebrook

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The warning signs were there, it was back in 2014 when Thornberry made that snobby post about the house with the England flags. Labour should have learned from that. Rightly or wrongly, most people love their country and most people admire Churchill. They do not trust politicians who make their disdain for such things clear.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The warning signs were there, it was back in 2014 when Thornberry made that snobby post about the house with the England flags. Labour should have learned from that. Rightly or wrongly, most people love their country and most people admire Churchill. They do not trust politicians who make their disdain for such things clear.

It may be a sweeping generalisation but people in Hartlepool probably don’t care much about Palestine.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Be some challenge trying to appeal to the sort of metropolitan woke educated demographic, and at the same time also appealing to traditional Labour voters. Especially as both cohorts don't seem to understand or even like each other.

There are many things that the "metropolitan woke educated demographic" and traditional Labor voters/working class agree on.  Labour needs to take some time to work out what these are, find a leader that agrees, and focus on them.

Four or five key policies and hammer them home:

Tax avoidance

The working poor

Child poverty

Housing

Environment, clean safe spaces

• Upvote 2

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

True. George Orwell went off to fight, Clem Atlee was a firm British patriot as was Nye Bevan. 

Some of the people on in the the labour party talking down to working class people as "racist' ' 'bigots" or 'gammon' etc need to either have a good look at themselves or fuck off and join the free the Whales party.

• Upvote 1

Is it still alright to call racist and bigoted people racists and bigots though? There's a danger that this whole "war on woke" stuff goes too far the other way and people start tolerating and, even worse, appeasing people who have such views? 

If getting in power means sucking up to cunts who want to say "p*ki" and "n*gger" without any challenge or consequences then is it a power worth pursuing? 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Is it still alright to call racist and bigoted people racists and bigots though? There's a danger that this whole "war on woke" stuff goes too far the other way and people start tolerating and, even worse, appeasing people who have such views? 

If getting in power means sucking up to cunts who want to say "p*ki" and "n*gger" without any challenge or consequences then is it a power worth pursuing? 

I think the best thing to do is when people say something racist, call them racists.  Until then don’t call them racist.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It may be a sweeping generalisation but people in Hartlepool probably don’t care much about Palestine.  

No you're right but like S Africa in the 80s their is nothing wrong with a modern Labour party showing concern over the oppressed members of this earth, its called humanity.

Starmer and Labour made a big big play over wheeling out people like Ruth Smeeth after this anti semitic issue which affects precisely no one in Britain bar a couple of luvvies on twitter. The average Joe in the country couldn't give two fucks about it to be honest.

However your point is correct, ridiculous to scream about Palestinians whilst ignoring what's going on in front of your eyes. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-56988881

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I think the best thing to do is when people say something racist, call them racists.  Until then don’t call them racist.  

True but thats you fucked then because you throw the insult about like confetti.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Two more Lib Dem gains in Liverpool: Mossley Hill, and my cousin has picked up Cressington.

Well done. Good on your cousin. I've grown a bit of a liking for Ed Davey latley and that nutty women is fab.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well done. Good on your cousin. I've grown a bit of a liking for Ed Davey latley and that nutty women is fab.

I've also noted a lady called Daisy Cooper who seems a decent person and is allegedly something in the Lib Dem hierarchy.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Two more Lib Dem gains in Liverpool: Mossley Hill, and my cousin has picked up Cressington.

I might regret this in later petty skirmishes with you but I found myself ticking a Lib Dem box as a second option on one of my cards yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

First seat to change hands in Liverpool, Lib Dem gain Childwall.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Your lot won the three seats for my ward in Halton Stronts, two of the three previously being held by Labour. They were the only three seats they won in Halton though. 

7 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

I have posted several articles about Preston council over the years. Good to see them buck the trend in England.

Oh- Preston Model? They're not one of these ones that just outsource everything and stick automated booths in supermarkets to 'answer' council queries, are they?